Forum › Still Sick discussion

joined Apr 23, 2019

Finding Maekawa so sexy, but completely unaware about her sexuality.
How it will be when she "explode"...? I guess hot, very hot...

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Sooo, Maekawa's the jealous type haha.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Sweet, sweet jelly.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

What's the word of the day?

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

What's the word of the day?

mind if ask from what manga is that panel?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

mind if ask from what manga is that panel?

It's called
Kawaii Hito

last edited at Jul 18, 2019 2:30PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Kawaii hito, huh? I didn't know that, but it sure describes Maekawa's feelings well, haha.

Maekawa will realize eventually that her jealousy means she has romantic feelings for Shimizu... and then she'll go: "OH NO what the heck is this, my mind works just like a romcom character's! Noooooo..."

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

this shit is so fucking goooood
character talking to each others to solve problems
no BS misunderstandings
characters slowly realizing their feelings
funny and meaningful interactions

i need more of this right now

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

I really wish I knew japanese to read the original version of Still Sick in the authof's Pixiv, seems just as good as this version. Also, this chapter was so good!!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I really wish I knew japanese to read the original version of Still Sick in the authof's Pixiv, seems just as good as this version. Also, this chapter was so good!!

I mean you can still read the raws on Pixiv, you will just don't understand what happen but you can try to understand with the pictures.

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

At the beginning Maekawa's emotion was already numb into a smiling polite doll who adjust things to fit in even though it means abandoning her passion, but the more the story progresses, the more we see that she's now reacting and doing things according to her emotions.

She's getting her senses back!

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

Jelly Jelly

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Those fingers blushed. Lol wtf

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

this shit is so fucking goooood
character talking to each others to solve problems
no BS misunderstandings
characters slowly realizing their feelings
funny and meaningful interactions

i need more of this right now

Amen

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

Those fingers blushed. Lol wtf

That happens when you do things like some extreme Hand Holding, for example. Blushing fingers, some other things...

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Something that I've adored about this series is that they actually come across as being adult and mature
I mean they are still quirky, awkward, and slightly unbalanced, but in an adult way.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

At the beginning Maekawa's emotion was already numb into a smiling polite doll who adjust things to fit in even though it means abandoning her passion, but the more the story progresses, the more we see that she's now reacting and doing things according to her emotions.

She's getting her senses back!

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I've been in Maekawa's shoes, in a sense. For a long, long time I lived my life and did my work according to what others expected and eventually more or less retreated into my own head; it wasnt until just a few years ago, in my 30's, that I finally started taking the proverbial reins again, and in the process also realized that yup, I was definitely hella gay.

It's not an easy process to go through. The author is doing a great job of portraying such a thing so realistically. So I'm hooked on this one.

Oh, and still hella gay, of course.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I'm not really great at putting thoughts into words, but this series continues to be my favorite ongoing one. There's a lot of depth to these two characters, where I don't think you need to find anything to relate to here to love this, but the writing and characterization becomes extremely poignant when you do.

I stayed up way too late catching up on the last recent few chapters. Why is my clock lying to me?

joined Nov 2, 2015

This series is definitely one of the best yuri manga ever created. It's just so...mature. The genuine maturity from someone who has a great insight of real life adults, not the pretentious or dramatic imagination about adults that fiction tend to cook up. I know I'm being super vague with my praises here, but it's just hard putting a finger on this one. It's how the dialogues of the characters feel like something people actually say to each other in real life, the positive and negative way they handled problems are totally different to how adolescents would react, the way they neither take feelings too lightly nor too dramatic, all the while not being boring at all.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

More like Peak Bearformance.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I have to say that when I read "you are afraid of rejection too" I didn't reduce it to romance stuff, when you like girls you overthink everything (or at lest in my case), even if you usually don't have problems telling people what you're, you'll find a day where you just can't say it to another stranger, and that's made you overthink about romance stuff too, of course. Aich TT I wish I could just stop overthinking.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I agree, overthinking is a curse. Especially when your "love life" is part of a smaller part of a small minority. --signed, ShadesOfGreymoon, the demisexual lesbian chronic overthinker

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I was so late to catch up on this manga but holy GAY! THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST I'VE READ BY FAR.

Maekawa is one of the most complex yuri manga character I have encountered up until this point. And I'm still not done being completely fascinated by this character. The cynicism, the darkness, the somewhat abusive behavior... all a product of her broken childhood. That band with the father that abandoned her. What such a thing can do to a person... and then theres Shimizu who is all of us lol.

And then theres how this one just clicks so well with one of my favorite tropes where the cold-hesrted character slowly starts to melt when in a continued relationship with the character that tries so hard to get through to them. This story is amazing. This couple is great.

And another thing. I do think Maekawa realizes that she 'wants' Shimizu. However I think she doesnt realize to what extent and why since I suppose she has never felt that feeling of being in love ever before in her life. On top of that she has no idea how to accept that Shimizu genuinely loves and cares about her which is why it's so hard for her to let her in.
I think that with the jealousy subplot some dams will finally start breaking and it will lead to a full realization of romantic feelings and the acceptance of this plus a reconciliation and hopefully the sweetest kiss imaginable

joined Apr 23, 2019

When Maekawa flirts, Shimizu is very guarded now...
It's not only jealousy why she snapped. She is trying, not getting response.
Seeing Shimizu with new employer was only a last drop.
I just think she is not quite aware what exactly she feels, but she reacts anyway.

I see people would like the sweetest kiss coming with realization of her feelings. I expect something very passionate, in this case. Passionate kisses and hot sex, it means.
Maekawa is smoking hot, too much for romantic feelings only...

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 7:58PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.