Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, the fact it's a "secret from everyone" can mean two things:

• It would be labeled as "disgusting" by a sizable amount of persons, because reasons. And they would be harassed/isolated. And they don't want that.
  • They would be teased a lot, as would probably be any couple, even a straight one, because that's what teens do. And they don't want that.

Or a mix of both.

The first one is illustrated by Igarashi.

The second one is illustrated by their friends

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

...I shall burn in the pits of hell for making that unforgivable typo.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

It's typou.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

It's typou.

arougato

joined Jan 6, 2017

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

It's typou.

arougato

It's oregano

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

It's typou.

arougato

It's oregano

Oureganou*

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BV posted:

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

It's typou.

arougato

It's oregano

Oureganou*

What did I create!?

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 2:58PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

BV posted:

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

It's typou.

arougato

It's oregano

Oureganou*

What did I create!?

Nobody knows.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

BV posted:

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

It's typou.

arougato

It's oregano

Oureganou*

What did I create!?

Nobody knows.

Noubody knous.

joined Oct 22, 2018

BV posted:

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

It's typou.

arougato

It's oregano

Oureganou*

What did I create!?

Nobody knows.

Noubody knous.

Auh, yes. Excouse me

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

BV posted:

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

It's typou.

arougato

It's oregano

Oureganou*

What did I create!?

Nobody knows.

Noubody knous.

Auh, yes. Excouse me

(writes a 5 paragraph post on how this whole exchange is great)

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Oh. So is that part over? My problem with love triangles has never been fear that it would break up the main pair or whatever. It was mostly the stuff around it. People turning on th third wheel. Ship wars. The feeling authors only do it as a cheap way to trigger people.

I'm trying to chill out about their inclusion in stories.

Does it seem to anyone else that most love song about love triangles are from the perspective of third angle? Might just be what I've heard though . . .

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Oh. So is that part over? My problem with love triangles has never been fear that it would break up the main pair or whatever. It was mostly the stuff around it. People turning on th third wheel. Ship wars. The feeling authors only do it as a cheap way to trigger people.

I do appreciate a very quickly-resolved love triangle. Sometimes they seem to hang over the characters' head for ages, it just drags on and on. I think this example is one of the better ones. Igarashi's appearance in the story shed some light on Chidori's past and also catalyzed a change in her and Nanoha's relationship. And then she got on a train and left. The development was kind of cliche in a number of ways, but it worked fine and with only 8 chapters in the story, she didn't overstay her welcome too much.

Maybe she'll be back at some point, but she's on her way back to her distant university (wherever it is, it's not in Tohoku) and a new term is starting, so I don't think she'll be coming back anytime soon.

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 12:09AM

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Does it seem to anyone else that most love song about love triangles are from the perspective of third angle? Might just be what I've heard though . . .

Guess, that depends a bit on whom you'd consider the third angle. And when.
There are many songs about someone being cheated on or being replaced by another party. Where there would have been two, the third came in and stole the lover away. Those songs are from the POV of one the original two. Like Madonna's She's Not Me or Justin Timberlake's Cry Me A River. In a sense, the one of the two became the third angle then.

Certainly there are many songs about someone pining for someone who's in a relationship with someone else. Unless it's clear in those lyrics, that the person of desire returns the feelz to some degree or at least once acted they did, I wouldn't even consider them necessarily a triangle - as the one pining, more often than not, isn't even in a rivalring position (at times even 'friendzoned', watching on as their beloved one is in another, at times unhappy, relationship). There are many of these, tho. Vertical Horizon's Everything You Want could be one good example here... or Sophie B. Hawkins' Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover.

A good example for "Love Triangle" may be Two Princess by Spin Doctor - in which two guys try to win over a girl.
Albeit, the singer makes it clear that he is more in love and loved more than the other (who's apparently only in the race for material/status reasons).

Other than that, I wouldn't know if actual triangle songs really are a common thing, or if one likes to count the other two, if (unrequitedly) pining-for-someone would top out being-cheated-on songs. ...although, Taylor Swift may have tipped the scales there a bit... in both directions? Not sure...

...from the top of my head, the only song I could think of where the one who's the interest of the other two is "singing" it, would be Katy Perry's Thinking of You (aside: such is called a "split love triangle" - there's a term for everything..).
..and Robyn' Call your Girlfriend may be one of the fewer songs by someone who won a person over another. Her POV she was the third angle, but now became one of the other two.

....is that considered off-topic? Yes? No? I feel, it fits.

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 2:13PM

21294649_1973051396268417_6602197588240236544_n
joined Jun 7, 2015

BV posted:

KueKyuuQ posted:

imotou

It's imouto.

It's typou.

arougato

It's oregano

Oureganou*

What did I create!?

Nobody knows.

Noubody knous.

Auh, yes. Excouse me

Guys... You really made me laugh. I love you all

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

it's been more than a year since ive read this. are they still secretly dati-. . . yup

joined Dec 13, 2018

it's been more than a year since ive read this. are they still secretly dati-. . . yup

I really like that beat of repetition. Defines the series, I'm looking forward to the big moment where they change the beat and they're now dating openly.

Also Ch. 48 is very much a heartbroken surprised pikachu. Poor bastard, you did it to yourself, and you know it.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 10:37PM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Decided to re-read, I just love this manga so much, one of my favorites.
It's still on release but I can't handle it wwwwwwwwwwwww
I need more updates, gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 3:24PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Has anybody commented on "Tsuki ni muragumo, hana ni arashi*" meaning you can't count on things continuing to go well (well, sometimes it means that) which hana ni arashi is short for? I am not wishing for drama, but that seemed important.

*clouds gathering on the moon, storm on the flowers."

last edited at Oct 15, 2019 7:54PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Has anybody commented on "Tsuki ni muragumo, hana ni arashi" meaning you can't count on things continuing to go well (well, sometimes it means that) which hana ni arashi is short for? I am not wishing for drama, but that seemed important.

I think the author thought it sounded like it'd be a cool name for a series, and then forgot about it. 40 chapters later, she finally remembered what the title was supposed to mean and had to jam in some drama.

Or maybe the title's supposed to refer to some kind of regular push-and-pull that goes on in each chapter? I'm not sure how the saying itself is used, but from what I read, it seems to be more like "good things in life are easily spoiled, and rarely last long". Each chapter does kind of follow a pattern of something silly getting in the way of whatever it is they're trying to do.

last edited at Oct 15, 2019 7:37PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Has anybody commented on "Tsuki ni muragumo, hana ni arashi" meaning you can't count on things continuing to go well (well, sometimes it means that) which hana ni arashi is short for? I am not wishing for drama, but that seemed important.

I think the author thought it sounded like it'd be a cool name for a series, and then forgot about it. 40 chapters later, she finally remembered what the title was supposed to mean and had to jam in some drama.

Now, now—you know that’s not quite fair. The first sign of Drama Senpai appears in Chapter 10 (the mystery Valentine’s chocolates) and then in Chapter 22 we really start to get that story underway.

I agree that that there’s something of a tonal/thematic mismatch between the fluffy slice-of-life chapters (not that I mind those—I could watch Nanoha watch Chidori try on cute glasses pretty much indefinitely) and the Senpai-From-Sexual-Confusion-Hell arc, but I also think it’s pretty clear that this mangaka has been playing a long game for quite some time.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Thank you both for above comments. I think all of the above seems plausible.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Now, now—you know that’s not quite fair. The first sign of Drama Senpai appears in Chapter 10 (the mystery Valentine’s chocolates) and then in Chapter 22 we really start to get that story underway.

I agree that that there’s something of a tonal/thematic mismatch between the fluffy slice-of-life chapters (not that I mind those—I could watch Nanoha watch Chidori try on cute glasses pretty much indefinitely) and the Senpai-From-Sexual-Confusion-Hell arc, but I also think it’s pretty clear that this mangaka has been playing a long game for quite some time.

Yes, yes, I was just being silly. There's just a disconnect between this ominous-sounding saying that gives the series its title and the reality of the story as presented in the majority of the chapters up until now. Though now that I've thought about it (and edited my answer) I think that's probably more a case of the saying just not really being as ominous as it sounds on literal translation.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Has anybody commented on "Tsuki ni muragumo, hana ni arashi*" meaning you can't count on things continuing to go well (well, sometimes it means that) which hana ni arashi is short for? I am not wishing for drama, but that seemed important.

*clouds gathering on the moon, storm on the flowers."

Already on page 2.

To reply you must either login or sign up.