Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Where are the bottom images in Ranzo's pic from?

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

SAYAKA WON!!! ok. Well. I wonder what Yuu will ask for. It gotta be something nice~

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Talking about how happy she was while crossing the street...thought she was triggering a Truck-kun flag there for a sec.

Same here, something about the panel just screams everything is happy it would be a shame if someth-

It's a good thing we had that streetlight next to inform us that it was safe to cross the road.

You really believe Truck-kun is bound by traffic laws?

Not always, true...

joined Nov 5, 2017

Something I noticed (could be wrong, next chapter will tell) is that this chapter is like a parallel to chapter 8 & 9, Multiple Choice (question). In Japanese, chapters 8, 9 & 42 have the word "question" in their titles. And there is this thing about Yuu saying she could have been fine studying with anyone in chapter 8, but in chapter 42, she says she wants to be with someone, but not just anyone.
Maybe chapter 43 could be called Essay Question part 2 (?) Just guessing here~

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

and one of the things i like about yuri, because it's hardly brought in here. it is one of the stupidest things imo. on avg there is no top or bottom for people

Say that to Nico.

Don't you mean "neko"? lol

No i mean Nico Yazawa who is kinda the definition of a bottom.

Neko is the yuri term for bottom if I recall.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

and one of the things i like about yuri, because it's hardly brought in here. it is one of the stupidest things imo. on avg there is no top or bottom for people

Say that to Nico.

Don't you mean "neko"? lol

No i mean Nico Yazawa who is kinda the definition of a bottom.

Neko is the yuri term for bottom if I recall.

I think both parts don't understand each other. I understand that neko is the term for bottom in yuri. Iwas just saying that Nico from the Love live franchise is mostly seen as a bottom in the doujins.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Where are the bottom images in Ranzo's pic from?

The Way of the House Husband
Whispering You a Love Song
Watashitachi wa Koi wo Shiranai
Respectively

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

(https://i.postimg.cc/0y5BGRJ0/Capturedgdfgdfgssf.png)

Out of topic but where is this from?

last edited at Jun 30, 2019 6:34PM by Nezchan

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^The fact that the answer is directly above your comment is the best kind of comedy.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

They became cat mamas!?! I should have seen it coming. It's so prrfect.

But lovely chapter.

Now on my wish list of not gonna happen. That the story continues until they are old ladies.
Following another yuri couple in this same universe.

last edited at Jun 30, 2019 6:13PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

erm. Why did Yuu say to soon when see saw the rings? You date a little and get married the same month. That's like yuri law or something right? ;3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But the main appeal of shoujo-ai is how cute and pure it is, so sex isn't something I see the genre broach a lot.

Is somebody gonna tell them?

7903736f-23f1-43d2-bcca-91f78cf5aff1
joined Feb 18, 2019

OH JESUS CHRIST NAKATANI REALLY DOING IT

joined Nov 5, 2017

But the main appeal of shoujo-ai is how cute and pure it is, so sex isn't something I see the genre broach a lot.

Sorry, maybe I'm wrong idk. But I was under the impression that shoujo-ai was more applicable to stories like Sakura Trick whereas pure yuri was more along to lines of Citrus. The last time I read a "shoujo-ai" that seriously handled sex was Aoi Hana I think.

Idk though. If you know of more, please do let me know.

Shoujo-ai means pedophilia in Japan. As in, liking little girls. Relationships between girls/women, regardless of purely sexual or more romantic in nature, are all called yuri. For some reason, American editorials use shoujo ai to refer to romantic stories and yuri for the more sexual ones. And that wrong use has spread through all the West, apparently.

last edited at Jun 30, 2019 6:47PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ "shoujo-ai isn't a thing" is a common phrase you'll see on Dynasty Reader. I learned that shoujo-ai isn't a thing the hard (read: embarrassing) way.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Can’t we get a pinned post on this topic? Otherwise, there is . . . confusion, denial, sadness, repetitive posts upholding specious arguments, cross-cultural cross-talk, and did I mention confusion?

[Unlike in some other venues, for a variety of complex reasons the term “shoujo-ai” is not used on Dynasty.]

In this case, multiple criteria for “yuri” status have been fulfilled, including, but not limited to:

• Two girls falling in love with each other
  • Confessions of mutual love proffered and accepted
  • Indirect kissing via water bottle
  • French kissing
  • Dating, in public
  • Dating, bedroom makeout session
  • Hand holding, simple
  • Hand holding, intertwined fingers
  • Hand holding, reverse intertwined fingers
  • Indirect kissing via self-finger-kiss followed by hand holding

Even if “shoujo-ai” were a thing on Dynasty (which it is not), this series would have been “Yuri First-Class with Oak Leaf clusters.”

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

YES, PLEASE, MORE OF THIS!!! THANK YOU

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

^The fact that the answer is directly above your comment is the best kind of comedy.

Oh lol. I didn't bother reading

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

^ "shoujo-ai isn't a thing" is a common phrase you'll see on Dynasty Reader. I learned that shoujo-ai isn't a thing the hard (read: embarrassing) way.

Could have just wikipedia that.

For some reason, American editorials use shoujo ai to refer to romantic stories and yuri for the more sexual ones

You mean being American is not a big reason in itself ? Dang it.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yeah, 'shoujo-ai' was big in american fandom way back when. Use of the term is going away...

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Ahh I see we're getting to the ceremonial "fuck chapter" at the end of every yuri series

Omg I wonder if it will really happen

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ahh I see we're getting to the ceremonial "fuck chapter" at the end of every yuri series

Omg I wonder if it will really happen

At least we still have the doujin who get upload today for that.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

re: skull

I hope the ultimate ending is less meh that this last chapter. The story has left too much of an impression on me for the ending to lower it much in my eyes, but still...

Why do you think it's meh? :0

This chapter just read to me like something I'd find other manga. I especially didn't care for the final panel. It felt too cliché. Just not my preference. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel like the story that captivated me has already ended. If this were part of an epilogue I would care less. In book form, maybe I'd just flip through these chapters very quickly. We'll see...

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, I wonder what's left to do now that they've hooked up…

reads chap

…Oh yeah… that…

joined May 29, 2019

I think it's a little early to be thinking about wedding rings, Yuu!
And yeah, we're definitely getting the first time. Yuu and Touko are so horny for each other it's ridiculous (well, hornier than usual in Touko's case)

And to be fair, a lot of us learned about "shoujo-ai" in our time. I rarely hear it these days since yuri is becoming a bit more mainstream and online communities are more accessible.

To reply you must either login or sign up.