Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

joined Jun 30, 2016

A polyamory ending?! damn gotta say i didnt saw that one coming! i though Nene was only using Taru-Taru as an escape and not really loved her, also bitch senpai give up to easily! but how cares threesome for the win!

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 11:04AM

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Poly end?! I thought she might of ended up with senpai but this is okay too

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This rushed conclusion makes all claims to polyamory being the best outcome void. As per usual it is a unrealistic and forced "happy" end that simplifies relationship dynamics too much. Hmph.

BugD, it's pretty clear that there's a strong contingent of yuri readers for whom the final shipping outcome is the be-all and end-all of a story, no matter how artificially or arbitrarily the story gets there. I probably don't need to cite examples of some of the more egregious examples of "happy" endings that skip over all the hard parts that the rest of the story had set up, where as long as we get to squee over the right kind of lovey-dovey images in the finale, all is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

If it were possible to argue such readers out of their positions, the story itself would have already done that for you.

While I was mostly joking for the sake of the rivalry, I do understand that some people are overly content with any happy ending, no matter whether it's earned or not.
In this particular case I feel bad for Iwami Kiyoko, as she never got the chance to show us whether she had the ability to make polyamory believable. The story was axed and the conclusion had to be rushed. I can't think of any rushed ending that would have been satisfying in this context, so I don't fault people for getting their pay-off where they can.
Now the real issue comes in when longer or none-axed series just rush into a sudden happy end like this.

Luminous=Blue would have benefited from just keeping it simpler and sticking with the exes reunited ending I believe. A poly ending requires the utmost set-up and care.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 11:31AM

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

Lmao what was that

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

A REALLY FUCKING RARE END...

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Luminous=Blue would have benefited from just keeping it simpler and sticking with the exes reunited ending I believe. A poly ending requires the utmost set-up and care.

Set up? Pfff, please. What set up beyond cute girls being gay do you need?

Yuri is about girls being lovely-dovely, and the more girls and more lovely-dovely the better.

Just inject distilled yuri into my veins.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 12:08PM

joined Oct 23, 2016

I said, "Polyamory!" outloud and raised my arms. It's a good thing no one is in the room with me, because they would defentetly be giving me weird stares.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yuri is about girls being lovely-dovely, and the more girls and more lovely-dovely the better.

Quality Quantity > Quality > Quantity.
Less is more when the Les stuff is less than quality.

If all you desire is the result you will end up cutting corners and then everything stagnates.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 12:16PM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch09#18

Reaches with her right hand, next frame is holding hands not lewd! with her left hand :/

Her pinky is really fat in the top frame, eh? Lolz

The series was axed so hard she lost her right arm and now uses 2 left ones

It's a shame how the series turned out because the art and the style really hooked me on

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

OH WHOA!
horay for the poly!
one of the best endings in a romance i ever see

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

that polyamory came out of no where and lasted 4 pages..

Right

The whole ending was so rushed

I don't disagree that it feels rushed, but I disagree that it came out of nowhere. I had a feeling that it was where these characters wanted to be, but there's a strong bias against it from most people, so I didn't expect the author to actually go there.

I'm honestly a little impressed.

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

I mean, after rereading the whole thing again with the ending in mind... well, it seems fairly plausible. The intention seems to be for Kou to reconcile them, and in doing so endear her to Nene and Amane after they reconciled, they bring Kou as well.

In fact, rereading this whole makes it feels less rushed, imo. Sure, it's a bit too fast, but well, they are young!

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

What... I thought she was gonna get shipped to awful sempai, then they come with a poly ending.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 1:44PM

Imgonline-com-ua-compressed-x85kp90svyulj
joined Jul 21, 2017

Again axed? Are you kidding me?!

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's pretty obvious this manga was building up to this ending in retrospect and it just had to rush it. The people acting like it came out of nowhere are just too wrapped up in monogamy as the default and had their blinders on to all the obvious buildup.

joined Jan 6, 2017

It's pretty obvious this manga was building up to this ending in retrospect and it just had to rush it. The people acting like it came out of nowhere are just too wrapped up in monogamy as the default and had their blinders on to all the obvious buildup.

It was pretty obvious, but the series hadn't gotten to the point where this ending really made sense. Amane wasn't developed enough and Taru (at least to me) felt like she hadn't quite gotten to the point where she was in love with both of them, it felt more like she was in love with their relationship. The polygamy is great, but it didn't have enough build up to it.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

No, the poly stuff isn't entirely surprising - there always was the clear suspicious with the old feelings of the love interests still very present and the heroine having no clear 'true love'. But that doesn't mean that forcing a conclusion like this makes any sense, or makes for a good read. ^^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Putting aside the amateur psychologizing about other people's motives, the problem isn't that the poly ending came out of nowhere--it's that it's a preposterous ending at this point in the story.

Sorta like a war story that was obviously going to end with the good guys winning, but they skipped over everything but the very end of the final battle.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

It was pretty obvious, but the series hadn't gotten to the point where this ending really made sense. Amane wasn't developed enough and Taru (at least to me) felt like she hadn't quite gotten to the point where she was in love with both of them, it felt more like she was in love with their relationship. The polygamy is great, but it didn't have enough build up to it.

I agree there wasn't enough buildup to it. Maybe if we had a few chapters after they reconcile where we get to spend some time with Taru and have her come to some sort of self-realization about her feelings for them this ending would go over a lot smoother. I love poly endings, and they are incredibly rare in love-triangle stories like this, but it feels somewhat unnatural here.

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

I enjoyed the series for the most part but that ending felt like it was rammed into my face at full speed, bit of a shame.

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

Wait... if Kou ended up with them two then who is gonna date the cutie pie Sensei. smh my head.

me

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Ah, I see you're a person of culture as well.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I agree there wasn't enough buildup to it. Maybe if we had a few chapters after they reconcile where we get to spend some time with Taru and have her come to some sort of self-realization about her feelings for them this ending would go over a lot smoother. I love poly endings, and they are incredibly rare in love-triangle stories like this, but it feels somewhat unnatural here.

Sure, but any romantic resolution from the point they were at would have felt awkward and rushed due to the apparent chapter constraint. It would have felt just as weird for the exes to get together and then just sweep the chemistry the author had established between the three of them under the rug it just would have been easier to ignore that weirdness because monogamy is the expected ending in romance even if it's abrupt and scantly developed. Of the options available I'd rather this one than any of the alternatives especially considering how much I love that last page.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

The only way this wouldn't seem plausible is if you were one of the Nene haters who assumed she was using Kou - even though it was obvious she had real emotion toward Kou as well. You were wrong and you need to accept it. Certainly an unexpected outcome, but only because we so rarely actually see it happen, not because it wasn't built up to. It does make sense, the groundwork for it WAS laid, and as such I'm totally happy with it. (Excepting the fact that the teacher didn't get a girl of her own, but.)

Thank you very much for your work on this series, Piranhaplant.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 8:40PM

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Hmm yes record everything.
*Insert and then they all fucked meme

To reply you must either login or sign up.