Forum › Posts by Uninstall

joined May 29, 2019

If Fuuko was more patient she likely could have gotten Yuni to break up with Nanase by just being persistent and continuously pointing out Nanase's bad points, but Fuuko is obviously not that patient. Yuni and Nanase needed to break up, and I feel like despite the twists and turns the story has taken, that would have been a good outcome.

But this latest chapter is... yikes. Based on what we've seen of Fuuko's backstory, it seemed like she just wanted somebody to love her back but for some reason she just basically told Nanase that what she wants is NTR. If I assumed the story was going to be logical and consistent, I'd guess that the reason for this is that Fuuko is trying to shock Nanase into breaking up with Yuni (there are some elements that track with that, like revealing they had sex).

However, the last chapter was wild enough that I don't think assuming the story will be logical and consistent is actually very smart at this point. I think we're headed towards -maximum disaster- territory instead.

Fuuko is bitter over being "betrayed" by the girl she had a crush on, who went off and got married to a guy. Fuuko wants to empower herself by becoming the one who steals another person's girl away, passing off the anger over being a cuckold onto someone else. It's not enough for Fuuko to steal Yuni away from Nanase; Nanase needs to see Yuni being stolen away from her. She's the parasitic fungus that she was telling Yuni about way back in Chapter 1.

Of course, this means that Yuni is assuming (and Fuuko's spent the entire manga telling her) that she's #1 in Fuuko's eyes, when in reality she's basically just a rebound. Even if Yuni and Nanase broke up and Yuni got together with Fuuko, I can't see the relationship lasting. It's likely that Fuuko would get bored and move on.

joined May 29, 2019

Yuni did tell Nanase some of her frustrations at the end of the festival date though. Nanase promised to do better and then didn't change at all. And Nanase really is neglectful; it would be one thing if Nanase was just focused on her volleyball and Yuni was painfully jealous over it, but Nanase forgets anniversaries, refuses to show any kind of affection in public (even stuff that she does with her friends and club-mates) and constantly takes Yuni for granted (like assuming Yuni could just afford to go on a trip to Osaka to cheer her on with like a week's notice).

Yuni's cheating isn't justified, but her frustrations with their relationship are valid, and Nanase has done a terrible job of being a good partner. Fuuko was able to worm her way into Yuni's life by offering her everything that Nanase refused to give her.

joined May 29, 2019

Comming out is not easy. Is not like Nanase could just go "Hey! I'm gay!" like it had no consequences. It's something far more serious than Yuni's unhealthy craves for attention. And in that very festival Nanase held her hand and let herself be kissed, let alone they were intimate several times in private and even hugging in public and at school. So is not like Yuni was completely deprived of her girlfriend's affection. Far from it. Yuni always had the mentality that she should be Nanase's number one priority since the festival and is not only between voleyball and herself... Yuni always had this mindset with basically everyone in Nanase's life. Her best friend, her colegues in her club. It's suffocating. In this case, I wouldn't be susprised if Nanase would actually WANT to put some space between them. Someone as toxic as Yuni demanding validation in this matter is a mental tool. I'm sure Nanase feels more at ease with her club members than with Yuni and I can't really blame her.

And, despite being really unconfortable with exposing their relationship, Nanase still came out to her best friend. This is doing something already. Nanase went to the pool with her, went to the festival with her, is intimate with her in private, but, no... to Yuni, if everything is not 100% PERFECT all the time, then is justifiable to go fuck the sociopath. No... I'll say again. No justification for cheating and no comparation. Nanase made her mistakes, Yuni is a 100 times worse.

It's not even about coming out. Nanase refuses to even hold hands with Yuni in public or to let her upload photos of the two of them to social media, despite her being willing to do that stuff with her friends. And Yuni put up with it for months, putting more effort and compromise into their relationship than Nanase ever did. Coming out to her best friend (who I'm 100% sure wants to get into Nanase's pants) is good personal growth for Nanase but too late to save her relationship with Yuni.

joined May 29, 2019

Nanase was also trying her best whitin her limitations. And unlike Yuni, she didn't cheat while putting up with Yuni toxic behaviour of always making Nanase choose between her and other aspects of her life. Which is far worse than Nanase's hesitations. Nanase even acknowlages she needs to be better for her gf (even though Yuni doesn't deserve it) and takes accontability for her neglect. Again, unlike Yuni who takes no accontability and pushes all into Nanase.

Yes, Nanase is not blameless, but it still doesn't justify cheating. In a matter of who is the worst girlfriend, Nanase will be a sparkle while Yuni would be a godadam sun. Again, no comparation.

Was Nanase really trying her best? She couldn't even give Yuni a quick text or call on their anniversary. She constantly denies any of Yuni's desires for any kind of affection in public, and has forced her to put up with her own emotional constipation. Yuni never told Nanase "its volleyball or me" until the end of this chapter; when Nanase dumped the Osaka trip on her without even considering if a high school student who wasn't receiving free food, lodging and transportation could even afford it, Yuni was willing to basically sell herself to be there with Nanase. Instead, Nanase is the one who has always made Yuni put up with being second-fiddle to volleyball. And I don't think that acknowledging a problem and then proceeding to do nothing about it is "taking accountability."

last edited at May 18, 2023 5:36PM

joined May 29, 2019

Not justified ata all. Yuni should just break up with her if she was not satisfied with how things were going. You know... show a little bit of character. Yuni only thinks about herself and never stops to considers Nanane's position and why she feels unconfortable. She sees her as nothing more than an exposition piece to make her feel better with herself. Always forcing Nanase to "choose" between her and several things and never stops to think that she is not the only thing in someone esle's life. Don't you think this is far more toxic and unfair? What Yuni did and is doing now is a million times worse than whatever hseitation Nanase had. There is not comparation here.

But Yuni HAS been putting up with it. She's been continuously telling herself that Nanase's volleyball is important to her and trying to consider Nanase's feeling with the regards to not wanting to come out with their relationship. And I agree that at some point either Yuni or Nanase should've realized that their needs and goals aren't compatible and decide to go their separate ways. But it's not like Nanase missed one date and suddenly Yuni is throwing herself at other girls. There is a continual pattern of neglect and Nanase honestly taking Yuni for granted that drove her to cheat. Nanase is the least-malicious person in all of this but she's by no means blameless.

joined May 29, 2019

And let's not pretend that 90% of the blame isn't on Yuni. If she was unsatisfied with their relationship, she should just COMMUNICATE it instead of cheating. There's nothing specail about any of this cheap drama. "Girlfriend with a victim complex doesn't communicate about her disatisfation with her girlfriend, cheats on her and refuses to take any accountability." It's just that simple... Nothing complex to it. Dunno why some people are making this unidimensional story more than it actually is...

Yuni was the one who chose to cheat and she should've been more open with her frustrations, but you can't deny that Nanase has been a pretty terrible girlfriend. It's not just being so focused on volleyball, the real problem is that Nanase is terrified of any display of affection that could possibly reveal their relationship. She won't hold hands, she won't let Yuni upload pictures of the two of them, and this all demonstrates that Nanase is unwilling to put as much passion into their relationship as Yuni is. And Yuni did tell her this at the festival, Nanase promised to do better and then went back to her old ways. Nanase missed their anniversary, apologized, promised to do better and then went back to her old ways.

Yuni didn't decide to just go and cheat out of the blue. She cheated because Fuuko exploited the emotional gap between them, offering her everything that Nanase refused to provide. Was Nanase planning on hiding their relationship forever?

joined May 29, 2019

No. Someone who cheats is not worth fighting for. And people can fall out of love just as easy as they fall into it. Feelings change based on circunstances and unconditional love is a myth. Everybody has their limits and nothing changes feelings faster than betrayal.

Yuni is not worth being chased after. If Nanase does so, she would be even more pathetic than she already is because she would have no self-respect doing so. And you can't love someone if you can't even love yourself first. If there is any "will to fight" in Nanase as you said, she should use it towards her club, where she can actually build a future with it and priorize it over a cheating girlfriend. There will be no happyness for her with someone as mentaly ill as Yuni.

But again... This author seriously lacks the skills to write anything deeper than the oh, so overused NTR cliches.

The thing is, Nanase has never fought for her relationship. Yuni has always had to play second-fiddle in her mind. And even now, Nanase can't invoke the righteous anger to just dump Yuni or punch Fuuko in the face. She's passive and uncertain, to the point where she's just sitting there while Fuuko is groping and undressing her girlfriend right in front of her face.

Uninstall
Image Comments 22 Jun 17:55
joined May 29, 2019
87287060_p23

RikaRen
RikaRen
RikaRen
RikaRen

Uninstall
Image Comments 24 May 22:10
joined May 29, 2019
E0yshmouuaanq9p-orig

Images you can hear

Uninstall
Image Comments 02 Feb 20:17
joined May 29, 2019
Etbenaoxcaasbuq-orig

Mifudrip...

Uninstall
joined May 29, 2019

I want them to get married 200 million times per second

Uninstall
joined May 29, 2019

This is good civilization

Uninstall
joined May 29, 2019

This is the canon ending of Machikado Mazoku and you can't convince me otherwise

Uninstall
Image Comments 04 Aug 04:46
joined May 29, 2019
83380955_p1

heart ahoge should be outlawed for being too cute

joined May 29, 2019

Excuse me I have several questions

Uninstall
joined May 29, 2019

I think this is from 2019 so its really just lucky coincidence
I imagine the translators were inspired by the KaeRena unit though

Uninstall
joined May 29, 2019

Fuyuu

Uninstall
Image Comments 13 Jul 23:12
joined May 29, 2019
Ecugjdzvcaay8il-orig

This image has a distressing lack of TAIL

Uninstall
Image Comments 11 Jul 04:34
joined May 29, 2019
Dzz7lyqu0aadhct-orig

angry tsundere noises

Uninstall
Image Comments 04 Jul 01:22
joined May 29, 2019
Eb0ppdcuwaaretc-orig

I love how everyone agrees that Kaede has Rena wrapped around her little finger

Uninstall
joined May 29, 2019

This level of wholesomeness can't be legal

Uninstall
Re: Karen discussion 14 Jun 22:56
joined May 29, 2019

@riverFlowe, like Polycell stated, its in Chapter 8 in one of the last Mitama sections I believe. Its actually a very nice scene where Rika and Ren's relationship comes full circle.

Uninstall
Image Comments 12 Jun 22:42
joined May 29, 2019
79962387_p0

How do we stop Zombie-san?

Uninstall
joined May 29, 2019

Kinda sad that this one wasn't like a hundred pages long like each chapter of From Now On, Together With Senpai

Uninstall
Image Comments 09 Jun 01:30
joined May 29, 2019
77752696_p4

@BlueStallion44 Tougou likes being called Tougou-san because Yuuna told her that "Tougou-san" sounded cool.