Forum › The End Of The World And A Witch's Love discussion

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Three chapters in and this manga is still really good. I hope it's popular in Japan so the story can continue.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I like this.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, that was certainly unexpected

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Alice...in wonderland? Kinda surprising the three of them straight up wanted Mari gone forever. Didn't quite expect such a drastic decision!

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

God damnit Fou!

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Well............ Ok.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Summoning a demon who bannishes your classmates to hell. So is that like a week's detention?

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 1:48AM

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

This was quite the odd chapter

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

A black portal opened up under her feet, and the girl who loves her dives in to follow and save her. I hope it won't lead to a trippy trip as in Suicide Parabellum :))

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

The demon just made the temp. rise!

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I wouldn't mine that demon taking my virgini- uhhh soul.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Karretch posted:

My hypothesis is this cliffhanger is where the "end of the world" bit comes in, teleported not just a distance away but a time away, aka the future, where this demon has destroyed/enslaved the world.

I wouldn't mind being that demon's slave, just sayin'

I would die to become her play thing.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

What the fuck is going on

joined Apr 20, 2013

WOW!
That escalated quickly! And that demon cat is hot as well!

joined Jun 12, 2019

Can’t she fall in love and keep her powers come on.. then it wouldn’t make it more interesting I guess. Either way I hope this has a happy ending. The demon is hot

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

sanastaeil posted:

Can’t she fall in love and keep her powers come on.. then it wouldn’t make it more interesting I guess. Either way I hope this has a happy ending. The demon is hot

Well if they were to fall for a normal human, they wouldn't want to contribute to their demise.........whenever that's suppose to happen.

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 1:15PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

I think it is a fair assumption that they'll need Mari's power to escape from wherever they end up. Alice is strong and has mastery over most common spells, but that did not look like a common spell. Mari seems to be able to use some very high level magic (conditionally, maybe? it was activated by strong emotion in the case of the frog I think).

Mari seems like she's one of those 'very powerful but has no real control over those powers' characters. Getting home for them from wherever they end up could be as simple as Mari feeling homesick and wishing to go back to the school (though I doubt either of them will realize that).

You know, wouldn't it be a neat twist if magical ability with a full range of emotions was insanely powerful, and because of this, the witches have been purposefully left this way? The dead hearts and inability to use magic while in love could be a two-part system to limit witches from reaching their full potential and outstripping humanity. We know that the witches pledged fealty to different nations, so it wouldn't surprise me if this was a condition of their loyalty.

Mari in that hypothesis would be a witch who somehow was left out of this, discovered by the academy, and now they want to learn how she's so powerful in order to eclipse their masters.

Main problem with my theory is that they have to be unaware of the downsides of the dead heart thing for this to be possible. Alice did seem to know about both restrictions, but maybe she was taught that this was just a fact of nature with no exceptions.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I want those 3 girls fucking dead :D or turned into frogs...

Considering the demon may be turned into mice may be more fitting?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

The end of this chapter is very similar to Muted in Webtoons, if anyone knows about it.

I think Alice is developing feelings a bit too fast, especially for someone as cold as her. Also I agree, that demon was hot lol, but her cat form didn't make me take her as a serious threat.

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 8:38PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

The end of this chapter is very similar to Muted in Webtoons, if anyone knows about it.

Fortunately, there's no Athalie in this manga. She's scarier than any demon.

I think Alice is developing feelings a bit too fast, especially for someone as cold as her.

That's not unheard of, though.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Summoning a demon who bannishes your classmates to hell. So is that like a week's detention?

Pfft I can see it
The teacher finds that those three girls summoned demons to harm their classmates, and scolds them:
"Bad witches! Very bad witches! You will be sent to bed without dinner!"

Btw I don't understand AT ALL what's the meaning of all the weird stuff the cat demon said. She asked if they were witches, if they knew her name (she didn't get any answer), then she said "Perhaps if you were my slaves, have you forgotten?" (huuuh??? forgotten what!!??), then she said to someone "You have come to know your role..." (not even sure to whom she was speaking ^^;;;), then she turned into a sexy woman and banished Mari (and Alice). All this sounds like total gibberish to me.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

In my humble opinion, I think this demon is somehow a high class demon that wasn't supposed to show up there, a being that shouldn't be given orders but instead you give offerings... I bet she expect the witches to give their souls to her for all eternity, with one look this demon can see the very nature of each witch, she saw that the protagonist is "tainted" and that the crazy bitch doesn't know her place or what she's doing (I even dare to say that with one look, she even knew her lineage and powers so she laughs).

ANYWAY in short, we are not supposed to understand, because the kids clearly don't know with who they're dealing with and the risk.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 12:27AM

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

In my humble opinion, I think this demon is somehow a high class demon that wasn't supposed to show up there, a being that shouldn't be given orders but instead you give offerings... I bet she expect the witches to give their souls to her for all eternity, with one look this demon can see the very nature of each witch, she saw that the protagonist is "tainted" and that the crazy bitch doesn't know her place or what she's doing (I even dare to say that with one look, she even knew her lineage and powers so she laughs).

ANYWAY in short, we are not supposed to understand, because the kids clearly don't know with who they're dealing with and the risk.

Oh that's a pretty good theory, I think it holds water.
But, if the demon really is that powerful, everyone at the academy will be in trouble now. And Mari & Alice are not there anymore to do their MC thing and pull an amazing attack combining their powers to beat the demon and save everyone! Taihen desu! :))
Hm, but the summoning circle is still unbroken, so perhaps the academy'll be ok?

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Well, that was a dang hot cat-demon.

Question when is the next chapter going to be?
The reason am asking is because I don't know if this series is a monthly or bimonthly,
Or if their are already chapter's out & not translated yet.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 12:24PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.