Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Aki to Himari: shit or get off the pot, kid

And I thought those r/rareinsults videos I watched during lunch would be the most hilarious thing I've seen today. Your post just threw them all out the window! ...Prague-style!

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 9:13AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

In shoujo manga, girls that don't give a definite answer when confessed to and leave the other person in a limbo (can't be lovers, can't move on, can only wait and wait) are generally considered to be the ABSOLUTE WORST.

Aki is on solid ground with her challenge to Himari.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Aki to Himari: shit or get off the pot, kid

And I thought those r/rareinsults videos I watched during lunch would be the most hilarious thing I've seen today. Your post just threw them all out the window! ...Prague-style!

Meme references? I'm a 30-y-o Boomer dang it.

Haven't Akki and Yori known each other forever? Why is it only now that Akki wants to make a move?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Haven't Akki and Yori known each other forever? Why is it only now that Akki wants to make a move?

I don't think so, in the extra Aki indirectly said it was love at first sight with Yori, here and here and from what i can see from the uniform, it was probably during her first year since it's the same Himari had. So given Yori and Aki are in 3rd year(Miki said she is in classe 3-A so i'm supossing they're 3rd year), they know each other at least for 2 years.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Meme references? I'm a 30-y-o Boomer dang it.

r/rareinsults is kinda related to meme, so it may pass or not, depending on what one counts and doesn't count as a meme

The Prague part definitely isn't a meme reference, but rather a humorous way to reference three events from history (the second one, I'll admit, I haven't even heard of before checking to link them here).

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 2:25PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In shoujo manga, girls that don't give a definite answer when confessed to and leave the other person in a limbo (can't be lovers, can't move on, can only wait and wait) are generally considered to be the ABSOLUTE WORST.

Aki is on solid ground with her challenge to Himari.

Himari is being pretty stand-up about her indecision, though. She's not hiding anything, and she's truly concerned for Yori's emotional health and for their future relationship. There's none of this "but we're both girls" or "what would people think?" bullshit. She's far from being the ABSOLUTE WORST.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Lol she's lucky she is in a yuri manga, not a shoujo manga... coz in a shoujo manga the Evil Clique of Yori Fangirls would've already cornered her in some empty classroom and roughed her up for stringing Yori along... ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lol she's lucky she is in a yuri manga, not a shoujo manga... coz in a shoujo manga the Evil Clique of Yori Fangirls would've already cornered her in some empty classroom and roughed her up for stringing Yori along... ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

And it's those fangirls who are the real absolute worst.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Mebbe that's why they are the Evil Clique?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Mebbe that's why they are the Evil Clique?

Natch! ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^ )

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Everyone knows the real worst characters in shoujo manga are the male characters.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Everyone knows the real worst characters in shoujo manga are the male characters.

I lol'ed at that one.

You see, I know it, and you know it, yeah -- but the MC girls in shoujo manga tend to be tragically ignorant of that little fact.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I rarely pull for the third wheel, but I like Aki's self assuredness. *sighs* (definitely not happening)

Also, Yori's conundrum is a little ridiculous to me. She wants the girl to like her in a romantic way -- she doesn't (or hasn't said so) theoretically because she's straight, so how can random be a threat? Or is this just mild possessiveness? I hope the one pep talk (by with awesome friend Aki) got her out of that random rut.

last edited at Dec 8, 2019 2:03PM

joined Apr 20, 2013

I know what you're doing, Aki, and I do really hope you get someone better than Yori. :(

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 10:49PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

Tbh, I'd rather see Aki and Yori together than Himari and Yori.

I second this motion!

I don't know how anyone can even see this as a reasonable possibility. Also Aki has like zero good features. She's a tease is all.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Twist: Himari actually falls in love with her club senpai, who starts to reciprocate even as she tries to hook her up with Yori.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Twist: Himari actually falls in love with her club senpai, who starts to reciprocate even as she tries to hook her up with Yori.

Pls not that. Anything but that.

EDIT:
OK, I was a bit overdramaticizing what I was actually thinking with this second sentence, but I'm not gonna edit said sentence or delete it because reasons. All in all, it's not really what I meant, and I wouldn't describe my oposition to the notion as hating that notion, but it'll stay in the post for literary purposes.
I will always stay true to shipping Yori and Himari.

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 1:26PM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Tbh, I'd rather see Aki and Yori together than Himari and Yori.

I second this motion!

I only want to see Aki succeed because I like her more and she's more sure of her feelings instead of dragging Yori around xD

joined Jul 26, 2019

Your logical is too easy ….With you the story and the manga would already be over …
Moreover you must not forget one thing in relation to your preferences even if aki is a beautiful and honest person, yori has fallen completely in love with himari, and his feelings cannot be swayed by the wind.

last edited at Feb 6, 2020 8:24AM

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Aki is being so reasonable about all of this. It makes it sad that she's got no prospects outside of Yori. She's like the pinnacle of the "suffering best friend" character.

Also, I really want to dig more into the club sempai.

joined Feb 23, 2016

i have so much to say, but my mind is blank

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Damn sweet Aki.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Fluffy cooking senpai best senpai.

Also, if I were Himari's friend I would confront my sister like WTF did you do to my friend >:( ?! it wouldn't surprise if they really fight after that.

Himari: For some reason strange reason, I really want to see Yori senpai.
Also Himari: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I'm not really a fan of the answer Himari received from her sempai. It may be a form of love, but that is not the form of love Yori is looking for from Himari.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm sorry to find the logic of the cooking senpai a bit too easy. She has a point yes but simply said that she love Yori just because she want to cook for her don't do tome. I'm feeling bad for Aki, girl has clearly throw an empty threat because Yori has clearly not feelings for her and she can't really do anything more than confort her as a friend.Imagine your crush being in love with someone else but that someone else is fidgetting and delay the answer because she is not sure for her feelings. Yori is very patient and very nice to HImari to not have stop that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.