Forum › The Nice Neighborhood Lady discussion

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I wanted to have a moral panic and drop some stale FBI jokes, am I in the right place?

You'd think people would get tired of making the same, trite FBI jokes every single time. I wonder what it's like, being able to laugh at yourself making the same, uninspired and unoriginal joke over and over again. Should I be jealous?

last edited at Nov 4, 2019 12:27PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I wanted to have a moral panic and drop some stale FBI jokes, am I in the right place?

You'd think people would get tired of making the same, trite FBI jokes every single time. I wonder what it's like, being able to laugh at yourself making the same, uninspired and unoriginal joke over and over again. Should I be jealous?

It's "nervous laughter, whistling past the graveyard" stuff rather an attempt at real humor, I think.

Itou Hachi's loli stuff is just unsettling--which direction that takes people varies. For some it's "Don't you people realize that pedophilia is BAD, dammit!" moralizing; for others it's, "Uh oh, I read this and now I feel anxious" giggling, etc.

"So cute, so funny, so wrong" is always a volatile mixture.

last edited at Nov 4, 2019 1:27PM

74451150_178836556498417_3966336103820034048_n
joined Sep 16, 2018

ok can i call the cops now please? she's a straight up predator at this point it's becoming very hard to read

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

You think the cops can help? With the heat vision and cloaking I doubt it.

last edited at Nov 4, 2019 11:39PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Itou Hachi's loli stuff is just unsettling--which direction that takes people varies. For some it's "Don't you people realize that pedophilia is BAD, dammit!" moralizing; for others it's, "Uh oh, I read this and now I feel anxious" giggling, etc.

If by unsettling you mean "amazingly cute" then I agree. Very unsettling.

I remember one time I was dropping by Otome Road, most of the staff usually has fujo or otome related pins on their uniforms, but one girl who rung me out at the register had an oneeloli pin from Itou Hachi. It gave me hope for the world.

All hail Itou Hachi. All hail oneeloli.

last edited at Nov 5, 2019 1:11AM

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

ok can i call the cops now please? she's a straight up predator at this point it's becoming very hard to read

Then don't read.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Mother of the year award right here, though. Teaching her daughter good manners and all.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Of all older girls Itou created, this one is the first creepy one I see.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

UHHHHH

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Ah, don't we all have a long list of illegal things we want to do. No? Just me? Well, back to the bunker we go.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I remember one time I was dropping by Otome Road, most of the staff usually has fujo or otome related pins on their uniforms, but one girl who rung me out at the register had an oneeloli pin from Itou Hachi. It gave me hope for the world.

I daresay you quite QED'd his point.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

You should be happy Itou doesn't go full on Vore or extreme Guro mode. You think this makes you uncomfortable, you have not seen the horrors of lolis getting digested in pure stomach juice.

last edited at Nov 5, 2019 9:27PM

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I'm getting a real Happy Sugar Life vibe except without the murder.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

W-What a cute couple hehehehehe °-°).... I like ice cream too.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You and me, we are so much in sync. Really warms my heart.

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

i know this doesnt feels right, but my evil souls is pleasure too much so i can not refuse this charm,,,
itou hacchi strikes again,,,

joined Dec 28, 2016

Am I the only one that gets seriously disturbing vibes from this series? I don't have an issue with most of Itou Hachi's onee-loli works, but this one is different somehow. Something about the scenario makes the Onee-san feel more like a straight-up pedo than the Onee-sans in other works. That extremely detailed list of highly illegal desires she lists off in Chapter 3 doesn't help her case, either.

Because this how real life predators operate. There is just no deniability with this one, the other ones often provide something to soften the blow, whereas here, she is just a straight up sexual predator.

Maybe learn to relax a bit. All that stress can't be good for you.

joined Dec 28, 2016

There's other sites and other content on the internet. Don't complain if you're not interested. Also, fiction of any of this sort is completely legal.

joined May 29, 2019

Just because you enjoy certain kinds of media doesn't mean that you want to emulate that media in real life, for the same reason that playing GTA doesn't make people want to become gangsters or how playing Pokemon doesn't make people want to go outside. Fiction is fiction and fantasy is fantasy.

And its cute

joined Jul 21, 2011

I'm just starting to think the author is an actual pedophile herself but since she can't act on it in real life, these mangas are her way of expressing herself. shrug

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm just starting to think the author is an actual pedophile herself but since she can't act on it in real life, these mangas are her way of expressing herself. shrug

"And a special acknowledgment to the author of Niven's Law: "There is a technical, literary term for those who mistake the opinions and beliefs of characters in a novel for those of the author. The term is 'idiot'.""
- S. M. Stirling

lolis getting digested in pure stomach juice

Nice

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"And a special acknowledgment to the author of Niven's Law: "There is a technical, literary term for those who mistake the opinions and beliefs of characters in a novel for those of the author. The term is 'idiot'.""
- S. M. Stirling

This isn't about a character in this manga saying that "lolis are best!" and someone commenting "oh whoa, the author thinks that lolis are best", it's about consistently portraying the same/similar themes over and over again. Clearly there's some sort of appeal there - probably more about something else than outright pedophilia, but it'd be ridiculous to say it's completely disconnected from the author.

So the quote isn't applicable, but even if it were, it'd be pretty stupid anyway. Plenty of examples of authors inserting their own believes into characters.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

It was definitely a joke. As someone pointed out early in the thread, lampshading. We know Onee-san is a creepy pedo but in-universe she's the main character, not a villain... She would never do anything to hurt the Otone... But she's a sick pedo full of creepy desires, which we can see from outside of the universe.

Probably one of the most central tropes of loli stuff is that the lolis are always enthusiastic. I think there was even a study on rape in hentai manga that came up with it being rarest in a few magazines (one being 0%, an editorial decision I applaud) and number 2 or 3 was Comic Lo, which you can guess from the title is a loli manga. The suspension of disbelief is that this is all a-ok and the way that disbelief is suspended is by the trope of willing, enthusiastic lolis.

This should be made part of obligatory reading for anyone that harps about the lolicon/shotacon genre as being inherently immoral.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I love how Hachi's work dance on that delicate balance between cute and wholesome and fucked up. It's something very delicate, but somehow she manages to inspire cuteness and disturbing feeling at the same time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.