Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

really disappointed by the lack of development of sayaka, we didn't even saw her girlfriend, it's like she's no more than a side character now.

She was never more than a side character.

A side-character who already got to be the main character of her own spin-off. If one wishes to focus on her, then reading those LNs is the best option. She shouldn't take the spotlight in a story that isn't about her.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I thought Sayaka was the nice surprise in this chapter, didn't expect that at all.

I said it once & I'll say it again.
Nio Nakatani sensei thank you for giving us this great series looking forward to your next work.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This really was a great manga. As much as I enjoy the yuri genre it's not often we get a series I would feel comfortable describing as a work of art, but this was one of those rare gems. I'm a little sad Nakatani has stated she won't be doing another yuru series in the future but I look forward to what ever her next project is. I think perhaps she will have enough of a name now to basically work on whatever she wants. It would be neat to see her tackle something a bit more abstract and off beat next time.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Silly worrying Yuu, doesn't she know it's normal for roommates to share a bed these days...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Silly worrying Yuu, doesn't she know it's normal for roommates to share a bed these days...

...and a bathtub. And each other's lips. And their entire lives~

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko.
Yuu: "Well, this is rather alarming."
Touko: "So that's what you needed my DNA and hair samples for. You minx!"
Haru-chan: "KILL ME!!!!!! I WANT TO DIEEEEE!!!!"
Sayaka throws up her arms and goes: "My catchphrase!"
(cue laugh track from the completely legit live studio audience)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko.
Yuu: "Well, this is rather alarming."
Touko: "So that's what you needed my DNA and hair samples for. You minx!"
Haru-chan: "KILL ME!!!!!! I WANT TO DIEEEEE!!!!"
Sayaka throws up her arms and goes: "My catchphrase!"
(cue laugh track from the completely legit live studio audience)

If your comment was a chapter on the reader, it would surely include the following tags:
Comedy
What the fuck am I reading?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

...and a bathtub. And each other's lips. And their entire lives~

And all that. For a start.

Screenshot_20190601-150515~2
joined Jul 4, 2019

This really was a great manga. As much as I enjoy the yuri genre it's not often we get a series I would feel comfortable describing as a work of art, but this was one of those rare gems. I'm a little sad Nakatani has stated she won't be doing another yuru series in the future but I look forward to what ever her next project is. I think perhaps she will have enough of a name now to basically work on whatever she wants. It would be neat to see her tackle something a bit more abstract and off beat next time.

Where have you read about her not making a yuri series again? I've been looking for it, but can't find anything

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Be on the lookout for Nakatani's soon to be smash hit, 'Mio Nanami's Adventures In Another Land!'

Coming t-today wednesday

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Loved the time skip after fucking.

Such a milestone.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The color page was triumphant. I feared we wouldn't get a happy ending many chapters ago, but we did indeed.

joined Aug 23, 2018

Got a little teary eyed at the end, we've been on such a journey with these characters especially the central duo so happy we didn't get an ending that doesn't leave the audience disappointed. A nice sweet ending, not a major time skip either and clear to see both seem at ease in their relationship and have grown. Fantastic Yuri manga, for me the best of it's genre and definitely in for a shout of one of the best manga's ever for me. Perfect from start to finish, usually some manga's drag in places but not Bloom Into You.

I like to see another season or two of the anime. Even would love to see a live action TV show on it, it's that great. Definitely think this is a true masterpiece and a piece of art.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 11:52AM

joined Aug 23, 2018

really disappointed by the lack of development of sayaka, we didn't even saw her girlfriend, it's like she's no more than a side character now.

I thought she was getting a spin off from this series, I assume we see her girlfriend in that. Or was that just rumors.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Now, this is a proper ending, this is in my eyes a perfect yuri manga, well done ,very well done, I enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks Nio-Nakatani sensei and everyone who translated and scanlated <3

joined Feb 18, 2015

I absolutely LOVE the way she didn't show all of Yuu's left hand until page 15 when she waves to Touko and then you see the Promise ring, followed immediately by the picture of Touko with her ring on the next page.

All in all I thought this was a well done final episode. It showed enough of the future of the main couple to give us a HEA in progress feeling, while giving updates on the side plots as well with the obvious expansion of Echo; the open discussion about Riko between the manager and Touko about her not being able to go to the acting troupe as much as she used to; Sayaka's new girlfriend announcement, which I presume is something that we'll read about in the light novels about her; Rei living with Hiro and advocating for Yuu to move in with Touko (without telling mom that they are more than roommates), Koyomi's first novel being published; Yuu being out to at least a portion of her friends, since Natsuki teases her about wanting to finally meet her girlfriend, though evidently Doujima is still in the dark; Akira and Doujima appear to be dating at this point, which was expected; and Maki is still Maki, though possibly a slightly more mature version of himself... still the observer, just not quite so meddlesome.

It would have been nice to have the story cover the two young women moving in together and confronting their parents together as a couple. It seems that Yuu is not out to her parents yet, but, really, unless Yuu puts her ring on after leaving the house or Touko doesn't wear her ring when she goes to Yuu's family's house or store, it's almost certain that her mother will have seen the two of them together wearing the promise rings, or "couple rings" and it's clear that Yuu spends the night at Touko's apartment on a fairly regular basis. So unless her mother is completely naive, she should have figured out by now that there is something going on between the two of them, especially since her daughter has never mentioned any boys she was interested in throughout high school and college...

And on that note, it's clear that Yuu is getting close to being done with college, possibly quicker than Touko because of Touko concentrating more on acting than classes, since she's going to job fairs. (I liked the little dig that Sayaka got in on Touko about whether she was keeping up with her studies.) Job fairs are usually something you do starting around your junior year. Not something Touko needs to do, of course, since it sounds like she's already getting professional jobs, at least occasionally, in addition to college club performances and such.

It really wrapped things up well, with that one exception of not dealing with their relationship being open with their parents... But you can't have everything... Maybe that's in the bonus chapter in the volume?

That color page at the very end really got me

Yeah! It was super-effective!

EDIT: I'm trying to decide now if this is my favorite yuri manga of all time, or if "Girl Friends" is still in that spot... ("Whispered Words" was also very close...)... I'm thinking this one might just have bumped the rest down a notch...

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 12:08PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

If you consider the light novel (and you should because it's canon), Sayaka actually has the longest storyline in the YagaKimi universe.

joined Feb 18, 2015

If you consider the light novel (and you should because it's canon), Sayaka actually has the longest storyline in the YagaKimi universe.

Yeah, she's got her own sequel series in light novels, that ARE getting published in the US. How can that be considered lack of development?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And on that note, it's clear that Yuu is getting close to being done with college, possibly quicker than Touko because of Touko concentrating more on acting than classes, since she's going to job fairs. (I liked the little dig that Sayaka got in on Touko about whether she was keeping up with her studies.)

That was a little thing I was wondering about--both the question and Touko's hesitation in answering.

(It's not like Sayaka to have Touko at a loss in regard to academics, so, as you say, she apparently has expanded her horizons beyond book learning.)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sure, my point being that Nakatani deftly dealt with all the Sayaka-love among readers by splitting her off into the LNs rather than having her impinge narratively on the MCs.

In terms of the manga itself Sayaka was the most present and significant (in the latter regard tied with the dead but omnipresent Mio) of the secondary characters.

When I get a good deal more time than I have at the moment I'm planning on doing a paean to Sayaka as a fictional construction. Preview: Nakatani-sensei has done an amazing job of creating an exceptional version of a character type that is usually among my least favorite.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

GROWN UP YUU <3

joined Jun 30, 2016

What an amazing story, i love it from start to finish, that ending was fantastic! i would have like it if they had shown Sayakas girlfriend though haha! btw the meaning on Yuu and Toukos rings its sooo fitting to both of them! :D

G-xnwzom_400x400
joined Sep 26, 2019

All great things must come to an end as they say. It was a roller coaster of emotions, but one I'll never regret riding. A truly beautiful story.

I'll have to thank Nakatani-sensei and anyone who worked on this series by buying the volumes the next time I get a chance.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Perfect.
Considering we're getting the Sayaka novel(s) translated as well it's even more perfect. Which they will probably release around the same time as the 7th manga volume since that one also releases in February.
The perfectest.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 3:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.