Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

What was that buzzing sound at the beggining?

Cicadas! The author uses three different sound effects that are all supposed to represent what most english speaking people would just describe as buzzing.

But why do they only buzz in Chidori's room? An infestation?

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Was re-reading chapter 47 and noticed ths in panel 3:
afriad -> afraid

Unfortunately, the previous editor hasn't been around for a little while, and I don't have the .psd files to edit it myself. I only started working on this with chapter 49, so any errors of the previous chapters are unlikely to be fixed.

Would this be of any help?
https://i.imgur.com/6ygcUzK.png

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

But why do they only buzz in Chidori's room? An infestation?

Those things are loud, you can hear them wherever. But I wonder if the author is emphasizing the two character's different reactions with the SFX. In Chidori's world, summer is unpleasant heat and buzzing cicadas. In Nanoha's world, summer is bright blue skies and air so clear it sparkles. Perhaps their perceptions are colored by their emotional states.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

That makes sense. Cicadas as the sound of gay panic

joined Jul 26, 2016

Smugface Nanoha and deeply unimpressed Kaede gives me life

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Love the contrast between the two of them.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

I love Smugnoha

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Was re-reading chapter 47 and noticed ths in panel 3:
afriad -> afraid

Unfortunately, the previous editor hasn't been around for a little while, and I don't have the .psd files to edit it myself. I only started working on this with chapter 49, so any errors of the previous chapters are unlikely to be fixed.

Would this be of any help?
https://i.imgur.com/6ygcUzK.png

It is, though I would recommend going to https://safe.yuri-project.net/wakaba.html and posting the updated page in the "Homepage Comments " thread, so Procyon can update it there. For here, I suppose I could figure out how to download the rest of the chapter off dynasty and re-send it to them with the new page.

If you're interested in helping to quality check, you can also head to the same link and go to the Hana ni Arashi thread (should be the first thread when you open the page). There are some chapters there in the quality checking phase.

928a3ea0c80b418b419dea057169d49f476d4ea2_hq
joined Jul 1, 2017

This has become my favorite Yuri manga, so cute

joined Feb 18, 2015

Was that their first kiss? I'm reading so many manga that I get my facts mixed up some times.

Yes, it was their first kiss. They had only held hands before that pretty much. Both of them had THOUGHT about it... a LOT.

I've seen some of the upcoming chapters in another language. Can't read them, but... it was worth looking... (before you ask, there was a post somewhere in this thread with a link I think... I think it was Chinese... and no, I'm not going to discuss what's coming up, just that I'm looking forward to it and want to see what's beyond what I've seen on that sight more than I want to see what I've not been able to read...)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I've seen some of the upcoming chapters in another language. Can't read them, but... it was worth looking... (before you ask, there was a post somewhere in this thread with a link I think... I think it was Chinese... and no, I'm not going to discuss what's coming up, just that I'm looking forward to it and want to see what's beyond what I've seen on that sight more than I want to see what I've not been able to read...)

Could you tell us a bit about what happens next under spoilers? Or the link for the Chinese version?

last edited at Nov 25, 2019 1:35PM

nicee

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Ah! Her Tale of Shim Cheong shout out! It's so good.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Nanoha's realization, that all the things they've done before, was just "stuff that even friends can do" actually had me laughing. That was weirdly meta XD

Nanoha: Sorry, I just spilled a little.
Me: Nope, not yet girl.
Nanoha: *squeezes herself next to Chidori, full-body-contact*
Me: ...now you did. >.>

joined Feb 18, 2015

Nanoha's realization, that all the things they've done before, was just "stuff that even friends can do" actually had me laughing. That was weirdly meta XD

Nanoha: Sorry, I just spilled a little.
Me: Nope, not yet girl.
Nanoha: *squeezes herself next to Chidori, full-body-contact*
Me: ...now you did. >.>

LOL! Exactly!

Could you tell us a bit about what happens next under spoilers? Or the link for the Chinese version?

Well... I went back and found the link, and I'm glad I did, because it goes further than it did before:

http://www.manhuaren.com/manhua-haoshiduomo/

To give a not so brief synopsis of what's to come: (Seriously... if you don't want spoilers, DON'T READ THIS!!!!!!!

It's time for the cultural festival. There's hotness... The two formerly useless ones get a chance to walk around the festival together after their shift with the class project is over and take the opportunity to sneak into an unused classroom where Nanoka steals a kiss behind a curtain... but someone sees it from the hallway... That someone? Well, we've had the arc with Chidori's senpai that she used to have a crush on... now it's time for Nanoka's senpai from the Basketball team back in the day who she "ADMIRED". Did she crush on her or just admire her as a great player and reliable senpai? Hard to say without translation... but she's the person who saw them kissing AND she's injured her leg and has to take time off the basketball team SO: she's going to become a (hopefully temporary) member of the literature club! She appears to have one of two goals in mind:
1) break up Chidori and Nanoka so she can start dating Nanoka.
2) break up Chidori and Nanoka because girls dating each other is just wrong, but why am I feeling so flushed around Nanoka anyway?
Translation is needed to know her real goals. There are plenty of flashback scenes from her perspective to give us the info when we get there. Eventually, after literally getting in between our protagonists at every opportunity for several chapters, hugging Nanoka out of the blue, joining them on what appears to be a date that they were planing on taking together, etc... ALL with Nanoka being especially oblivious to what's going on and it's impact on Chidori... the 2nd years are heading off for a class trip and, for some reason, Chidori and the basketball senpai end up alone together and senpai says something about having seen Nanoka naked all the time in the locker room or something like that to totally get inside Chidori's head, because she has noticed by this point that the senpai is paying special attention to her girlfriend. With this weighing on her mind, she says something to Nanoka at the start of the trip (I think she also gets a text from the senpai right before it) that starts their first REALLY BIG fight. As in they go around to places separately... Eventually, they end up meeting up at a particular place and making up in a beautiful scene that I won't spoil... then there's the bath scene... and if you thought they had trouble dealing with the aftermath of the kiss, try the aftermath of THAT... let's just say things happen in the bath and there's more emotional fallout... When they get back, I'm pretty sure the senpai can tell that she's lost though. That's where the last one leaves off.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Chidori needs to master the fine art of masturbation, or the poor girl’s gonna asplode.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I'm dying, I need some air.
I'm not okay, they are so cute.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Chidori needs to master the fine art of masturbation, or the poor girl’s gonna asplode.

OK, can someone remind me when did I start liking lewd humour?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

@zensunni Thanks!!

Eventually, they end up meeting up at a particular place and making up in a beautiful scene that I won't spoil... then there's the bath scene... and if you thought they had trouble dealing with the aftermath of the kiss, try the aftermath of THAT... let's just say things happen in the bath and there's more emotional fallout... When they get back, I'm pretty sure the senpai can tell that she's lost though. That's where the last one leaves off.

Wow can't wait to read that xD

last edited at Nov 25, 2019 6:19PM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

@zensunni Thanks!!

Eventually, they end up meeting up at a particular place and making up in a beautiful scene that I won't spoil... then there's the bath scene... and if you thought they had trouble dealing with the aftermath of the kiss, try the aftermath of THAT... let's just say things happen in the bath and there's more emotional fallout... When they get back, I'm pretty sure the senpai can tell that she's lost though. That's where the last one leaves off.

Wow can't wait to read that xD

Me neither, even though I don't know what it says

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

(~˘▾˘)~ Great chapter.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Ah! Her Tale of Shim Cheong shout out! It's so good.

I love the series. It's probably my favourite yuri. I plugged it as many times as I could in the credits pages, though I had a hard time finding fanart for it!

To give a not so brief synopsis of what's to come: (Seriously... if you don't want spoilers, DON'T READ THIS!!!!!!!

For what it's worth, you're pretty off base regarding your predictions.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

masturbation? Is that another name for holding your own hand?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

In a certain way, yes.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Depends on were you hold it.

And the way things are looking, at this point Nanoha might need to master it as well. Or we might just need to lock them in a room and see what happens.

To reply you must either login or sign up.