Forum › Posts by Looper007

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

One of my favourite Yuri's. A bit of shame we didn't get more of anime as for me the story gets far more interesting where the anime stops.

I like the ending, it's one of those that gets better once you give it a reread and it feels fitting for this story. Sure it probably would have done with a few less chapters and one or two of the other storylines weren't as strong as central one (Kyouko with her male childhood sweetheart for example) but I like the stuff involving the plays and hanging out with friends and also Fumi's relationship with her cousin Chizu. Akira and Fumi are great two main characters, and I like that Fumi doesn't throw herself onto Akira and makes sure she's comfortable.

I'd definitely have this top 20 of my favourite manga's.

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

I really liked this one, sure Touko doesn't get called out for her b.s behaviour and gets a better ending then she deserves.

But the main couple were sweet, and the side characters were fun. And it didn't overstay it's welcome and we got a nice ending. So don't regret having read it.

joined Aug 23, 2018

Don't usually post here but this story has really gripped me. Even with lashings of the sex involved, it's rather sweat and down to earth in places and I wasn't expecting that at all.

Nanao's has got to be my favourite character in this whole story. Just so loveable, I think this latest chapter and I think chapter 14 (I could be wrong) when she goes to her first visit to the brothel herself, which even with sex involved didn't come off smutty but rather tender that it got me rather teary eyed. I really hope the main aim is for her and Asumi to end up together.

It feels to me personally that Mai is more a macguffin for this story then been a big central character then I first thought. And for me that's a nice interesting twist if it continues that way. Also I don't want to see Nanao pushed to the side as she's my favourite character.

last edited at May 30, 2023 8:34AM

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

Weird, it felt like a natural conclusion for me with this manga. Wouldn't have thought it was short cause it was axed. Really enjoyed this one a lot, no real complaints. Loved the central couple and the side couple probably had a lot more depth then could have gotten for a axed series. I don't think it would have helped this story if they dragged out the main characters romance for too much longer.

Besides Ema who felt very underwritten maybe delving into Hibiki relationship with her father, I think the main couple and side couple got happy endings. The author did a amazing job to tie pretty much everything up with a nice bow.

last edited at Jan 28, 2021 2:01AM

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

really disappointed by the lack of development of sayaka, we didn't even saw her girlfriend, it's like she's no more than a side character now.

I thought she was getting a spin off from this series, I assume we see her girlfriend in that. Or was that just rumors.

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

Got a little teary eyed at the end, we've been on such a journey with these characters especially the central duo so happy we didn't get an ending that doesn't leave the audience disappointed. A nice sweet ending, not a major time skip either and clear to see both seem at ease in their relationship and have grown. Fantastic Yuri manga, for me the best of it's genre and definitely in for a shout of one of the best manga's ever for me. Perfect from start to finish, usually some manga's drag in places but not Bloom Into You.

I like to see another season or two of the anime. Even would love to see a live action TV show on it, it's that great. Definitely think this is a true masterpiece and a piece of art.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 11:52AM

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

Okey im gonna say it.
I think this is the next big yuri after Bloom into You & Citrus!

I think it's better then Citrus, not quite on the same level as Bloom Into You. It's definitely deserving to be in the top tier of Yuri Manga's for sure. It's one of those Yuri's that slip's under the radar.

I'm not Grade A die hard level Yuri fan and I probably be shot down for this, but this reminds me a bit of the classic Milk Morinaga's Gilrfriend's, but imagine if Morinaga skipped the whole will they won't they and just started with them as a couple. It's rather sweet, all the side characters are great and the central romance is believable. I think this would make for a great adaption for an Anime or a one off anime.

Looper007
Unfaithful discussion 11 Sep 14:29
joined Aug 23, 2018

That poor MC is just a doormat to everyone in her life. Her GF, clearly doesn't love her and only has her around cause she's her unpaid maid. Interesting that the MC said it's gone on for years. Definitely got vibes too of it been abusive.

The ending just adds onto the misery, that she's going to end up with probably someone who's a lot more dangerous and will probably be violent to her.

Good read.

Looper007
Shadow Love discussion 08 Sep 01:51
joined Aug 23, 2018

Really liked this one, was expecting at the end that Ai and Miyako were in a cahoots to break up a friendship by just getting with Hikari and Maho for a bet or something.But it ended up on a happy note, maybe a end of a friendship as Hikari is probably copped on that Maho is a bit of a dunce. All the characters are flawed, Maho is a bit of a dumbass and probably a heartless one as Ai says,and Ai probably suits Hikari better anyway. Also like that Ai and Miyako both dislike each others partners.

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

One of those manga's that actually you aren't afraid to say is a masterpiece. Could easily see this been made into a live action TV show, just feels so down to earth and real. It's funny that love scene didn't feel out of place at all and fully warranted as it was the next step in their love and relationship. I read that chapter 45 is it's last chapter, if it is then unless the author doesnt leave us with a decisive ending or does something crazy, this has to go down as one of the greatest Yuri Manga's, or one of the greatest manga's of any genre really.

joined Aug 23, 2018

See the hairdresser ex been thrown into the mix for sure, more heartbreak on it's way. Damn the main character sure does know how to pick 'em doesn't she. I think the poor hubby is in for a world of hurt, i like that they don't throw the usual trope of him been a scumbag so far. I don't know I have a feeling this one isn't going to end well. Really like it so far.

joined Aug 23, 2018

so the mains of blue flowers or some other work of her end up with a dude at the very end as "twist"?

A side character who was interested in a girl later gets back together with her fiance and marries him. It's neither sudden, nor a twist. Honestly, that development has more build-up than the main characters getting back together. But from Aoi Hana and some of his other works, I don't think the author suddenly switches things around for the hell of it. The character arcs generally feel driven by actual character development, though often in a kind of twisted way. So that's why this promises to be interesting.

I was just wondering was this the manga that got one season as a Anime. I definitely agree it sidelined the main couple far too much, and the ending isn't everyone's cup of tea. I did like the more adult themes it took with it's Yuri, especially the main girl with glasses, been used and abused by her older female cousin who leaves her heartbroken and runs off to get married. Also the popular tomboy character having the twist of been in love with her sisters man. I always thought Aoi Hana was a more art house Yuri in a way, which is probably silly thing to say lol.

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

I can just tell this story isn't going to end well at all. I don't mean someone's going to die or anything. Even now I think Amane needs to cut all three of these girls out of her life just to start afresh and move on just for her own happiness. Been around Nene will just cause her more suffering and Senpai is going to be nothing but trouble if he let's her get her claws into her deeper. Kou is young and innocent to the whole romance thing and is going to end up like Amane before too long. I think she will learn a lesson from all this.

I still feel uneasy about Nene, I know some are painting Senpai as the villain but Nene seems like she's nothing but trouble too. I wouldn't be surprised if she's only dating Kou to get rid of Amane and then she dump Kou when she has no use for her anymore.I expect a twist of Nene and Senpai working together.

I'm loving this manga so far.

joined Aug 23, 2018

I'm not a fan of cheating just makes the cheater less sympathetic straight off the bat. But I liked how this played out in the first chapter and definitely keeping a eye on this one. I definitely see this getting really really angst very quickly, and poor waitress heart been dragged all over the place by the teacher who will blow hot and cold on her. It be nice to see the husband character not be portrayed as a bastard or scumbag for once too but we wait and see on that one.

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

I'm hoping the Yuri romance is the stuff set in the past with the Mother and the MC. And the stuff with the daughter is more about the MC beginning to opening herself up and forgetting the past. The age gap is a little to big and it could end up like Hitchcock's Vertigo lol with the MC wanting to project her past love onto the kid. But I like the first chapter a lot and it's a promising start.

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

Definitely think this isn't going to be happy go lucky Yuri and things aren't going to end well for Kotoko. I like darker more downbeat works rather then always happy go lucky ones. Also love how well developed Kotoko friends are, I assume they be playing a bigger part in this. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up been completely different then what I'm expecting. But Tsutsuji will probably end up been a crazy stalker a la like the film Single White female, who takes over Kotoko's life and drives her insane.

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 2:34PM

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

I love work that brings in a healthy discussion. Not every Yuri has to have a happy ending and be full of fluff. I love a punch to the gut type ending, that makes you reread it over again to see what you missed.

I love that the MC was a flawed human being, and I'm sure a lot of relationships end up more like this one then in the fluffy Yuri stories.

joined Aug 23, 2018

I'm not sure what to make of the ending
I don't know if it'a happy one or not, seems to have landed on the negative, despite what happened

It's pretty much a downbeat ending form what I read, seems like she was used up and spit out by her crush. Not a happy ending that's for sure.

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

Sure the ending was rushed, could have done with a few more pages. But overall really enjoyed this, didn't go where i was expecting.

Looper007
Citrus + discussion 18 Dec 19:15
joined Aug 23, 2018

Prediction: Rumors will increase and as the pressure of their relationship being discovered mounts, one will break up with the other and the cycle of drama will recommence.

Less of the Drama for this season and bit more fun, also would like more of the side characters to get more of a spotlight. Any more drama like the first part and it would really be overkill. Yuzu and Mei in more lovey dovey moments. Also I'd like to see a new romance probably take center stage if it's between Harumi and Matsuri would be nice. Also some new characters wouldn't go amiss.

I would like this to have a different feel to the first Citrus really and not more of the same. But great to have it back.

Looper007
Touma-kun discussion 18 Dec 01:15
joined Aug 23, 2018

I like this, Touma is a player and this is what they do, doesn't matter of their sex or preferences. If you don't agree with it, then I can see why some hate it. Chapter 6 I think is there to make you like her a bit more. But I see reading this thread is split into you like Touma or you don't. She's a plot device to the other characters stories.

The only time I really felt bad for anyone was Yuki who asked Karen (Chapter 2) out. I don't know just feels like Karen chose her as her second choice and just doesn't seem that into Yuki. Karen came off like a bit of a arrogant sod and really unlikeable. Besides that the only girl it seems Touma has feelings for was the one in chapter 6. The other's are just there for fun and romp around. Maybe the Nurse is the closet she has to any sort of feelings.

last edited at Dec 18, 2018 3:14AM

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

This manga is really interesting. I feel like I'm reading a polyamory instead of a love triangle.

I don't see the polyamory at all in this manga. I think Nagi's feeling's for Tamaki, went out the window when she saw her kiss Yuu. Nagi cares more for Yuu and clearly has fallen for her. Tamaki is clearly still besotted by her Ex and I don't think she's that bothered with having Yuu and Nagi around. Tamaki's ex I have to wait and see what happens in the third chapter, but so far it seems to me she's doing the exact same thing to Tamaki that Tamaki is doing to Yuu, basically playing with her feelings for a laugh. Could be wrong on that and the Ex is just trying to act cool in front of her friends and clearly loves Tamaki in secret. I doubt it but it could happen.

Yuu and Nagi are the real romance in this manga.

last edited at Dec 13, 2018 11:29PM

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

I'm really liking this, it's so obvious that Tamaki is using poor Yuu and clearly has feelings for her ex. Although her ex, Is playing Tamaki in the exact way that Tamaki is playing with poor Yuu's heart. The sad thing is as much as Yuu think's Tamaki is this cool person, she's exactly the mirror image of Yuu and is playing a part.

Nagi is such a loveable lead character, first she falls for Tamaki cause she's the cool stunning beauty. But gradually she sees through Tamaki, and she begins to see the true Yuu hiding behind all the make up, trying to be Tamaki's ex and going crazy at Yuu for hitting on Tamaki. She see's a lonely, sad and loving teenage girl who's not been true to herself. You could say that about everyone in this story really.

I wonder if Tamaki even cares for Yuu and Nagi as friends. She's a bit tougher to read in that sense.

Looper007
P=NP? discussion 13 Dec 20:13
joined Aug 23, 2018

i feel like that girl is lying to her

Not just lying but using her. I just don't see this been a happy end for short hair one, shes really into Blondie but I don't think it's the same the other way round. Aside from buying her a flower and looking somewhat sorry when short hair snapped at her, but a user will do anything to make her sure the one she's using is kept happy. I liked the one shot but I'm definitely in the camp of this not been such a happy ending.

Looper007
joined Aug 23, 2018

That art and that hat. Yes please.

This is giving me some "Carol" vibes... Maybe it's just me.

I don't believe I've heard of that one?

Carol is a movie, with Galadriel from LotR seducing a young french clerk girl.

She's not French, Rooney Mara is an American in it. Carol is well worth watching excellent. If this manga is anything like Carol then this should be awesome.