Forum › Liberty discussion

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Yes. You are the worst. You don't deserve the cinnamon supporting you. You deserve to be used and discarted over and over again by people like your ex forever.

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 11:01PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Man, remember how good the first chapter of this series was?

I certainly do. I was pretty interested in this one: the sexy mysterious chick meets the sincere, inexperienced girl and gets her head in a whirl, and who knows where it might go?

And then we find that behind that mysterious, sexy facade is a badly damaged, immature narcissist looking for, and finding, a doormat to wipe her feet on.

As I've said before, if Maki were a sub discovering and getting off on her kink, that would be one thing--more power to her. But she just seems like she's too stupid and oblivious to realize that the proper response when somebody slaps you in the face is **not ** to apologize to them.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The interesting thing is that Maki is a top, and the only time Liz showed any actual interest in her was in chapter 2 when Maki was all assertive and behaving like the top she is. Everything went downhill when she started letting Liz walk all over her.

As I said before, Liz is a sub and a masochist on top of that. Put her on a leash and show her who's boss and she'll love you forever.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 12:36AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

I think it's really interesting how people can hate this series so much yet still come here to complain about it at every new chapter.

I loved this chapter. Yes, Liz did screw up, but I can see this being an important part of her character development. I mean, she was treating Maki a bit like trash, but after this chapter Liz probably realized that she loved her. And also that she's not a good person herself.

Anyway, great stuff :3

Sniff I'm so happy I'm not the only one who loves this manga. Frankly, reading the comments so far, you'd say everyone and their uncle came here just to tell the world how much they hate the story.

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

And then we find that behind that mysterious, sexy facade is a badly damaged, immature narcissist looking for, and finding, a doormat to wipe her feet on.

As I've said before, if Maki were a sub discovering and getting off on her kink, that would be one thing--more power to her. But she just seems like she's too stupid and oblivious to realize that the proper response when somebody slaps you in the face is **not ** to apologize to them.

And its all Liz's fault!!!

joined Feb 10, 2020

With that last page, quoting "relationship between two women will never last", do you guys think that Liz is setting herself up for self sabotage? Consider she still retains some sort of trauma or belief set by her senpai back from the ol' days, in high school.

That would also explain why Liz has herself guarded off emotionally toward Maki, setting those rules in her favour and somewhat looking down upon Maki (gives hardly any respect or as equals). She doesn't want to see Maki as an equal nor wants to be emotionally available due to being afraid if she were to lay all her cards on the table, she would once again experience the "wall" (f/f relationship not lasting) that her senpai once mentioned. She would be an absolute wreck, if the relationship doesn't turn out positively between her and Maki.

But either way, Liz will have to suffer the consequences of her actions with this latest chapter. As frustrating as it is to see the characters and their actions, I'm keen for the future chapters and see what angsty storyline it'll being up.

Cheers.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 1:13AM

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I think it's really interesting how people can hate this series so much yet still come here to complain about it at every new chapter.

I loved this chapter. Yes, Liz did screw up, but I can see this being an important part of her character development. I mean, she was treating Maki a bit like trash, but after this chapter Liz probably realized that she loved her. And also that she's not a good person herself.

Anyway, great stuff :3

For the record, I don’t hate it, not at all. I like certain aspects of it, and I’m just hoping Maki proves to not be a doormat in the end.

I’m really just waiting for the two mc’s to reach that point of change. This chapter might be that for Liz, we’ll have to see I suppose. It’s one of the few stories I’ve read where I’m not 100% rooting for or against the main pair.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

With that last page, quoting "relationship between two women will never last", do you guys think that Liz is setting herself up for self sabotage? Consider she still retains some sort of trauma or belief set by her senpai back from the ol' days, in high school.

She already cheated. What else would she have to do to "self sabotage"? Unless Maki have a kink for getting cucked, Liz already ruined their relationship.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 1:10AM

joined Feb 10, 2020

She already cheated. What else would she have to do to "self sabotage"? Unless Maki have a kink for getting cucked, Liz already ruined their relationship.

Sorry, I reupdated my previous post with more stuff.

But majority of you guys keep quoting that, "she cheated! She cheated!" But I did not see at any point in the story that Liz and Maki confirm that they're in an 'exclusive relationship', nor that they are now dating each other. It seems more like an ambiguous relationship with set rules, and Maki going along with Liz.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

But majority of you guys keep quoting that, "she cheated! She cheated!" But I did not see at any point in the story that Liz and Maki confirm that they're in an 'exclusive relationship'

Romantic relationships are generally exclusive. That's the norm, specially in Japan. So unless there's a specific mention suggesting otherwise, I think we can safely conclude it was supposed to be exclusive. And the fact that Liz herself said "I'm the worst" further confirms that what she did was a betrayal towards Maki and she knows it.

I just hope Maki finds out so we can see some real consequence from Liz's actions. The writing has been pretty shitty lately but if Maki finds out and reacts like a normal human being, then I'll forgive it.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 1:40AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man, that toilet just keeps on overflowing and overflowing
Mind the brown tide

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Maki should just run away from Liz and all her bullshit. It's not worth it.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

But majority of you guys keep quoting that, "she cheated! She cheated!" But I did not see at any point in the story that Liz and Maki confirm that they're in an 'exclusive relationship'

Romantic relationships are generally exclusive. That's the norm, specially in Japan. So unless there's a specific mention suggesting otherwise, I think we can safely conclude it was supposed to be exclusive.

Mmm nope. You can't just make blanket generalizations like that.

"Something works generally in a certain way" ==> "That's the norm everyone must adhere to" is bad, flawed logic.

And the fact that Liz herself said "I'm the worst" further confirms that what she did was a betrayal towards Maki and she knows it.

Liz seems to feel that her actions could hurt Maki, that's for sure. Doesn't mean it's a breach of contract.

But I do agree that she obviously regrets what she did.

I just hope Maki finds out so we can see some real consequence from Liz's actions.

That depends on Maki's reaction if/when she finds out. And Maki's reaction is anyone's guess. I, for one, won't make any predictions.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Mmm nope. You can't just make blanket generalizations like that. "Something works generally in a certain way" ==> "That's the norm everyone must adhere to" is bad, flawed logic.

You should consider this was written from a Japanese mindset for Japanese readers. In the Western world there is a tendency to not make assumptions or generalizations about a lot of stuff, but that's a Western thing. The Japanese are not like that. Unless said otherwise, the fact that their relationship is exclusive is a given, for the readers and also for the characters themselves.

Liz seems to feel that her actions could hurt Maki, that's for sure. Doesn't mean it's a breach of contract.

There's no need for a contract. When you cheat on your girlfriend, it stands to reason you did something wrong and they're gonna be hurt if they find out. And yes, Liz consider Maki her girlfriend. In chapter 11 when Liz was looking at Maki's message on her phone and her senpai asked "is that your girlfriend?" Liz didn't deny it.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 2:30AM

joined Dec 3, 2018

Well, I don't see anyone else having problems understanding what was going on, so....

Yeah, cause its just another brown turd on top of the shit pile that is this manga. Plenty of other crap to complain about than focus on poor continuity in the art.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I like the part where she realizes that she is the worst. Can't wait when she continues to be an asshole to doormatt-san in the next chapter, because she feels bad. D:

Fireshot%20screen%20capture%20%23073%20-%20'vol_%201%20ch_%201%20(even%20if%20it%20was%20just%20once,%20i%20regret%20it)%20-%20mangadex'%20-%20mangadex_org_chapter_689420_11%20-%20copy
joined May 6, 2018

I can't wait to see the discussion here turning into something like that of Netsuzou Trap...
Really looking forward to the new chapters myself

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I like the part where she realizes that she is the worst. Can't wait when she continues to be an asshole to doormatt-san in the next chapter, because she feels bad. D:

Right—maybe she’ll be so ashamed and guilty at what she’s done that she’ll put Maki in the hospital.

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

Mannnn poor Maki =_= She's being so sweet and has no clue what shiz just went down... Keen to see what happens next!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

doormat-chan gets what she deserves.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I must remember that this wild ride is from Tomoko Kuroki's VA and is her first work.

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Somewhere deep down I hoped this won't led to this...
And now I am dissaponted for nex xxx months.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 8:29AM

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I'm starting to get tired of the drama...

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I just realized the only sex scene in this manga is the MC getting cucked. lol

Terrific job, Momono Moto. You really know what's up.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 10:02AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Mmm nope. You can't just make blanket generalizations like that.

"Something works generally in a certain way" ==> "That's the norm everyone must adhere to" is bad, flawed logic.

You should consider this was written from a Japanese mindset for Japanese readers. In the Western world there is a tendency to not make assumptions or generalizations about a lot of stuff, but that's a Western thing. The Japanese are not like that.

I'm all for cultural specificity. I often write myself that Japan is not the West, and that you can't judge Japanese stories or characters by Western moral parameters. I've been in many a debate because of that.

But logic? Nope, there are no cultural variants in logic. Reason and logic are universal.

There's no need for a contract.

This is not a question of need or lack thereof. They have a contract. Perchance you forgot?

To reply you must either login or sign up.