Forum › The Nice Neighborhood Lady discussion

18e
joined Aug 16, 2017

aw it's cuteeeee

joined May 24, 2014

you'd almost think some sub to her work just so they can be creeped out by it. There's several tags I'm not a great fan of, but to make life easier for me and those who do enjoy it, (I just don't read it)

Too many cringe addicts nowadays

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

The take that itou hachi is seriously implying dark things through some of her works (like this one) is super interesting to me and I'd like it to be real, I just can't really see this being all that serious. like even the highly illegal list of things onee wants to do at the end seemed like a joke to me? Maybe I'm just blind

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

you'd almost think some sub to her work just so they can be creeped out by it. There's several tags I'm not a great fan of, but to make life easier for me and those who do enjoy it, (I just don't read it)

Too many cringe addicts nowadays

Top 10 Fortnight Moments and Oneeloli Cringe Compilation [gone sexual]

joined Sep 13, 2018

Boy this gave me akane onee-chan levels of creepy (older sister of akaza akari from yuru yuri)
And the idea of kidnapping the kid to live in a far away place was something i didnt expect to read.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I usually don't dislike age gaps, but this gives me all kind of wrong feels, because the kid is too pure and I can't help but feel bad on One-san taking advantage of that, so I just gonna go out and unfollow

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Why is the FBI at my door?

joined May 29, 2019

Why is the FBI at my door?

They're here to tell you that you have good taste in oneeloli

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

This is a good series. This pair is cute and I like how the oneesan is written.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Oneechan wants to have a happy sugar life with Otone-chan, lol.

Itou Hachi draws the cutest stories.

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

I don't know if Dynasty just has no particular rules about how edgy content can get (which, okay I guess?) but this is maybe the worst thing I've ever seen on this site. And it's not particularly abusive or violent or something it's just... an elementary schooler? Happy Sugar Life was brutal but this feels worse in a weird way because of the framing.

I've enjoyed most of Itou Hachi's other work too despite how much she leans into age gap stuff, but idk. oof. I was really surprised to click this on Recently Added and see what it was.

last edited at Nov 2, 2019 8:52PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It’s very clear—Itou Hachi doesn’t care about your feelings.

Judging by things like this and the Master and Mel hentai, Itou Hachi draws what she wants.

The irony is that Itou Hachi is exceptionally good at engaging readers’ feelings. But what readers do with those various feelings is not her problem.

Or so it would seem.

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

is it bad i'm waiting for the chapter in which onee san hears the sirens

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Someone on Dynasty once described Itou Hachi's style of oneeloli as "Fuck the police coming straight from the underground" and I've never thought of a better way to sum it up than that.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

The take that itou hachi is seriously implying dark things through some of her works (like this one) is super interesting to me and I'd like it to be real, I just can't really see this being all that serious. like even the highly illegal list of things onee wants to do at the end seemed like a joke to me? Maybe I'm just blind

It was definitely a joke. As someone pointed out early in the thread, lampshading. We know Onee-san is a creepy pedo but in-universe she's the main character, not a villain... She would never do anything to hurt the Otone... But she's a sick pedo full of creepy desires, which we can see from outside of the universe.

Probably one of the most central tropes of loli stuff is that the lolis are always enthusiastic. I think there was even a study on rape in hentai manga that came up with it being rarest in a few magazines (one being 0%, an editorial decision I applaud) and number 2 or 3 was Comic Lo, which you can guess from the title is a loli manga. The suspension of disbelief is that this is all a-ok and the way that disbelief is suspended is by the trope of willing, enthusiastic lolis.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

The dark bit for me is that panels where oneesan explains how much she loves Oto-chan. Creeeeepppyyy... I have a thing for age gap romances but this puts on the whole creep coat yet I'm kind of waiting for (and hoping for) a surprising resolution that'll give me "oh, I never thought of it that way".
I'm torn between whether the author wants to teach us something or just wants to make us validate such pedophilic acts. I dunno. I might drop it if the latter's the case. Buuut... Ugh... I wanna know how this one ends.

__gertrud_barkhorn_world_witches_series_and_etc_drawn_by_amakawa_ginga__970ec8089e5295274b5d2dc3d38d2725
joined Oct 21, 2015

I like Itou Hachi's work in general, she's an excellent artist and I love her fox girl series, but this one is eerily like how a irl pedophilic grooming situation would operate.... I hope she's only pulling this in fiction and doesn't go for young girls irl because this feels really off to me...

Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

I believe that Itou self-inserts as the loli

Maybe that’s why I have no problem with loli stuff, if I insert myself into the characters it’s usually as the loli.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Judging by things like this and the Master and Mel hentai, Itou Hachi draws what she wants.

The irony is that Itou Hachi is exceptionally good at engaging readers’ feelings. But what readers do with those various feelings is not her problem.

Or so it would seem.

Oh shut up, god damn it, y'all get way too upset about other people's opinions, nobody is under the illusion that their comments on some random ass manga sight is gonna reach the original creator. This is an open freaking comment section, there is no rule that every comment has to be praise, if someone says something you disagree with you can either politely explain why you feel differently or just keep your mouth shut. This passively aggressively, and sometimes aggressively, attacking anyone who doesn't post something 100% positive is such a waste of god damned time and energy.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Or so it would seem.

Oh shut up, god damn it, y'all get way too upset about other people's opinions, nobody is under the illusion that their comments on some random ass manga sight is gonna reach the original creator. This is an open freaking comment section, there is no rule that every comment has to be praise, if someone says something you disagree with you can either politely explain why you feel differently or just keep your mouth shut. This passively aggressively, and sometimes aggressively, attacking anyone who doesn't post something 100% positive is such a waste of god damned time and energy.

I'm going to be very, very kind and assume that you didn't read what I said carefully and then went into a canned rant to get "something off your chest," because the above rant has nothing whatsoever to do with what I wrote.

"Itou Hachi draws what she wants."

This was not an attack on anybody, pro or con. Several people have said things like:

"I'm torn between whether the author wants to teach us something or just wants to make us validate such pedophilic acts."

My point was that Itou Hachi doesn't seem to particularly care either way about things like that--her work (a lot of times) is not about "us" at all, but just about her own preferences about what she likes and likes to draw.

Maybe it would have been more precise to have said "Itou Hachi doesn't care about our feelings," but either way, your response is out of line.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm going to be very, very kind and assume that you didn't read what I said carefully and then went into a canned rant to get "something off your chest," because the above rant has nothing whatsoever to do with what I wrote.

"Itou Hachi draws what she wants."

This was not an attack on anybody, pro or con. Several people have said things like:

"I'm torn between whether the author wants to teach us something or just wants to make us validate such pedophilic acts."

My point was that Itou Hachi doesn't seem to particularly care either way about things like that--her work (a lot of times) is not about "us" at all, but just about her own preferences about what she likes and likes to draw.

Maybe it would have been more precise to have said "Itou Hachi doesn't care about our feelings," but either way, your response is out of line.

Oh, fuck off, this is not the first time you've said crap like this. Do you really think I'm that stupid?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Do you really think I'm that stupid?

LOL

joined Aug 23, 2013

Good grief, reading the comments is giving me a headache. It's like the time when I went to the ECU with a broken leg and there was this 16-ish kid, who called the ambulance on himself because he threw up, had a headache and was feeling dizzy. When he went in, the doctor let out a scream: "What do you mean you didn't know drinking too much alcohol could cause this? It's called being drunk!"

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

What a comment section. I’m just here for cute girls getting taken care of by a loving onee-san.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I wanted to have a moral panic and drop some stale FBI jokes, am I in the right place?

To reply you must either login or sign up.