Forum › Tsurezure Biyori discussion

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 17 pg 13, "It doesn't have mean anything you know!!!" -> "It doesn't have to mean anything you know!!!"

page fixed https://mangadex.org/chapter/680242/13

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

This is sooooo lovely, I can't have enought of this :')

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is sooooo lovely, I can't have enought of this :')

Yeah, I was having a day that wasn’t actually a “bad day,” but with a lot of little things going not quite right, and it’s almost shocking how much this cheered me up.

And not just the cute progress, but also for the excellent execution of the storytelling. As I’ve said before, for a genre that’s defined by being fluffy and feel-good, this series has a surprising degree of emotional depth.

BlueStallion44
joined Aug 29, 2016

Haru did the moon walk for a second but obviously she got her luck back lol. And actually Fuyu did do what her fortune said and she was confident and decisive. I was thinking “where is the yuri” for a long time now but it’s clear that the four main characters are in two ships. And I’m glad they got to kiss outside the dream. It took Haru longer to realize her feelings and she has to spend slice of life time with Fuyu. So I am really enjoying this!

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 9:56AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Be sure to clear your floor of obstacles before doing lots of moonwalking, kids

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 10:01AM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Woah, I can't believe they actually kissed. I live the trope of dreams that move the plot along like that.

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 10:30AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Still wanted to actually see at least one of these kisses directly. Everything else has been fantastic in these three last chapters.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

mrw ch17
https://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 11:13AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Well..... didn't see that happening so soon... nice development!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

YASSS!!

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Ah~ youth and summer

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

So sweet, and wow that's a whole lot of blushing

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

THESE SWEET LESBIANS ARE ALWAYS KILLING ME I SWEAR

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So... this would need a lolicon tag, like Skeeter Rabbit.

A loli kissing another loli is still a lolicon according to the usual logic.

But I don't expect Dynasty to add it, because the tagging here is inconsistent and they only tag lolicon ecchi stuff.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Both this series and Skeeter Rabbit have characters who are first-year high school students

iirc Characters in Skeeter Rabbit are middleschool girls not JK.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Both this series and Skeeter Rabbit have characters who are first-year high school students

iirc Characters in Skeeter Rabbit are middleschool girls not JK.

Could be right—it’s not one I read regularly.

(I’m fine with ecchi manga, just not ones as brain-dead as that.)

The point is, Lolicon says something relevant about that one, but not about this one.

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 2:14PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Blastaar posted:

Both this series and Skeeter Rabbit have characters who are first-year high school students, true. But in Skeeter Rabbit the characters are highly sexualized, to say the least (not to mention also having sexualized characters who are even younger than the leads); in this one, obviously, they’re not.

To add a “lolicon” tag to Tsurezure Biyori would not only not be accurate or informative, it would be quite misleading.

A kiss is not sexualization? In this case, it is, however I look at it.

Don't get me wrong. I do not argue in favor of actually tagging this "lolicon".

I just think, on the contrary, that Skeeter Rabbit shouldn't have been tagged that way. Sexualization of young girls or not. The MC just like girls. That she'd like girls her age sounds normal. If she grows up later in the story and aims at younger girls, okay.

Anyway, you just confirmed what I thought: lolicon is added to warn about teens (or younger) thinking about sex.

Which is clearly something people here should be warned about.

As for this one, it's cute and all. But eventually, if they love each other and it's not just a phase, they will eventually have sex (in an hypothetical world, because the author won't thread that path, obviously).

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Tagging something "lolicon" is the vaguest shit ever anyway. Lolicons dont need compromising camera angles to feel attracted to little girls. Just make a tag "loli" or better "children" (since loli can just as well refer to an adult woman) and combine it with "ecchi" if necessary

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 3:21PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

And thus began the 6931053th Tagging War.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

6931053th

Did we really have that many, or did you use that number as a figure of speech?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Jeez. Lolicon tag on dynasty is used to inform that series has lolis in it. It says nothing about them being sexualized or anything. It's pretty much pointless tag, because half the time said lolis aren't even lolis. Either way, they are teens exploring their sexuality. I'm sick of people getting all worked over "sexualization of minors" etc. 99% of dynasty content is illegal, because it's depictions of minors in sexualized ways aka having sex etc. Can we just stop with this crap and focus on enjoying the fucking story? Teens think and can have sex, that doesn't automatically make it sexualized. It's just normal part of life and growing up. Can we stop policing and protecting fucking 2D drawings of fictional people?

BV posted:

6931053th

We had that many.

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 3:47PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

6931053th

We had that many.

OK... Either answer would've been hilarious, but this one has the added (albeit questionable) quality of being terrifying.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nevri posted:

Jeez. Lolicon tag on dynasty is used to inform that series has lolis in it. It says nothing about them being sexualized or anything. It's pretty much pointless tag, because half the time said lolis aren't even lolis. Either way, they are teens exploring their sexuality. I'm sick of people getting all worked over "sexualization of minors" etc. 99% of dynasty content is illegal, because it's depictions of minors in sexualized ways aka having sex etc. Can we just stop with this crap and focus on enjoying the fucking story? Teens think and can have sex, that doesn't automatically make it sexualized. It's just normal part of life and growing up. Can we stop policing and protecting fucking 2D drawings of fictional people?

I couldn't agree more.

I just wanted to point that the way this tag is used on Dynasty is highly inconsistent. The characters in Tsurezure Biyori are lolis too. But because their love is seen as "pure", then they don't get the shameful "lolicon" tag. Which, according to Blaastar, is added as a warning.

Skeeter Rabbits did no wrong!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

The characters in Tsurezure Biyori are lolis too.

They aren't. Lolis are prepubescent children or younger so 12 yo or less. They're middle/high schoolers, so they're not lolis. They're teens. But because nobody bothers to actually use the word correctly, nowadays people just use it as meaning "anyone below 18", which is wrong.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Skeeter Rabbits did no wrong!

lol.

Seriously though, we're going to revisit this Lolicon stuff because it's gradually becoming more and more a topic of discussion, it's kind of tedious to read every few weeks. By all means, continue discussing it if that brings you joy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.