Forum › Tsurezure Biyori discussion

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

"licensed" f*ck

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

@ Nevri
I definitely get (and have always understood) the animus against bait-and-switch stories, although with serial publications it’s hard to always identify those before they’re over. The tagging problem also seems to be especially acute for stories (like this one) which are not primarily goal-oriented single-couple romances. And I too have been somewhat disappointed when stories ultimately lacked the courage of what once appeared to be their yuri-esque convictions.

But some definitions of “true yuri” get so restrictive that they seem to be counterproductive if the goal is to find good stories about girls/women who love same (and of course “definitely yuri” most certainly does not necessarily mean “good story.”)

As I said, since applying definitions of genres and sub-genres to specific examples will always be inherently ambiguous and to some extent subjective, I’m not sure there’s any way the strictest constructionists will ever be completely satisfied.

In any case, I’m glad I’m reading this one, however it’s tagged.

I gotta +1 this whole post for perfection. I've actually gotten more enjoyment out of some subtext series that were sooo blatant about yuri (and ran with it) than i have from a few series that are officially/definitely yuri but are hard to believe even under the loosest definition of yuri.

The only things yuri-related that ever bother me are actual bait-and-switch stories as well as stories that start out yuri and are touted as yuri yet take the cowardly cop-out route and veer away from any yuri later on in the story

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

pogotun posted:

"licensed" f*ck

This is sad because by the time we get to see the translated official version beyond de fan translation we would probably have an anime aired already.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

pogotun posted:

"licensed" f*ck

This is sad because by the time we get to see the translated official version beyond de fan translation we would probably have an anime aired already.

I was just thinking that--it's the waiting. I'd be glad to pay money to support this mangaka, but the first volume probably won't even be out until next year.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Okay, to end whatever "yuri vs subtext" discussion, chapter 15 is the gayest thing since gay, no joke. Haru is so freaking gay, the chapter made me emotional.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Okay, to end whatever "yuri vs subtext" discussion, chapter 15 is the gayest thing since gay, no joke. Haru is so freaking gay, the chapter made me emotional.

I wondered about that—I totally agree with your reading, but I can imagine how what I’ve been calling the “strict yuri constructionists” would argue against it being actually yuri.

Despite how completely yuri it is.

And yeah, I’m incredibly fond of the characters, especially the MCs, in this one, although I can’t decide if that’s despite or because of how low-key the story is.

Chapter 13, about little Nana-chan and Minori-chan, was a real heartbreaker, maybe the best SOL manga chapter I’ve ever read (i.e., I cried).

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Chapter 13, about little Nana-chan and Minori-chan, was a real heartbreaker, maybe the best SOL manga chapter I’ve ever read (i.e., I cried).

Everything about these characters' childhoods makes me emotional! Lil Nana and Minori also made me tear up, and getting a feel for Haru's feelings as a kid when Mafuyu moved made me choke up too.

last edited at May 27, 2019 10:24AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Remember to discuss spoilers using the spoilers option :x https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5657-forum-post-formatting-basic-markdown-tutorial

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

^ Oh shucks! Thanks for reminding me how to use the spoilers bar.

last edited at May 27, 2019 10:25AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Oh shucks! Thanks for reminding me how to use the spoilers bar.

I tend to forget about spoilers for stuff that isn't actually on Dynasty too.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

o.o

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Tiny Haru is adorable.

Also, they gay.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The dream was amazing, there's no subtext anymore XP

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Get back in there where you belong

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I just read the first 10 chapters and I'm bored AF. How did this get licensed when there's way better manga out there?

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

critical gay

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

I just read the first 10 chapters and I'm bored AF. How did this get licensed when there's way better manga out there?

Sometimes it is nice to just unwind with a laid-back story. And if it has some yuri elements, then all the better.

last edited at Jun 12, 2019 4:32PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

RPPuzzle posted:

You're on your way to discover the fascinating concept of "people have different tastes" if only at the surface, you're not quite there yet.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I feel sorry for you. Both because you dont like this wonderful story- and because you apparently need super fast action pacing to enjoy something.

People like different things. personally I hate gore and horror- so I dont read them. I dont go into the topic for say 'Mare' by otherwise my fav mangaka, and say 'what is this shit?' I just pass it by.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Not only is it the gayest thing but this is the cutest sh*t ever

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

License of what da f*!!!

Not only is it the gayest thing but this is the cutest sh*t ever

You bet it was.
I guess this is the yuri we both need and deserve =))

last edited at Jun 13, 2019 2:13AM

Kasumi
joined Mar 25, 2019

Not big fan of the manga, but this last chapter is a little masterpiece, beautiful and adorable.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This manga is nothing out of the ordinary most of the time but this chapter 15 is indeed outstanding, I wish the next chapters are at least half as good as this.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Wow, chap 15 so good.

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

That last chapter... So fucking sweet...I'd still be satisfied with the story even if it ended in chapter 15; at least I got to know Mafuyu and Haru's feelings are mutual. Not the best comedy tho I'd have a few chuckles especially with that adult arc bit, I've had friends like that smokers, drunks, and all.

To reply you must either login or sign up.