Forum › Posts by Kruom

Kruom
Image Comments 27 Feb 02:57
Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014
Camilla_and_hinoka_by_koyorin-d9x59dk

You should try the gay hack if you can install it. There should be more than enough yuri fluffiness in it to wash out the bad taste the original game left.

Kruom
Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

I'm seriously wondering what kind of fucked up person is in charge of the dormitory. Assigning the twin sister of her recently deceased roommate as Tachibana's new roommate is beyond incensitive.

Kruom
Lily Love discussion 17 Mar 03:43
Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

I don't know which game they're playing, but I'm fairly sure that wasn't a legal move. Cheater.

On a more serious note, when is this supposed to happen? I assumed they were in college, since they both look pretty much independent. But then, they're also wearing uniforms. Are uniforms a thing in Thai colleges?
Adding the appropriate tag would be nice.

Kruom
Their Story discussion 23 Nov 06:57
Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Ah nice :D
There is only one thing I'm a bit confused about: Are Xiao Tong and Qui Tong the same person and Xiao isn't a part of her name or could both of them be twins/look alikes?

Sun Jing is also called Xiao Jing by the girls on page 8. Google tells me that Xiao is an informal title that can be used when addressing an acquaintance younger than yourself.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Well, for the latter 6 years it seems pretty clear that Maki took Chisato's feelings seriously and waited for her, whether she admitted that to herself or not.

That doesn't really make it better to me. The more I think on it, the less I like this 'I will put my romantic life on hold and wait for you for years even though there's nothing concrete between us right now' mentality (not that Maki had any romantic life to begin with, but that's the other problem). Which is not helped by the fact 12-year old Chisato's love looks more like child/teenager infatuation than something serious.
I can honestly say I would have liked it better if after the 6-year timeskip both Maki and Chisato had found love and happiness with someone else, and their reunion consisted of them introducing their respective girlfriends to each other.

And I'm perfectly aware I'm putting too much thought in what is supposed to be a happy and fluffy one-shot.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

I liked it when I first read it, but at second glance it feels kinda depressing. First, the story makes it looks like Maki hasn't had a serious relationship during the 12 years it took Chisato to grow up. Then it seems everybody take it for granted Maki'll still be single 6 years later when Chisato comes back from boarding school, and it turns out she effectively is.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Anyone here have a vita I'm still contemplating if it's worth buying P4 golden is the only game that I know I want And maybe one of the love live games cough bibi version cough but I'm not buying a console for one game...

Many PSP games are available on the Vita (those that are downloadable on the PSN), and there are quite a few remakes of PS2 and PS3 games as well (Japanese games mostly). All those cross-platform titles even gives the Vita a good selection of games with yuri, if you're interested.
So if you don't have any Sony console, the Vita is quite a good investment.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Okay.... I'm confused.... In what chapter did Sacchan and ruki have sex? Because I feel like I missed something... Or maybe it's just that the chapters don't flow together right

Most of the Ruki/Sacchan relationship developments happened offscreen. They say during chapter 10 that it's already been one year since the events of chapters 4-5.

I think it's more that she's really depressed, in the clinical sense

I have to agree with that as well. I don't know what the author was aiming for, but Fue's lack of interest in everything, general apathy and sleeping pattern seem pathological.

Kruom
Your Fault discussion 10 Sep 04:31
Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

I think its just some sadism-masochism play between the senpai & MC2. Maybe I don't really get what NTR means to the others saying so here, but I don't think its more than the Sado-maso play that Kuzushiro already does, just with added sexual elements. Doesn't NTR mean 'not technicially r***', which has some elements of r*** but can't fully be claimed as such? I don't think this really has any except maybe the sex part with sado-maso play.

NTR stands for Netorare.
These are stories where the protagonist witnesses their lover/the person they love being seduced by and having sex with someone else. Ayaka's reaction after witnessing that is pretty much the whole point of NTR: powerless jealousy while being turned on.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

You are wrong in saying Emi had no idea of the second affair. She was shocked at the pregnancy because, you know, protection is a thing. No one can know the future but you don't have to be a psychic to see that Mihashi was digging a massive hole for herself for the sake of Emi, and Emi was at least partially, but completely, aware of such.

How do you get that from the story?

It's clear during the pregnancy announcement scene that Emi knew Mihashi was in a relationship with Sakata. In fact, it seemed common knowledge in their workplace, meaning they were probably open about it. And Emi doesn't look particularly shocked about the pregnancy either.

However, she's genuinely surprised to learn that Mihashi was having an affair on the side (unless you think she's faking it, but I don't buy that). At that point, you can see Emi slowly putting the pieces together, concluding that Mihashi wasn't the person she fell in love with, and deciding she wants nothing to do with her.

And just to be clear on that point: Mihashi wasn't doing anything for the sake of Emi, she was doing it for her own sake.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Not sure if you're trying to defend your ideals or Jin-sensei at this point. I think it's more than obvious that both are in the wrong for this one, just two different but connected types of wrong.

To answer your question about certainty, no, we can't be certain when Emi found out about the blonde's feelings, but based on the information given she knew at sometime before the pregnancy occurred.

Even when people screw up like the blonde did, it's pretty clear and obvious that Emi could have embraced her and tried to at least give her a shot, but her coldness and lack of courage made her just jump ship and put them both in a very depressing state.

Let me put it to you this way...we know this author, and if she wanted to make Emi a heroine, she would have made it more obvious and called the story "Irrational Her".

I'm struggling to see how Emi can be in the wrong here.

Sure, she never confessed, but so what? Neither did Mihashi. And it's not like they were lovers or a couple, so neither had any responsability toward the other or toward an inexistent relationship.

And why should Emi even reconsider Mihashi in the end?
The whole "starting a meaningless relationship with Sakata to make you react" is already a slap in the face for both Emi and Sakata (who thought it was serious). But the "cheating on Sakata with someone else" probably killed any respect Emi had left toward Mihashi. Then to top it of, in their final confrontation Mihashi tries to guilt-trip Emi and blames her for the mess she's in.
It makes it easy for Emi to drop Mihashi as cruelly as she did, and I don't blame her for that either: she doesn't owe Mihashi a second chance or even compassion, and she has many reasons to not give them to her.

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 1:47PM

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Anyway, I knew it's just a manga, but how does one looks (overly) attractive just to female while being avoided by males? I can imagine if she looks somewhat butchy, but she even far from being androgynous. And I bet guys likes androgynous girls too.

She does look attractive to everybody, it's just that she has a little something that makes men uninterested and that women can't resist. Personally, I blame yuri pheromones.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

eh this is a het in yuri clothing but i still have the capacity to find it cute if only for the very unique and tbh awesome interactions between the two here

You had me worried for a second here. I thought you meant it was going to turn het in the next chapters.

Kruom
Citrus discussion 12 Jun 05:20
Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

I'm not sure what Matsuri can realistically do with this picture.

• Showing it to Yuzu wouldn't accomplish much. Yuzu already saw Mei casually using her sexuality, so it won't be news to her. If anything, it might actually make Yuzu wants to help more to rid Mei of this habit. Even if Matsuri is going to try and misrepresent what happened, Yuzu is still going to listen to Mei's version before doing anythging.
  • Blackmailing Mei probably wouldn't work. She'd just brush it off with a "do whatever you want, I don't care".
  • Releasing it has no clear benefit either. It's going to make Matusri looks bad in Yuzu's eyes, and push her toward Mei to help her deal with the fallout. And there's a good chance there'd be no fallout anyway. Mei'd just ignore it by acting her usual cold, dismissing any query from her schoolmates with a "mind your own business". Her grandfather seem to have decided to let her be a teenager for the time being as well, so no intervention from him either.
Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

That's a nice surprise considering the whole controversy last year. I think this is a first for a big japanese game.
Still, my interest remains limited since at the end of the day FFXIV is just another MMORPG.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Kisaragi is quite the well-spoken troll, and Amemori gives as much as she takes when she's in the mood. Their verbal sparing makes this a lot more interesting than just another run-of-the-mill school romance for me. I hope this continues in the same style.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

It's quite clear that she called her ex-boyfriend, to try to patch things up between them. The first chapter kind of shows that the break up is more her fault than his, and I guess Mizuho/Ena's problems made her realise that relationships are more complicated than she first thought.

Aside from that, I really liked this manga. It felt more like adult relationship problems, solved in a realistic way. I appreciated the whole "love is not enough to make relationships work" part as well. And while this was cut short, it pretty much told the story it wanted to tell. In fact, it felt more like a one-shot that lasted 6 chapters than a series.

However, I still don't get the "she either loves me or hates me" dichotomy (which is also used by a lot of other stories). I mean, hatred is a pretty violent sentiment, and you don't need to "hate" someone to break up with them. For the japanese speakers here, has the original expression some nuance or alternate meaning that doesn't translate well in english?

Kruom
Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Welp, I knew the UFOs would be back. Didn't anticipate them being enemies of the Antarcticans, though. So it's possible they've broken their isolation in opposition to imminent invasion then. And quite possibly that's one of the end goals for the tiger men program as well.

There was a bit of foreshadowing about the aliens being enemies of the Antarcticans in chapter 21 (Sasasul's immediate reaction to the images of the sinking, and later implying they were at war with "indigenous people"). On top of that, she is seen asking her friend about UFOs in chapter 24, which indeed strengthens the idea that they are here to gather information more than anything.

Add to that the apparent hangings done by the Obama expy (presented as a good guy, no less), and you get a really creepy world for something that started as a light-hearted slice-of-life manga.

Kruom
Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

One element we haven't seen in a while are the UFOs. What faction are they with? Probably not the mer-folk. It seems an odd thing for the Antarcticans to do, especially since their technology tends towards biology than engineering. It's certainly far beyond what the amphibians are capable of, that's for sure. So...who? Some actor we haven't met so far?

When I first read it, I assumed that what Sasasul saw when she was young was the dissection of an alien. You know the story: UFO crashes unexpectedly, government dissects the aliens and studies their technology. But reading the latest chapters, it's possible they were actually building an organism instead of dissecting one.

I also just noticed that everytime we see the Antarcticans do something, it has to do with religion. "God" of the amphibians, fake god of the mer-folk, mountain god in tiger form. If you assume the UFOs/aliens are also an Antarctican creation, it starts to look like they are trying to study other peoples' superstitions. This would make sense since, according to Sasasul, their society doesn't have such complex beliefs system.

This explanation also fits well with the "alien" encounter of chapter 30, but I'll have to check the other mentions of UFO to see if it still matches. And I realise I am pinning everything on the Antarcticans right now, but I don't really have another suspect.

last edited at Jan 16, 2014 6:03PM

Kruom
Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

The Antarcticans are getting creepier with each chapter. First the "something" in the lab from Sasasul's flashback, then the false god, and now the genetically engineered killers. Even Sasasul's presence doesn't seem so innocent anymore. I wonder if they have a long term plan or are just messing around to see what happens.

Edit: And they're implied to arm the amphibians too.

last edited at Jan 16, 2014 3:10PM

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

I feel really stupid... but I'd be really glad if somebody explain me what happened in the last 2 chapters.

Chapter 3 switches a lot between the present day and Ena reminiscing some past events : if the girls are wearing winter clothes it's present day, and for summer clothes it's a flashback (they also have shorter hair sometimes).
I count 4 flashbacks : the first is when Mizuho invites Ena to her appartment and it's a mess, the second and third are when they gift each other necklaces. The last flashback is the important one. It starts when Mizuho says they should go to work separately and Ena, realising Mizuho might not be as committed as she thought, thinks of leaving but finally comes back. It's similar to the present day situation : Mizuho makes a comment that casts doubts on her commitment (she did this in chapter 2) and Ena thinks of leaving. The chapter ends with present Ena crying in the coffee shop like flashback Ena did.

Chapter 4 is a retelling of chapter 3's fourth flashback, but from Mizuho's point of view. To complicate things further, Mizuho's flashback has a flashback of its own, where's she's still wearing a school uniform. The last two pages are present Mizuho worrying Ena is going to leave for good this time..

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

This needs the "Lots of Hugging" tag for the whole manga, not just chapter two. There's hardly a chapter without a big hug.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

A relation is build by two, I don't think that Ena should make the first step... Always. I mean, I've been in situations where my pride didn't matter so much in a balance... But I wouldn't want to be in a relation where is an obligation to forgive, where there's no signal of changing, eventually you would feel that you're forcing things to go right alone knowing that your partner won't take the initiative.

I meant taking the first step in talking, confronting Mizuho instead of waiting for her to do something. To me, their relationship doesn't look like they go from problem to problem and Ena is always the one making the first step in solving them. It feels more like Mizuho's attitude slowly built up and eventually made Ena realise there was an underlying problem. She then walk away and come back, which made Mizuho realise in turn they have problem (possibly not knowing exactly what).
Yet none of them make a move.

And don't get me wrong : I do think Mizuho is the one who will have to make the effort to change, and I wouldn't blame Ena if, after they have their talk, she decides it's not going to work and ends the relationship. But doing nothing is the worst possible reaction.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

While Mizuho has her fair share of responsability for their relationship problems, Ena isn't blameless either. Remember that for what we saw in the flashback, she was the one to run away once Mizuho's insecurity flared up. She then came back expecting Mizuho to take the first step, without giving any indication she was going to do it herself. And her approach did not seem to have changed in the present day, despite previous failure.
I guess it's up to Kana to help them clear things up.