Forum › An Absurd Relationship discussion

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I like how everyone is saying "oh but its emi's fault too" yeah no. The kind of person that would go that far just to get attention is not the kind of person that can be helped, that and are we even sure when emi realized that blondy loved her? it could have been after blondy had started going to the extremes in which case there was no helping her.

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 7:18AM

joined Jul 23, 2013

Well you have to look also the other way if Emi tried to confess her in some way or give her hints the blonde girl wouldn't have to try so hard to get her attention it wouldn't have escalated........ it's also somewhat Emi's fault

The normal way of getting someone's attention is not: 'I sleep with other people, including one who is a family man. Oh and by the way I knew you were attracted to me, I was killing you in the inside and mentioned I got pregnant by a man out of spite and a desire for undeserved attention. We're cool now right?'

She's fucking insane, and any decent person should not have to put up with that.

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 8:12AM

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

I'm guessing that the light haired girl already slept with Emi and they were in a relationship before since Emi was like "Is it mine?". Dat chick was totally three timing.

I think this is what happened.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Yeah, not really into shaming people for sexual indiscretions. And I'm not really down with the whole "she got what she deserved vibe." No one really deserves complete humiliation and a broken heart just for sleeping around and being too cowardly to express their true feelings. Obviously both characters are pretty dumb, and the whole problem could have been avoided if only one of them spoke up (but it's also understandable why neither didn't).

This one shot and some of the comments = nope.

The two obviously don't belong together. Blonde girl is emotionally unstable and makes bad decision. The other is too cold, unforgiving and cowardly. It would be a really toxic relationship. So over it.

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 8:32AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I'm guessing that the light haired girl already slept with Emi and they were in a relationship before since Emi was like "Is it mine?". Dat chick was totally three timing.

I think this is what happened.

I highly doubt this. We can see in page 06 that Emi was genuinely taken aback to hear that light-haired girl was two-timing. She even thought "Poor Sakata." Besides, she also offered light-haired girl a consolation kiss saying, "I guess I can give you a kiss at lea—".

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I like how everyone is saying "oh but its emi's fault too" yeah no. The kind of person that would go that far just to get attention is not the kind of person that can be helped, that and are we even sure when emi realized that blondy loved her? it could have been after blondy had started going to the extremes in which case there was no helping her.

Not sure if you're trying to defend your ideals or Jin-sensei at this point. I think it's more than obvious that both are in the wrong for this one, just two different but connected types of wrong.

To answer your question about certainty, no, we can't be certain when Emi found out about the blonde's feelings, but based on the information given she knew at sometime before the pregnancy occurred.

Even when people screw up like the blonde did, it's pretty clear and obvious that Emi could have embraced her and tried to at least give her a shot, but her coldness and lack of courage made her just jump ship and put them both in a very depressing state.

Let me put it to you this way...we know this author, and if she wanted to make Emi a heroine, she would have made it more obvious and called the story "Irrational Her".

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Well you have to look also the other way if Emi tried to confess her in some way or give her hints the blonde girl wouldn't have to try so hard to get her attention it wouldn't have escalated........ it's also somewhat Emi's fault

The normal way of getting someone's attention is not: 'I sleep with other people, including one who is a family man. Oh and by the way I knew you were attracted to me, I was killing you in the inside and mentioned I got pregnant by a man out of spite and a desire for undeserved attention. We're cool now right?'

She's fucking insane, and any decent person should not have to put up with that.

^this
Also im going to avoid the whole slut shaming thing before i get burned on a stake but lets just say i believe that actions should have consequences and you shouldn't get a free pass for fucking up.

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 11:34AM

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Not sure if you're trying to defend your ideals or Jin-sensei at this point. I think it's more than obvious that both are in the wrong for this one, just two different but connected types of wrong.

To answer your question about certainty, no, we can't be certain when Emi found out about the blonde's feelings, but based on the information given she knew at sometime before the pregnancy occurred.

Even when people screw up like the blonde did, it's pretty clear and obvious that Emi could have embraced her and tried to at least give her a shot, but her coldness and lack of courage made her just jump ship and put them both in a very depressing state.

Let me put it to you this way...we know this author, and if she wanted to make Emi a heroine, she would have made it more obvious and called the story "Irrational Her".

I'm struggling to see how Emi can be in the wrong here.

Sure, she never confessed, but so what? Neither did Mihashi. And it's not like they were lovers or a couple, so neither had any responsability toward the other or toward an inexistent relationship.

And why should Emi even reconsider Mihashi in the end?
The whole "starting a meaningless relationship with Sakata to make you react" is already a slap in the face for both Emi and Sakata (who thought it was serious). But the "cheating on Sakata with someone else" probably killed any respect Emi had left toward Mihashi. Then to top it of, in their final confrontation Mihashi tries to guilt-trip Emi and blames her for the mess she's in.
It makes it easy for Emi to drop Mihashi as cruelly as she did, and I don't blame her for that either: she doesn't owe Mihashi a second chance or even compassion, and she has many reasons to not give them to her.

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 1:47PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Sure, she never confessed, but so what? Neither did Mihashi. And it's not like they were lovers or a couple, so neither had any responsability toward the other or toward an inexistent relationship.

The whole "starting a meaningless relationship with Sakada to make you react" is already a slap in the face for both Emi and Sakada (who thought it was serious). But the "cheating on Sakada with someone else" probably killed any respect Emi had toward Mihashi. Then to top it of, in their final confrontation Mihashi tries to guilt-trip Emi and blames her for the mess she's in.
It makes it easy for Emi to drop Mihashi as cruelly as she did, and I don't blame her for that either: she doesn't owe Mihashi a second chance or even compassion, and she has many reasons to not give them to her.

^this too

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Emi isn't obligated to act on her feelings for Mihashi. As others said, normal rational people don't try to get people to express their feelings by sleeping around and getting pregnant. She's the type of woman that would cook your pet rabbit for supper.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

She's the type of woman that would cook your pet rabbit for supper.

That bastard!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Bitch! that rabbit had a family!
Well actual several because its a rabbit.

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 5:48PM

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

Ooooh, a doujin that isn't set in high-school, and with a MC who knows what's good for her.
Very refreshing.

Well you know what they say, the way to a lesbian's heart is through her stomach, so...

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 7:01PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ooooh, a doujin that isn't set in high-school, and with a MC who knows what's good for her.
Very refreshing.

Well you know what they say, the way to a lesbian's heart is through her stomach, so...

Really? But iif that's true why do they put their hands through...

You know what, I'm not gonna continue that sentence.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Well that was quick anyway I don't mind the story even if I sound like an a**** because I've seen this kind of stupidity in real life no happy ending for this two is fine.

Very refreshing.

^ LOL

Moe-chro-tw10
joined May 26, 2012

Something I'm not really seeing considered when blaming Emi for starting this; Where they work is apparently full of spiteful people. Mihashi goes to the maternity ward, gets seen, rumors jump to "Mihashi's cheating". Just being seen wouldn't necessarily be grounds for coming, partially, clean on what's been done when trying to hide it, those kinds of rumors would already need to be in place. Sakata's popular though, perfect reason to make the rumor one that could break the relationship. What possible reason could Emi have for wanting to start a relationship with her in that sort of toxic environment?
"They are seriously a pain in the ass". The line could be applied to practically anyone, including the people who make it risky for her to try and end up "losing" Mihashi to Sakata. She was aware that the relationship with him was for attention but it was only the cheating that was stated to drive her away, not merely the grabs for attention as a whole. "Is it mine?" "I would've been happy if it had been mine though." Before the cheating reveal, that chat was the chance to dodge the vicious coworkers; A pregnancy that broke a relationship, a "friend" helping raise the kid. A good enough cover to deflect some of the office drama.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Bitch! that rabbit had a family!
Well actual several because its a rabbit.

( palm in face ) Oy...

Oh pray tell, please do finish the sentence.

last edited at Aug 30, 2014 12:18AM

Tumblr_newo1nnh0a1r6wz1so1_500
joined May 2, 2013

That was even worse than the "Secret Husband Suprise" xD but i still liked it.

Unnamed%20(1)
joined Mar 11, 2013

All this discussion about one or the other being wrong...I've come to realize the title suits the story, indeed. It's called "Irrational Us" for a reason.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Wow, this is the second story with a 'f*ck-off' ending that we've gotten from Takeyima Jin.

Is this a recent thing? I hope this doesn't become a trend...

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Wow, this is the second story with a 'f*ck-off' ending that we've gotten from Takeyima Jin.

Is this a recent thing? I hope this doesn't become a trend...

What is the first one ?

Art11a
joined Feb 3, 2013

That was even worse than the "Secret Husband Suprise" xD but i still liked it.

got to admit, both jin-sensei and amano-sensei both make interesting plot twist this time. the wife-wife secret affair and girl who go as far as to get pregnant to get attention really make some great cliffhanger ending

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Long haired girl is just fucked up.
Just mere stupidity.
IMO, it's much easier confessing upfront rather than fucking up with someone else just to make the person you like to look at you

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

The whole "starting a meaningless relationship with Sakata to make you react" is already a slap in the face for both Emi and Sakata (who thought it was serious). But the "cheating on Sakata with someone else" probably killed any respect Emi had left toward Mihashi. Then to top it of, in their final confrontation Mihashi tries to guilt-trip Emi and blames her for the mess she's in.

It's fine for you not to be able to see how Emi is in the wrong. I won't bash you for it, both because that's rude and for one other reason: it's all a matter of ideals.

In the end it just comes down to good-ole fashioned "trolley problem" (look it up), and it is entirely up for the audience to interpret as they see fit.

I won't rank the two in terms of "oh she did worse" or "she was less wrong", because in my eyes both were in the wrong. The biggest problem with Emi in my eyes is the way she sees love. If she was never truly in love with Mihashi, I'd have no problem with it. In the end if she actually was in love, she should be able to stop Mihashi instead of somewhat-sadistically letting her dig her own hole and then ditching her in the end. But in the end that is my own opinion.

Hope this clears things up.

joined Jun 5, 2014

fair enough . .

i remember this happen to me back then, this girl wanted to get close to me and slept with my friends who i often hangout with.. by the time i realized it and by her confession .. it was already too late and so foolish of her.. the idea is that my friends told her that they can hook her up with me and told her that i'll notice her if she slept with them. .

last edited at Aug 30, 2014 1:06PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.