Forum › Tsurezure Biyori discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Yo what ? Is that serious ? Isn't kind of abrupt ?

Why I'm not surprised.

Well i am. I don't find why they confess must mean it's the end.

Because that's unfortunately the fate of most romance mangas.

Anyway, I'm so sad this is ending already. I was hoping for an anime.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

such sad news, I've been really enjoying this manga from the beginning, it fills that nice slow slice of life niche I enjoy, like Flying Witch but with yuri! I honestly could see this one lasting as much as that one but oh well :c guess it wasn't the case... can I at least hope for a kiss or the like between Nanaya and Minori?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Zexalfan posted:

such sad news, I've been really enjoying this manga from the beginning, it fills that nice slow slice of life niche I enjoy, like Flying Witch but with yuri! I honestly could see this one lasting as much as that one but oh well :c guess it wasn't the case... can I at least hope for a kiss or the like between Nanaya and Minori?

Honestly that would be the best for the end, maybe seeing their friends come out will give Nanaya and co the final push to realize what they meant for each other and then I can say good bye to this with a big smile.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Long story short, author was bored about (or stopped enjoying drawing) this and wanted to do something else, even though editors tried to keep it alive. He had the last word.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Damn. Looking forward to whatever he does next.

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 4:25PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

It seems likely to me that the difficulty was that they were finding their work rate wasn't fast enough. It was a series that often had months off (this month's issue will be 4th it missed this year) and what they said about the editor suggesting forms in which to continue it would make sense - it would mean stuff like switching to bimonthly or just being a web series (YH's web series basically each just do their own loose schedule). But release rate has direct consequences on a mangaka's income.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Reejun posted:

It seems likely to me that the difficulty was that they were finding their work rate wasn't fast enough. It was a series that often had months off (this month's issue will be 4th it missed this year) and what they said about the editor suggesting forms in which to continue it would make sense - it would mean stuff like switching to bimonthly or just being a web series (YH's web series basically each just do their own loose schedule). But release rate has direct consequences on a mangaka's income.

Or maybe the editor said "You know with this kiss, this is the perfect moment to have that evil classmate/senpai that was never mentioned before try to seduce one of the main girls and create misunderstandings during a festival" or "You know what would be SUPER funny? to have a kid from some aunt come visit and then interrupt their romance advancements hahahaha" ooooor "We should put them all working in a coffee as maids!" and the author said "fuck that" but oh well, we might never know... I'm sure the author enjoyed their slow pace and their heartwarming moments but is true that it doesn't make it super popular unless it has very funny moments or super natural stuff happening.

This was like Non Non Biyori without Renchon

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 5:46PM

joined Jul 26, 2019

Why why why the authors at this time had trouble finishing their works correctly, it is disappointing even if you have to respect your choice...
But as long as there is enough to finish, the end is rusher at full speed....
Why not 3 or 4 chapters like the author does for bloom into you?
At worst take a break, because this manga still had potential with the different characters.
Too bad it was a nice and beautiful yuri who stood out from the crowd.
So we won't be allowed to go on school trips, to the pool, to the festival with fireworks, to birthdays ^^

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 8:16PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Zexalfan posted:

Honestly that would be the best for the end, maybe seeing their friends come out will give Nanaya and co the final push to realize what they meant for each other and then I can say good bye to this with a big smile.

I hope something of that vein happens, I wish there could have been one more chapter before the end that would focus only on them together, and I doubt the finale would focus solely on the second pairing rather than the main one, but I will still hope they also get proper ending to say good bye to this sweet short slice of life manga as well

Tfw you binge the whole thing in one day only to find out that it's gonna end soon. Oof man...

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

F

I WANT THE OTHER FRIENDS CONFESS THEIR FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Yo what ? Is that serious ? Isn't kind of abrupt ?

Why I'm not surprised.

Well i am. I don't find why they confess must mean it's the end.

Because that's unfortunately the fate of most romance mangas.

I actually find manga to continue after confessions/kisses far more often than other forms of romance storytelling. Can't say I saw this coming. It felt like there were some plot threads that were still being built up. Well, like I said before, this manga has been chock full of surprises for me. It's a shame the last one had to be a disappointing one.

joined May 7, 2017

Why why why the authors at this time had trouble finishing their works correctly, it is disappointing even if you have to respect your choice...
But as long as there is enough to finish, the end is rusher at full speed....
Why not 3 or 4 chapters like the author does for bloom into you?
At worst take a break, because this manga still had potential with the different characters.
Too bad it was a nice and beautiful yuri who stood out from the crowd.
So we won't be allowed to go on school trips, to the pool, to the festival with fireworks, to birthdays ^^

This is easy, I used to draw/write my own stories back in the day, long story short I've frequently stumbled upon slumps, there were days I couldn't even touch my stories because nothing would come up nor I could draw anything to satisfy me, I also tend to jump from one story to another, it's easy for us outsiders to judge, but believe me it's not easy on our end too (even though I don't work with drawing anymore)

joined Jul 26, 2019

This is easy, I used to draw/write my own stories back in the day, long story short I've frequently stumbled upon slumps, there were days I couldn't even touch my stories because nothing would come up nor I could draw anything to satisfy me, I also tend to jump from one story to another, it's easy for us outsiders to judge, but believe me it's not easy on our end too (even though I don't work with drawing anymore)

I understand but I express a disappointment because this story and its characters were really refreshing.
I just wanted an end not so fast sent knowing that the magazine was not against continuing, but the final choice is of course up to the author but I am really disappointed because there was so much potential still...

joined May 17, 2019

Aww it's unfortunate that the author is ending this wonderful piece so soon. I saw it's potential going high to even a possible slice of life anime-romance adaptation if it kept up it's current pace. Well, it's been a nice run! Can't promise that I'll remember this manga in the future though ;;"

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Hey so, does anyone know when is the last chapter going to be release?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

From the team in charge on MD : "We'll be working on it this weekend and the next chapter will likely be released next week.". It was from Wednesday.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

From the team in charge on MD : "We'll be working on it this weekend and the next chapter will likely be released next week.". It was from Wednesday.

Awesome! Thank you~

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm not ready to see this end.

Caf17338-61fd-484a-9549-c799f3691222
joined May 29, 2011

I'm not ready to see this end.

Same. I have all of the volumes in Japanese and just wanted it to keep going. I’m going to miss this cute little manga.

ETA: there seems to be a chapter in the volume that must not have been released elsewhere so I wonder if we’ll get to see that one translated too.

last edited at Oct 22, 2019 7:16PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Friendly remember that the manga will have an english release soon https://sevenseasentertainment.com/series/our-wonderful-days/

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Chapter 17 may be the best chapter there ever was.

joined Mar 21, 2017

After reading chapter 17 and seeing how it ends makes re reading it even better somehow.

joined Feb 18, 2015

This isn't Yuri remove the tag

May I refer you to chapter 17...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Chapter 18 out and honestly that doesn't really feel like an ending but rather it look like we gonna have another chapter next month. Honestly if the author want to come back on the manga, she totally could because it will not feel strange or out of place.

To reply you must either login or sign up.