Forum › Tsuki to Suppin discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well guess I'll be one of the only people here to finish this manga. I enjoy the mundane and ever so slightly surreal vibe I get from this slice of life romance. I thought these two new chapters were cute, and I like their relationship. Some people were saying how they'd never date someone like Shiho, which sure you have your preferences, but I think that's kind of sad in a way. You can't choose who you fall in love with, and in my opinion someone like Shiho is an endearing dork in her own way.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

what a black hole of a character...

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

The characters are flat.
Shiho has her own thing going, but it looks like it doesn't even matter, it doesn't develop the whole thing like something importat for the character, it feels grey.
Yea, it's cute and all, but that's it, even tho i'm a sucker for a couple with completely opposite auras, i can't see the appeal...
(And hey everyone could see how weird Shiho is, we all know this type of character, since it's a really common premise, you need to create something that stands out, but uh... there's no... such a thing here? Same for Akari k)

last edited at Dec 13, 2019 7:08PM

joined Mar 29, 2019

So she's like dating a girl who can't properly express herself? That must be hard. Have yet to see the appeal of this one, but I like that their relationship is honest and difficult.

Caf17338-61fd-484a-9549-c799f3691222
joined May 29, 2011

Well guess I'll be one of the only people here to finish this manga. I enjoy the mundane and ever so slightly surreal vibe I get from this slice of life romance. I thought these two new chapters were cute, and I like their relationship. Some people were saying how they'd never date someone like Shiho, which sure you have your preferences, but I think that's kind of sad in a way. You can't choose who you fall in love with, and in my opinion someone like Shiho is an endearing dork in her own way.

I really like this one too so I’ve been looking forward to the updates. It’s nice, stately pace; a welcome departure from the overly dramatic yuri.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I really like this one too so I’ve been looking forward to the updates. It’s nice, stately pace; a welcome departure from the overly dramatic yuri.

Glad I'm not the only one. I will gladly read this to.the end

joined Sep 13, 2018

Honestly this is really cute. I really read Shiho as probably being depressed at the very least, so I feel like it's good that she's got Akari to help pull her up and out some. Even still, I don't see how y'all don't see Shiho as absolutely adorable in spite of what seems like difficulties on her end one way or another. Right from the get go, there's an emphasis that Shiho genuinely pushes herself to make happy memories with Akari and listens to her plenty. It's a nice reciprocal relationship of two women that are pretty contrasting. Nothing too extreme or dramatic as others have pointed out, but it's pleasant and cute.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Honestly this is really cute. I really read Shiho as probably being depressed at the very least, so I feel like it's good that she's got Akari to help pull her up and out some. Even still, I don't see how y'all don't see Shiho as absolutely adorable in spite of what seems like difficulties on her end one way or another. Right from the get go, there's an emphasis that Shiho genuinely pushes herself to make happy memories with Akari and listens to her plenty. It's a nice reciprocal relationship of two women that are pretty contrasting. Nothing too extreme or dramatic as others have pointed out, but it's pleasant and cute.

Yes she pushes her self for the sake of their relationship, but assuming she has depression or something along those lines, such is the woe of depression and socializing with even loved ones unfortunately. However she pushes herself because she cares so much about Akari, and that is in it's own way adorable and endearing, in my opinion. Their relationship is wholesome in my eyes, and she only pushes herself because it's worth making that effort for the person she loves.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

"We'll stop by my favorite donut shop, and then..."

I sure hope the rest is "...go home and screw like crazed weasels"

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I hope they do another flashback. I'd really like to see how these two ended up getting together.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I enjoy reading it cause it’s yuri, but I could never date a girl like Shiho irl. I like chill girls but not someone who’s so monotonous. But again, to each their own. Would you guys actually date someone like Shiho?

Ab.so.lut.ely.
If I could get the sense that said girl actually wanted me around.(i might mistake her being quite for disinterest) It would be like dating myself. lol.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 10:58AM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Not the extent of Shiho, I do laugh a lot about jokes and the like, but people have been telling me for a very long time that I don't really show my happiness or emotions on my face in general really, at least not most of the time.
I do feel happiness and I am grateful and I love m friends and family.. but my emotions don't always translate to my face.
I've gotten better at meeting peoples' expectations over time. When I was younger people would tell me that I was just saying I'm happy about presents or good grades but didn't mean it, which hurt me since I did. It wasn't like these things didn't mean anything to me, as some people were saying about me. I wasn't even aware that it came across the way it did. I thought:"I smiled and said thank you so I'm sure they will see that I am really happy!". But when I would tell people how I honestly felt in words later they would act surprised and responded they hadn't known or would accuse me of lying to make them feel better.
I don't have autism by the way, I am diagnosed with ADHD, but no autism here.
I am clumpsy with showing emotions to this day through body language and facial expressions a lot of the time, and that's probably going to stay that way, even though I've kind of gotten a little better?. It's just.. kind of the way I am I guess.
I know I'm not the same as Shiho, but maybe that's why I don't think of her as dull at all, because I can identify with her just a little bit.

I don't get why people think she has autism. Some of just don't emote all that much. I spent decades not wanting people to know if I was happy or not. I just didn't see how it was anyone's business but my own. I was tested for autism since three of my siblings have it. I don't have it.

Some people actually have faces that, when in the most relaxed state, look to others like they are unhappy. The unflattering term for it is . . . resting b**ch face.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 5:49PM

Img_20190212_165136_mr1549986775670
joined Dec 13, 2015

Not the extent of Shiho, I do laugh a lot about jokes and the like, but people have been telling me for a very long time that I don't really show my happiness or emotions on my face in general really, at least not most of the time.
I do feel happiness and I am grateful and I love m friends and family.. but my emotions don't always translate to my face.
I've gotten better at meeting peoples' expectations over time. When I was younger people would tell me that I was just saying I'm happy about presents or good grades but didn't mean it, which hurt me since I did. It wasn't like these things didn't mean anything to me, as some people were saying about me. I wasn't even aware that it came across the way it did. I thought:"I smiled and said thank you so I'm sure they will see that I am really happy!". But when I would tell people how I honestly felt in words later they would act surprised and responded they hadn't known or would accuse me of lying to make them feel better.
I don't have autism by the way, I am diagnosed with ADHD, but no autism here.
I am clumpsy with showing emotions to this day through body language and facial expressions a lot of the time, and that's probably going to stay that way, even though I've kind of gotten a little better?. It's just.. kind of the way I am I guess.
I know I'm not the same as Shiho, but maybe that's why I don't think of her as dull at all, because I can identify with her just a little bit.

I don't get why people think she has autism. Some of just don't emote all that much. I spent decades not wanting people to know if I was happy or not. I just didn't see how it was anyone's business but my own. I was tested for autism since three of my siblings have it. I don't have it.

Some people actually have faces that, when in the most relaxed state, look to others like they are unhappy. The unflattering term for it is . . . resting b**ch face.

Yeah I don't really get it either. Just because you don't really show your emotions on your face, doesn't mean you have autism. There are a lot of reasons why someone might not show their emotions on the outside too much. Some don't really want people to know, some like to smile more to themselves, and some just don't see the point in it.
That doesn't automatically mean that you are autistic or have any other kind of mental illness, it's about self-expression.

And it's true, when my face is completely relaxed people have asked me what's annoying me lol

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 6:06PM

never wheat shredded eat
joined Aug 21, 2019

bread

joined Oct 13, 2014

she reminds me of daria

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

My case is that High School and college got really hectic and stressful for me so to cope up with my fast paced days I had to cut interactions with people to a minimum.
As I result I have developed a very monotonous composure, I don't really react much to stimulus and I am not animated most of the time.
Aside from a few real close friends, I have to try and act animated and put in efforts to seem lively and not unhappy so that other people are not bothered, and start assuming I'm not happy - which is the one thing that actually makes me sad

TL;DR - developed stone face because of stressful educational environments, have to act hyper to seem normal

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Souka.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

minor error in ch 10, pg 3 was fixed https://mega.nz/#F!AV8zGaAA!QT4Ms1SMEyzCcri1qfVzBA

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I too like the relaxed feel. Even when Shiho is exhausted she wants to see Akari. Personally just being around someone with that happy vibe gives me warm and fuzzies. The bit with the lavender ice cream and holding hands wearing the yukata shows Shiho's inner feelings. Even if she looks expressionless.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Is there a Kuudere tag? Because there needs to be one. If there are more characters like Shiho in manga on here, I'd like to have an easy way to find them.

last edited at Jan 14, 2020 4:08PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I always feel like little flowers should just pop up in the background when Shiho is speaking.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I have the tankobon and this is soooo beautiful ♥♥♥

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Really love the relaxed vibe of this manga but I like "boring" slice of life soooo. I don't agree with the others saying shiho is autistic as she's actually pretty good at noticing when akari isnt feeling well. Ch9 really shows that. She's just tired from pulling all nighters for work ( ´◡‿ゝ◡`)

Come now, this is the internet, we can diagnose people with whatever the fuck we want and always be right

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I hope the parents don't find out that she's actually a t-shirt maniac... like she falls and her suitcase opens up with all the shirts and she's like "t-this isn't what it looks like...!"

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I hope the parents don't find out that she's actually a t-shirt maniac... like she falls and her suitcase opens up with all the shirts and she's like "t-this isn't what it looks like...!"

"I just really like to support charity by browsing TheYetee during GDQ marathons!"

To reply you must either login or sign up.