Forum › Liberty discussion

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

But logic? Nope, there are no cultural variants in logic. Reason and logic are universal.

Logic has nothing to do with it. It's a cultural thing. Any Japanese would assume a romantic relationship is exclusive unless explicitly said otherwise.

This is not a question of need or lack thereof. They have a contract. Perchance you forgot?

A contract none of them took seriously. What they did take seriously was the relationship itself, which is why when Senpai asked Liz if Maki was her girlfriend, Liz didn't deny it.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 10:19AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I like the part where she realizes that she is the worst. Can't wait when she continues to be an asshole to doormat-san in the next chapter, because she feels bad. D:

Right—maybe she’ll be so ashamed and guilty at what she’s done that she’ll put Maki in the hospital.

My finely-tuned sleuth instinct makes me suspect you don't have a good opinion of Liz. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just realized the only sex scene in this manga is the MC getting cucked. lol

Terrific job, Momono Moto. You really know what's up.

To be fair, Momono Moto is only doing the art here; Kitta Izumi is the (first-time, as I understand it) writer.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 10:25AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

But logic? Nope, there are no cultural variants in logic. Reason and logic are universal.

Logic has nothing to do with it. It's a cultural thing. Any Japanese would assume a romantic relationship is exclusive unless explicitly said otherwise.

There's that blanket thing again...

This is not a question of need or lack thereof. They have a contract. Perchance you forgot?

A contract none of them took seriously. What they did take seriously was the relationship itself.

Too much headcanon, too little canon.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Wow, look at the date & time in the last messages!
We're posting a message a minute!

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 10:28AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I just know how the average Japanese think. I'm actually have Japanese friends and have gone to Japan many times too.

I guess that's your way if saying you didn't pay enough attention.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 10:42AM

joined May 24, 2019

Liberty sure is popular, huh? Totally a fan favorite. :))

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Liberty sure is popular, huh? Totally a fan favorite. :))

Series that start out looking like they have a lot of potential then . . . fail to live up to that initial promise always attract a lot of commentary. The ones that stink from the beginning don’t get quite so much sustained attention.

People who hope that the ship will right itself stick around, sometimes complaining and sometimes defending; people who feel betrayed by the series tend to keep articulating their disappointment, and people who like the series do battle with the others.

I’d put this one, My Unrequited Love, and What Does the Fox Say? in that category. I’m sure there are others.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

People who hope that the ship will right itself

I think the only way this crap could right itself is Maki dumping Liz's ass. Very unlikely to happen though. Liz is Kitta Izumi's self-insert so she will probably get scot-free.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I just now how the Japanese think. I'm actually have Japanese friends and have gone to Japan many times too.

You're not getting the point.

You said, I quote, "Any Japanese would assume a romantic relationship is exclusive unless explicitly said otherwise." You could as well say, "Any Japanese would assume a romantic relationship is something between a man and a woman unless explicitly said otherwise." Yes, a lot of people think like that; and it's a source of much embarrassment for lesbian couples in daily life. A lot of people. A lot. Not all.

Just because a great number of people in a country do something wrong, you cannot claim everyone is like that and issue a blanket condemnation.

I guess that's your way if saying you didn't pay enough attention.

Start by working on your understanding of logical thought (and your orthography); then we can talk.

joined Sep 12, 2014

Thank you for give me the last push I need to drop this one.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

A lot of people. A lot. Not all.

A lot as in most people, which is why assuming the relationship is meant to be exclusive makes the most sense.

Start by working on your understanding of logical thought (and your orthography); then we can talk.

Spare me the straw man, please.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 11:08AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

People who like the series do battle with the others.

Just for the record, both of us have avoided battle so far. XDD

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

People who like the series do battle with the others.

Just for the record, both of us have avoided battle so far. XDD

The Fabian strategy is often the best option when one side is massively outnumbered. Lol

joined May 24, 2019

A lot of people. A lot. Not all.

A lot as in most people, which is why assuming the relationship is meant to be exclusive makes the most sense.

I can't believe this.
You are ardently supporting polyphobic people, homophobic people, and, in general, all majority groups who engage in minority discrimination... and, afaict, you don't even realize what you're doing.

You really need to rethink your argument. Or your worldview. Or both. Or everything.

Spare me the straw man, please.

Are you sure you don't want her to spare you the illicit major, or the persuasive definition, or the double counting, or the survivorship bias?

Nene is right. Brush up on Logic 101. It will do you good.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What even was the contract about ? Was so far i don't remember.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What even was the contract about ? Was so far i don't remember.

Maki is required to let Liz shit in her mouth. Wait, no, that wasn’t quite it . . .

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch08#5

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

You are ardently supporting polyphobic people, homophobic people, and, in general, all majority groups who engage in minority discrimination... and, afaict, you don't even realize what you're doing.

You're making no sense. Just because I'm pretty familiarized with how the average Japanese think doesn't mean I support that way of thinking.

Nene is right. Brush up on Logic 101. It will do you good.

You probably should brush up your reading comprehension, considering all your baseless assumptions.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 11:51AM

joined Jun 30, 2016

Wow what a piece of trash this bitch is, yes you are the worst! and dont deserve any kind of love whatsoever!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

"I'm the worst"

Me: Well, you're not wrong...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Oh for fuck's sake--if a character is shown to have recently gotten a surprise short-hair makeover that completely changed the way she looks, then in a subsequent scene she is shown back looking the way she did before without any explanation (not even a short-hair wig lying on the floor) it's beyond fatuous to say "It's a manga--it's not supposed to be hyper-realistic."

Well, I don't see anyone else having problems understanding what was going on, so....

No, this is actually a narrative problem. Until she looked at her phone and the text from Maki, I legit thought the sex scene was a flashback. Ditching the wig with no visual cues actively confused my read of it. I don't think it's as big a deal as Blastaar does, but I do think it's a flawed choice.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Oh for fuck's sake--if a character is shown to have recently gotten a surprise short-hair makeover that completely changed the way she looks, then in a subsequent scene she is shown back looking the way she did before without any explanation (not even a short-hair wig lying on the floor) it's beyond fatuous to say "It's a manga--it's not supposed to be hyper-realistic."

Well, I don't see anyone else having problems understanding what was going on, so....

No, this is actually a narrative problem. Until she looked at her phone and the text from Maki, I legit thought the sex scene was a flashback. Ditching the wig with no visual cues actively confused my read of it. I don't think it's as big a deal as Blastaar does, but I do think it's a flawed choice.

I have to admit I was myself a wee bit confused about that makeover thing. At first I thought she had had her hair cut and dyed blonde. Then I saw her with long black hair again and didn't know what to think. It took me a few moments to realize the short blonde hair from before was supposed to be a wig... (I'm tempted to say: an impossibly well-fitting wig for someone with her hair...)

Now, it's the purpose of the makeover that has me kind of baffled. Did Sumire want Liz to change her looks just for that one shot (and dinner date) or is she demanding an official image change?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's only a "big deal" in the sense that we need to know what to make of it.

• Continuity error seems unlikely since it would be a huge one--how would such an oversight even happen?
  • It did seem like it could be a flashback, except then the sequence with Maki's text doesn't make sense.
  • So then what was the purpose of the makeover if the ex ultimately wanted to get Liz into the sack with her old hair?
  • Was the makeover supposed to demonstrate the power the ex had over Liz? If so, why not just keep the short hair?

I just see it as an example of what I have come to think of as "The My Unrequited Love Interpretive Conundrum": if this isn't simple authorial incompetence, then what the hell is it?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

What the hell is this story supposed to be about anymore?
Women have the liberty to be abusive assholes?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I can't believe this.

You really need to rethink your argument. Or your worldview. Or both. Or everything.

To be frank, I lost track of his argument at some point. He just keeps naysaying everything, even the factual and the canon, and doesn't seem to understand how it leads him to contradiction. It's gotten so incoherent, I don't know anymore what he's trying to tell us.

Most likely, he doesn't know either.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 4:27PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.