Forum › An Absurd Relationship discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Haha, I'd expect Type A stories to be first on their chopping block.

Actually, no. Type A stories, especially the ones about blushing schoolgirls, don't cause any protest because they are the exact kind of formulaic, no-risks-taken fast food for the eyes that such readers seem to crave from yuri. And woe to any author who dares to deviate from the formula and tell a different kind of story...

Not Ackerman, but personally, I disagree mainly with the length of the relationship she had with her boyfriend. She still went to love hotels with him, after all - that doesn't seem to be something that fits to a guy wealthy enough and serious enough to buy really expensive rings as a gift. You'd expect them to be at his home there.

( or so I interpreted https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_absurd_relationship_ch09#10 )

Ah yes, I didn't make the connection that the two of them went to the same hotel, and it is indeed weird that they have to meet somewhere else rather than just living together. That said, I have chosen the long-term relationship interpretation mainly because so many commenters were up in arms about Taneda "suddenly" having a boyfriend, when we, in fact, haven't known anything about her private life until that very chapter. My interpretation was simply to demonstrate that there is plausibly nothing sudden about her relationship, and, in fact, said relationship could explain some of her stranger personality quirks (like being instantly pegged for straight by Yamanaka and not knowing how to turn down unwanted suitors at a party). I do think that all other interpretations are valid, though, as long as they conform with established facts.

last edited at Dec 25, 2017 3:40AM

0meo12%20(2)
joined Sep 19, 2011

May I ask, what is Taneda's full name..??? ; v ;

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

May I ask, what is Taneda's full name..??? ; v ;

As far as I can tell, the only character in the entire manga who gets a given name is Yamanaka (Emi). Protagonist privileges, I guess...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Is this over with now then? I've been totally lost for awhile now, partly due to the break between uploads, so I've been intending to reread it but I wanted to wait until it was complete rather than risking another break and having to repeat the process later on.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I normally enjoy this author's work, but this series feels a bit rushed.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

You know, these two look just like the main pairing from "Sweet Temptation", another one of Takeyama Jin's work.

joined Apr 26, 2014

Great read!!!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Damn that Emi is hot as hell! I love that short hair and those eyes...

joined Aug 23, 2018

Yes not one of Takeyama Jin's strongest work's but I really enjoyed this, although my first read of it i thought the woman who got pregnant and who the main character turned away in Chapter 1, was Taneda and the whole story was how they got to that point. But nope I misread the whole thing. I see reading through this thread that I wasn't the only one.

I was hoping for that kind of story, I did think the first Chapter was great and I love Emi not falling for the other woman's blame game and turned her away. Great to see a Yuri Character not fall into "I take care of the child" crap, let's be honest many women would have had the reaction Emi had. The Time jump's did confuse me but it didn't totally ruin my enjoyment.

joined Apr 29, 2018

i'm really disgusted by toudou's ending! she practicly forced herself to marry a man for money while she is clearly a lesbian and above all she's now pregnant?! worst ending for this character. i was really hoping she would find real happiness not this.... fake wedding and forcing herself to have a kid like this i'm so disgusted! she was GAY! why this horrible ending!

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 1:18AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

...although my first read of it i thought the woman who got pregnant and who the main character turned away in Chapter 1, was Taneda and the whole story was how they got to that point. But nope I misread the whole thing. I see reading through this thread that I wasn't the only one.

Ditto!! And the misconception wasn't cleared up until the story definitively ended. Girl in the first chapter is "Mihashi-san," but we don't find out Taneda-san's name until chapter 7! (If there's an earlier reference, I haven't spotted it.) And they look enough alike that she could have passed for a younger version of Mihashi.

Maybe we could add something to the landing page, since there's no description there at all right now?

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 12:44AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Okay, I need to re-read this. The same face syndrome's got me confused as to who's who. I legit thought Taneda was the woman from the first chapter, rest of story is about how they got to that point, etc etc same misconception that others have had. Was also confused at first who Yamanaka was having sex/sharing wine with somewhere in the middle chapters. I'm pretty sure it was Touda, but now I need to read it again while having an accurate view of who's interacting with who lol.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Ditto!! And the misconception wasn't cleared up until the story definitively ended. Girl in the first chapter is "Mihashi-san," but we don't find out Taneda-san's name until chapter 7! (If there's an earlier reference, I haven't spotted it.) And they look enough alike that she could have passed for a younger version of Mihashi.

We actually do find out her name two pages into chapter 2, link. They really did look alike though when reading quickly. Hairstyles are different which is hard to catch without paying attention to detail and easy to rationalize as being from different time periods.

So I did re-read it and enjoyed it much more this time. Frankly I'm worried about how their relationship will go considering Yamanaka doesn't even have experience going on dates. Hilarious considering how much "experience" she has. I'm sure things will be fine for them, but they've got some shit to work out with Yamanaka for her to be in a committed relationship.

It gave me a really weird feeling overall though. Descriptive, I know. Sort of a mix of contentment and wonder? And I don't know why because their dialogue is so minimal but it's like every line has a purpose and makes sense for some reason. I liked it. Will need to read more of Takemiya Jin's works.

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

This confuses my monki brain so much. First she gets rejected cause she two times to catch her attention but then now in this after they get together?

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

This confuses my monki brain so much. First she gets rejected cause she two times to catch her attention but then now in this after they get together?

They're apparently not the same person. Just sameface syndrome.

Pollomonteros
joined Aug 10, 2014

I mean,the guy that the first girl was dating was also the same guy that later leaves the office,so there is no way both girls are the same

joined Dec 3, 2021

Bruh

joined Oct 9, 2022

Alright I just finished Irrational Us and I thought it was quaint. As usual Takemiya Jin's art is clean and although not as stylized as their usual stuff; the story is more of a character piece, which does mean the plot is noneventful a lot of the time. Being one of their works not released in anthologies, its structure is a lot tighter and more focused, but Takemiya Jin's typical form does bleed through in the work's writing, as many of the chapters begin and end similar to a short story would. This isn't a complaint but rather serves to display Takemiya's style more pronouncedly. As a character piece it works quite well—complimented by these structuring quirks—as Yamanaka was a quite interesting protagonist and I think how her façade of indifference remaining private to her was a nice touch to the core theme of her narrative.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Alright I just finished Irrational Us and I thought it was quaint.

But it's still going and up to chapter 27

To reply you must either login or sign up.