Forum › Liberty discussion

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I hope senpai continues to be a bitch to Liz.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This chapter seems to be under the mistaken impression that it’s part of a story whose readers are sympathetic to Liz.

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 6:22AM

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Well senpai is right work is work and I don't like how Liz treat Maki. She not your toy girl don't hit or slap or make her sleep on the floor like that.

joined Apr 30, 2014

What a bitch - people who use the "just for work" excuse are cowards who won't own up to things they've done.

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 12:03PM

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

Liz is awful man, poor maki deserves better.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Daz right, work is work but you're still an awful human senpai.

last edited at Sep 20, 2019 9:36PM

joined Oct 13, 2015

Every character in this manga is detestable,
Except perhaps for that bi band member. Can't we just swing the manga to be about her? She's cute, likes girls, has a style which stands out more than Liz and hasn't done anything to piss me off yet.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Trouserwitz posted:

If I pour salt on this, will it shrivel?

it will only become even saltier

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

RuneHex posted:

Someone tell me why this updates once every year. I think it might be faster to learn Japanese and then find the raws haha

It wouldn't. It's published in Galette, which is released 4 times a year. Right now there are 11 volumes of Galette and new chapter of Liberty was in every one of them except for 1, so it's currently up to date. Next time do your research before complaining. Not to mention you're reading it for free in the first place.

woah woah, I didn't mean to offend ya. I was genuinely curious. not complaining. Sometimes scanlator groups get into conflicts about translations and whatnot, but I don't know about that most of the time. So I just thought someone would know about the status in the forum. Didn't think what I said would be interpreted as "complaining" though.. I know I'm reading it for free and I'm grateful for the translators and redrawers for their hard work. Please don't come at me when I'm just excited about reading this series

Thanks for telling me about how its publication. Now I know and I'll keep my expectations in check ok? man...

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 1:22AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

RuneHex posted:

Thanks for telling me about how its publication. Now I know and I'll keep my expectations in check ok? man...

Np, but "I think it might be faster to learn Japanese and then find the raws haha" really does sound like your typical complaining about slow releases on forum, so you can understand my reaction.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 8:33AM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

RuneHex posted:

Np, but "I think it might be faster to learn Japanese and then find the raws haha" really does sound like your typical complaining about slow releases on forum, so you can understand my reaction.

I suppose? Though I still kinda think it was unwarranted since I wasn't commenting on those slow release forums but rather the series' comment section. Plus I'm sure in the future if you did find someone who was actually being ungrateful about translations, your wording would most likely produce the opposite effect. I normally just lurk on here so that was the first time someone actually was out to get me. You can see that it really surprised me!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

RuneHex posted:

Though I still kinda think it was unwarranted since I wasn't commenting on those slow release forums but rather the series' comment section.

If I understand what you mean by "release forums" it's irrelevant. 1. there's plenty of groups that only use dynasty to release their work, so series' comment section is basically their comment section 2. "5. This isn’t the place for stuff like “WHERE IS THE NEXT RELEASE”. Any similar badgering/demands will be removed if they get obnoxious. Badgering the scanlators is poor form." rule exist.

Also calling them "slow release" is again wrong in this specific case, since their releases are actually really fast.

Plus I'm sure in the future if you did find someone who was actually being ungrateful about translations, your wording would most likely produce the opposite effect.

From my experience it usually does nothing, because they never actually check comments again. They only want to complain about lack of new releases. I know there's issue with tone in just written text, but I really tried to be as civil as possible with my reply. Saying stuff like "Now to wait another year for new chapter" is one of the most common complains, so your line did fall very close to it. Still it was clear you were asking a honest question, hence why I didn't copy that part. My issue most lied with your assumption that there are untranslated raws out there and instead of waiting for (lazy) group to (finally) translate it, it'd be faster to just learn a whole new language and read it yourself. Again, you didn't directly complain, but you can see how the implication was there. Too many people feel entitled to new, fast releases, ignoring the fact it's often not easy, takes time and can cost money, while they can read end result completely for free. I only wanted to remind that.

I normally just lurk on here so that was the first time someone actually was out to get me.

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong and admit my mistake, but saying I'm "out to get you" is a little. I simply read your post and saw it as a complaining. It's not like I insulted you or anything. Just gave you 2 simple reasons why it felt inappropriate.

Since it's not like I want to argue with you and there's really nothing to argue about, I was considering simply ignoring it, but concluded I don't want to leave any misunderstandings, as if I was specifically stalking your comments or something, so I decided to clarify.

joined Apr 15, 2013

sigh

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I finally figured it out. This author is deliberately trying to make me hate their work even more. It is a brilliant tactic. And it is fucking working like a charm.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

lol

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

sigh

Same. Feels.

Fbeff6ae5beor
joined Sep 22, 2018

There’s always a bigger fish.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Lolled at "cool senpai". She's "sketchy senpai", like watch out what she's gonna do with you.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Y'know. For the actual history they have, this reaction totally fits. Like, yeah, it's not like Sumire did anything particularly cruel or abusive, they just broke up. It sucked, but that's all it was. Naturally, if senpai shows up again, and acts all cool and charismatic and flirty, she's going to be swayed. Totally. Sure.

Now, if only Izumi hadn't acted like a violent weirdo for the last ten chapters, ostensibly because she's just that hurt because of what this woman did to her, then the fact that she's immediately turning to goo after spending five minutes alone with her would be fine. If her grudge held any weight whatsoever, even if it was utterly undeserved, then it would at least reflect some deeper pain on her part, but as it turns out, even she didn't care about it that much. She was just using her mildly unpleasant experience as an excuse to be an awful person. That's amazing.

God. I think the only way I can see this actually going well, is if all three of them get together, Izumi has a total meltdown, reveals their "dark" past, and Sumire's just like, "Yeah, she was always like this. That's the actual reason I broke up with her. I thought she'd gotten better, but she's actually even worse than before? Damn. But hey, you're pretty cute, let's go for a drink." And then Maki and Sumire ride off into the sunset and have an actual healthy relationship where nobody gets treated as a punching bag. The end.

last edited at Dec 2, 2019 7:45PM

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Y'know. For the actual history they have, this reaction totally fits. Like, yeah, it's not like Sumire did anything particularly cruel or abusive, they just broke up. It sucked, but that's all it was. Naturally, if senpai shows up again, and acts all cool and charismatic and flirty, she's going to be swayed. Totally. Sure.

Now, if only Izumi hadn't acted like a violent weirdo for the last ten chapters, ostensibly because she's just that hurt because of what this woman did to her, then the fact that she's immediately turning to goo after spending five minutes alone with her would be fine. If her grudge held any weight whatsoever, even if it was utterly undeserved, then it would at least reflect some deeper pain on her part, but as it turns out, even she didn't care about it that much. She was just using her mildly unpleasant experience as an excuse to be an awful person. That's amazing.

God. I think the only way I can see this actually going well, is if all three of them get together, Izumi has a total meltdown, reveals their "dark" past, and Sumire's just like, "Yeah, she was always like this. That's the actual reason I broke up with her. I thought she'd gotten better, but she's actually even worse than before? Damn. But hey, you're pretty cute, let's go for a drink." And then Maki and Sumire ride off into the sunset and have an actual healthy relationship where nobody gets treated as a punching bag. The end.

YES

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I finally figured it out. This author is deliberately trying to make me hate their work even more. It is a brilliant tactic. And it is fucking working like a charm.

We’ve established that Momono Moto is just doing the art on this one, correct?

Not that I always love her work, but this one seems particularly brain-dead, plot and character-wise.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

We’ve established that Momono Moto is just doing the art on this one, correct?

Not that I always love her work, but this one seems particularly brain-dead, plot and character-wise.

The story is Kitta's, yeah. She is not primarily a writer. It shows... She is a voice actress. This fandom will best know her for being the voice of Kuroki Tomoko.

Edit: I just checked, "Liberty" is literally her first ever writing project.

last edited at Dec 2, 2019 9:29PM

joined Jun 30, 2016

wtf you are you fucking serious? im reaaaly starting to hate this stupid girl.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I like Momono Moto arts, but this story is kinda bland. Kitta Izumi hopefully you’ll get better in writing the rest.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Edit: I just checked, "Liberty" is literally her first ever writing project.

Ahh that makes a lot of sense then. The characters are just so lackluster.

To reply you must either login or sign up.