Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

It hurts so good please I need MORE thank you Detectives

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

If all life is cliché than why some people are complaining when someone use this word, lol. But, I want to share my feelings about it. For example this cliché ”I love you and I don’t care if you girl or a boy” is used so much, but I’m okay with it even when it not executed very well. But this trope ”my lover ditch me for marriage and baby/for normal life” in yuri must be executed interesting enough for me. It is more serious and dramatic, most of the time, so my demands grow. There are some atrocities with this plot, this manga is just lacking. I agree that mangaka captured some feeling of the MC well, but overall she or he depends too much on same old conveniences, like of course husband is some asshole and of course she is pregnant, of course there are no significant other in MC life - that showed that author can’t write more compelling and nuanced perspective of another party without this tiresome elements. Writing is not so great in it, but I think it will be short so that’s ok.

PS Right, Gunjou! It's was very interesting and refreshing for me.

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 11:10PM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

gettin spicy. they're all idiots. reminds me a bit of Even Though We're Adults. another comic full of idiots. the art in this is great though.

joined May 1, 2013

This manga is weird. It's like a challenge: What would believable, complicated characters do if they were in a hoary old yuri trope?

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

So we're not authorized to criticize ? "Even thought we're adults" have prove that the husband doesn't necesserly had not be a dick, neither we need one of the MC to be pregnant. I personally think that making the husband an asshole is a cheap way tomake the yuri easier.

So are we not authorized to criticize someones poorly thought out critique? I personally think nit picking such a trivial detail is just a cheap way to criticize a narrative that makes some people uncomfortable.

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 11:13PM

joined May 7, 2017

what a fu*** up story, f*** me!

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

So are we not authorized to criticize someones poorly thought out critique? I personally think nit picking such a trivial detail is just a cheap way to criticize a narrative that makes some people uncomfortable.

Of course you can and it is interesting, but some people basically said: oh, shut up or you can’t use this word until you prove me that you truly worth it. Is it critic? I just express my personal view based on my reading experience and all I see: “you choose wrong words for it” critic. Maybe I am, because it’s not my native language, but I do have similar to a t word in my language, so here it is.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

i hope this ends with Midori staying with her abusive husband and child while maki keeps hanging with her while suffering like the cuck she is

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Well at least I don't completely hate Midori anymore

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

My objection to the knee-jerk "it's a cliché!" posts isn't that tropes can't be overused or used badly, but a lot of readers seem to just note the presence of some familiar trope or two, then characterize the story as "boring" or lazily written or otherwise inadequate just because the trope exists, regardless of how it's deployed.

I'll agree my decision to not read this story steams mainly from reading spoilers, which admittedly do not carry any of actual quality of writing, so it presented it as just one of those. That being said, even if I was aware of it, I would still not continue reading it as it's simply not kind of story I feel like reading at the moment, regardless of actual quality.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I spotted a toxic husband...

My advice to Midori: run away!

But life just ain't that simple.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Blastaar posted:

My objection to the knee-jerk "it's a cliché!" posts isn't that tropes can't be overused or used badly, but a lot of readers seem to just note the presence of some familiar trope or two, then characterize the story as "boring" or lazily written or otherwise inadequate just because the trope exists, regardless of how it's deployed.

I'll agree my decision to not read this story steams mainly from reading spoilers, which admittedly do not carry any of actual quality of writing, so it presented it as just one of those. That being said, even if I was aware of it, I would still not continue reading it as it's simply not kind of story I feel like reading at the moment, regardless of actual quality.

This is a most reasonable and unobjectionable position. However, should Dynasty readers universally adopt this practice of not reading stories that are the kind of stories they don't like to read, . . . something really, really terrible will happen.

Apparently.

Alex
joined Jan 23, 2017

THIS IS AWFUL, PLS MAKI GRAB THAT GIRL AND RUN AWAY FROM THAT DICK HEAD

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

However, should Dynasty readers universally adopt this practice of not reading stories that are the kind of stories they don't like to read, . . . something really, really terrible will happen.

Tell me about it >.>

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Well, this is funny.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I spotted a toxic husband...

My advice to Midori: run away!

But life just ain't that simple.

Yeap. One look at Midori and you realize she's a mess, crumbling under all sorts of societal pressures and unable to figure what it is that she really wants.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Eagerly waiting for the next chapters. I've heard, in Japan, there are a dozen out already.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Blastaar posted:

posting under a story you haven't read and do not plan on reading

lol couldn't be me fam

last edited at Dec 20, 2019 6:58AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Oneplusoneequalstwo posted:

Blastaar posted:

lol couldn't be me fam

Lol did someone posted that and then deleted it? To answer that person, I read first chapter. Didn't like where it was going. People posted spoilers. I read them and it convinced me that indeed it's not a story I want to continue reading. Commenting under story where I read 1 chapter out of 2 available surely isn't unreasonable? Especially when commenting about bigger trend?

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Midori is the absolute filth holy shit, I can't bring any sympathy for her

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oneplusoneequalstwo posted:

Blastaar posted:

lol couldn't be me fam

Lol did someone posted that and then deleted it? To answer that person, I read first chapter. Didn't like where it was going. People posted spoilers. I read them and it convinced me that indeed it's not a story I want to continue reading. Commenting under story where I read 1 chapter out of 2 available surely isn't unreasonable? Especially when commenting about bigger trend?

Just chiming in to say: I have no problem with commenting after reading 1 of 2 chapters AND (for the historical record) that Blastaar posted appears over nothing that I actually posted.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

^ Clearly someone was responding to what I wrote, but for some reason they didn't delete entire quote part, so it's leftover of my post. Unless it's some (poor) roundabout way to frame you as being the one posting it.

joined Mar 29, 2019

Desperate and cool.

joined Mar 29, 2019

Eagerly waiting for the next chapters. I've heard, in Japan, there are a dozen out already.

Ooooh really? Can't wait.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

Yikes

To reply you must either login or sign up.