Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

joined Feb 23, 2016

Didn’t i read this already?

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

It's time for the cultural festival. There's hotness... The two formerly useless ones get a chance to walk around the festival together after their shift with the class project is over and take the opportunity to sneak into an unused classroom where Nanoka steals a kiss behind a curtain... but someone sees it from the hallway... That someone? Well, we've had the arc with Chidori's senpai that she used to have a crush on... now it's time for Nanoka's senpai from the Basketball team back in the day who she "ADMIRED". Did she crush on her or just admire her as a great player and reliable senpai? Hard to say without translation... but she's the person who saw them kissing AND she's injured her leg and has to take time off the basketball team SO: she's going to become a (hopefully temporary) member of the literature club! She appears to have one of two goals in mind:
1) break up Chidori and Nanoka so she can start dating Nanoka.
2) break up Chidori and Nanoka because girls dating each other is just wrong, but why am I feeling so flushed around Nanoka anyway?
Translation is needed to know her real goals. There are plenty of flashback scenes from her perspective to give us the info when we get there. Eventually, after literally getting in between our protagonists at every opportunity for several chapters, hugging Nanoka out of the blue, joining them on what appears to be a date that they were planing on taking together, etc... ALL with Nanoka being especially oblivious to what's going on and it's impact on Chidori... the 2nd years are heading off for a class trip and, for some reason, Chidori and the basketball senpai end up alone together and senpai says something about having seen Nanoka naked all the time in the locker room or something like that to totally get inside Chidori's head, because she has noticed by this point that the senpai is paying special attention to her girlfriend. With this weighing on her mind, she says something to Nanoka at the start of the trip (I think she also gets a text from the senpai right before it) that starts their first REALLY BIG fight. As in they go around to places separately... Eventually, they end up meeting up at a particular place and making up in a beautiful scene that I won't spoil... then there's the bath scene... and if you thought they had trouble dealing with the aftermath of the kiss, try the aftermath of THAT... let's just say things happen in the bath and there's more emotional fallout... When they get back, I'm pretty sure the senpai can tell that she's lost though. That's where the last one leaves off.

If memory serves, that girl is Nanoha's kouhai, not senpai.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Chapters 49 to 52 were very shoddily translated to english a few weeks ago, so it's possible you read those. YP version will catch up and surpass those very quickly, so I wouldn't recommend them.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Ha. I knew it. Chidori and Nanoha have been hovering between a love game and the real thing this whole time. That kiss tipped the scales. they're a little freaked, but it's the good kind of freaked, where they realised they truly are in love. Now the real fireworks will fly.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Eh, I wouldn't go that far. The love has always been genuine, but Chidori's previous bad experience has constantly been weighing her down, to the extent that she's always held herself back from telling Nanoha that she loves her, even if the latter has repeatedly been trying to trick her into doing that. Not only was this their first actual kiss, but also the first time Chidori actually said this out loud, even when Nanoha accidentally confessed and they started going out, she only replied with "me too". After Senpai's visit and Nanoha coming to her help, Chidori has finally been mostly released from these subconscious worries, leading to her surprising even herself by taking action at the fireworks.

last edited at Nov 26, 2019 3:35AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

^Eh, I wouldn't go that far. The love has always been genuine, but Chidori's previous bad experience has constantly been weighing her down, to the extent that she's always held herself back from telling Nanoha that she loves her, even if the latter has repeatedly been trying to trick her into doing that. Not only was this their first actual kiss, but also the first time Chidori actually said this out loud, even when Nanoha accidentally confessed and they started going out, she only replied with "me too". After Senpai's visit and Nanoha coming to her help, Chidori has finally been mostly released from these subconscious worries, leading to her surprising even herself by taking action at the fireworks.

Redo: I think you misunderstand. Of course their love is real. I think love game is a bit of a misnomer. It implies that the people involved know it's just a game. I don't think that's true for the most part. It's just inexperienced girls mistaking admiration and close friendship for love. A mistake of youth, in manga speak.
This is just the realisation that holy crap this is REAL real love. Maybe also the moment where it dawns on Chidori and Nanoha that they might want to move into a more... um... physical relationship.

last edited at Nov 26, 2019 5:59AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm sure the attraction, even on a sexual level, has always been there, but they've just never been able to admit it to each other before. I do agree that in a sense this was a moment of awakening, though, especially for Chidori. It certainly may be a realization of real love, but less for her own feelings and more the full recognition that Nanoha truly does love her the way she loves Nanoha, and she's not going to pretend it's nothing like her Senpai did.

last edited at Nov 26, 2019 6:05AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm sure the attraction, even on a sexual level, has always been there, but they've just never been able to admit it to each other before. I do agree that in a sense this was a moment of awakening, though, especially for Chidori. It certainly may be a realization of real love, but less for her own feelings and more the full recognition that Nanoha truly does love her the way she loves Nanoha, and she's not going to pretend it's nothing like her Senpai did.

Actually I don't disagree with anything you just said. I think we just see the same thing, and describe it differently. I've always felt a hesitation in Chidori and Nanoha's relationship. If you look back over this discussion I've gotten into a few, lets say disagreements over it. So that has colored my view of this plot thread. You obviously didn't sense that (Not wrongly. I can't stress that enough.) So, you have a different point of view.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Oh, I do see some hesitation. Specifically, on Chidori's part. As I mentioned before, there's always been her reluctance to actually say that she loves Nanoha. It's not that she didn't actually love her, but after having her heart broken by Igarashi, she seems to have been avoiding this out of a subconscious fear of the same happening again. Glad that that's out of the way now.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Actually I don't disagree with anything you just said. I think we just see the same thing, and describe it differently. I've always felt a hesitation in Chidori and Nanoha's relationship. If you look back over this discussion I've gotten into a few, lets say disagreements over it. So that has colored my view of this plot thread. You obviously didn't sense that (Not wrongly. I can't stress that enough.) So, you have a different point of view.

I’m delighted to see that you’re recovered from what seemed to be a rather serious case of yuri-skepticism.

May your good health continue, my friend!

joined Feb 23, 2016

Chapters 49 to 52 were very shoddily translated to english a few weeks ago, so it's possible you read those. YP version will catch up and surpass those very quickly, so I wouldn't recommend them.

Ahh i see, thanks! I reread them whenthey get here anyways hahaha

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Can you really be that awkward after just a kiss? They won't have sex for years then.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Ah! Her Tale of Shim Cheong shout out! It's so good.

I love the series. It's probably my favourite yuri. I plugged it as many times as I could in the credits pages, though I had a hard time finding fanart for it!

To give a not so brief synopsis of what's to come: (Seriously... if you don't want spoilers, DON'T READ THIS!!!!!!!

For what it's worth, you're pretty off base regarding your predictions.

Oh, I wouldn't doubt that at ALL! I'm just going on the visuals, so it's hard to tell what's going on. I'm seriously looking forward to reading it!

joined Jul 26, 2016

dat Kaede face on the first page tho
"figure ya could be any more transparent sis?"

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

How subtle, what with the furious blushing and all. Chances are their friends knew all along.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

How subtle, what with the furious blushing and all. Chances are their friends knew all along.

Ikr? But this is manga we're talking about, and most of the time (in romance) characters are conveniently extremely dumb

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ikr? But this is manga we're talking about, and most of the time (in romance) characters are conveniently extremely dumb

Still can't rule out the possibility. I do remember a very short bonus chapter, which both left me feeling like they, while not knowing about it for sure, were kinda on it (at least that's the impression I had), AND that left me thinking that those 3 are gay too.
Maybe I should re-read this manga afterall, since I may have misremembered.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I do remember a very short bonus chapter, which both left me feeling like they, while not knowing about it for sure, were kinda on it (at least that's the impression I had), AND that left me thinking that those 3 are gay too.

I know what you're talking about. I think they were talking about getting a bf and one of them said "or a gf" and the other said both is fine these days. The third was a bit more shocked. I think the one with the glasses.
But I don't think they're gay. It felt more like they'd be accepting of Chidori and Nanoha dating

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I'd honestly be disappointed if it wasn't to be revealed the other girls
a) already know about them dating
b) were intentionally playing oblivious because it was so much more fun to see them squirm
and c) were having a betting-pool between them about when the other two finally came out.

I can't read this properly anymore as I started watching Nanoha the other day (I'm only up to episode 2 strikers so please don't spoil me lol) and can't see the name Nanoha like I used to

joined Sep 1, 2017

I’m delighted to see that you’re recovered from what seemed to be a rather serious case of yuri-skepticism.

May your good health continue, my friend!

Not so fast there. I still have a massive case of yuri-skepticism. It's my defence mechanism to protect me from my over sensative yuri-goggles. You're bound for endless disappointment, if you see yuri in every girl/girl interaction.

joined Feb 23, 2016

This is good and i finally got to read all the raws too so i’m glad that my japanese reading is still good in some ways:D

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'd honestly be disappointed if it wasn't to be revealed the other girls
a) already know about them dating
b) were intentionally playing oblivious because it was so much more fun to see them squirm
and c) were having a betting-pool between them about when the other two finally came out.

I think they didn't actually know before. There were too many scenes where one of them would've brought it up or acted differently if they'd known. However, I'm pretty sure at least one of them knows now.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Their smiles gives me life.

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Gotta love that lewd shoulder pressing

To reply you must either login or sign up.