Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Any bets on what the prize will be? "Dinner with my parents"? "Screw your knuckles, kiss me openly"?

Calling it now, the cheesecake flag will finally be satisfied. It has been set up dozens of chapters ago, so the time has come! I can almost taste the words...

"Let me eat your cheesecake senpai."

But Yuu doesn’t know about the secret cheesecake-recipe exchange, so—Rei intervention?

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

Any bets on what the prize will be? "Dinner with my parents"? "Screw your knuckles, kiss me openly"?

Calling it now, the cheesecake flag will finally be satisfied. It has been set up dozens of chapters ago, so the time has come! I can almost taste the words...

But Yuu doesn’t know about the secret cheesecake-recipe exchange, so—Rei intervention?

They ain't talking about THAT cheseecake ;)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

What if... and this confirms I'm slowly moving wackier on the wacky spectrum... they eat a piece of an actual cheesecake from each-other's methaphorical cheesecakes?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Imagine how beautiful it would be if Yuu request is the same as Hino San No baka request and they're both released at the same time ⁽˙³˙⁾

Even if it means delaying Hino san Another 2 weeks

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 10:45AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Don't you dare curse it.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Imagine how beautiful it would be if Yuu request is the same as Hino San No baka request and they're both released at the same time ⁽˙³˙⁾

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh, THAT?

That’s not cheesecake—that’s cherry pie.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

no no no there'll be no who's "top" and who's "bottom" here, that's yaoi nonsense. and one of the things i like about yuri, because it's hardly brought in here. it is one of the stupidest things imo. on avg there is no top or bottom for people, just what you're in the mood for, and silly to try and define someone by it. who initiates it is something that can be debated, but that doesn't mean "well that's my role in sex now, that's the only way to do it from here on." like, i can see yuu initiating it, cause sempai is too afraid to do something yuu wouldn't want, but once it's done the first time, touko would be more than happy to start it, given the green light so to speak.

on another note, really happy it's not stopping and ending on their hooking up like almost every other yuri out there

I also hate this terminology but it probably serves some propose. Short hand for what readers hope for when/if a story covers such things, I guess?

You say its not seen much in yuri but I've seen it here often and even used to describe a Netflix original show featuring lesbians.

Just another one of those things will irk some people and not others I think. Like how it iritates me when people talk about stories causing diabetes or combing the names of celebrities that are dating. And with ships Not saying don't do these things. Don't let my grumpy arse ruin your fun.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

and one of the things i like about yuri, because it's hardly brought in here. it is one of the stupidest things imo. on avg there is no top or bottom for people

Say that to Nico.

Don't you mean "neko"? lol

No i mean Nico Yazawa who is kinda the definition of a bottom.

"Neko" is the yuri equivalent of bottom, lol.....

Y'all both lost the r/whooosh opportunity tsk tsk tsk

Lol how did I lose an opportunity

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

on another note, really happy it's not stopping and ending on their hooking up like almost every other yuri out there

...imo this is the best chapter of the whole thing so far XD
After the whole will-they-won't-they, we're not finally getting somewhere and the only question is "WHEN-will-they" :P
But seriously, this chapter was wonderful - on so many levels.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Nakatani....... is a god.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Firefly Fanatic posted:

Please don't start another religion, last time we had a holy war and we lost half the forum populace... Yes, The Great Ejima Eri war.
That's when Nez chan got her famous Onepunch-ban nickname

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 4:29PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Firefly Fanatic posted:

Please don't start another religion, last time we had a holy war and we lost half the forum populace... Yes, The Great Ejima Eri war.

I bear my scars proudly from that one (having taken care never to fall afoul of Nezchan).

Admittedly, I still tend to go into a fugue state when I hear the word “platonic,” but that’s better than a berserker rage, amirite?

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Ah, this chapter is blissful... The best part of the story is beginning to unfold right here. No more misunderstandings, no more hurt. Their feelings are connected, finally. And now Yuu is fantasizing about closing the last gap...

I'm fond of saying that "Yuri is the Crown of MIracles". This is both a Strawberry Panic reference, and a recognition of the fact that in so many stories, it is yuri, the power of two girls in love, that creates a miracle and saves the day, the world, the universe. There can be little doubt left that YagaKimi deserves to be what it seems to have become - the current Crown Jewel of Yuri.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

(https://s.booth.pm/c4336a75-2d2a-4230-931e-b8ba1f44604a/i/304294/fe35b61c-b45d-4f7e-bd73-13e3c28bbf7a.jpeg)

Dare I even ask? Good to know that this place was always hopeless.

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 4:51PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

The Great Ejima Eri war.

When did it happen? Please give me a medium-sized summary of it. The causes, the course, the consequences, the aftermath and how it affected Dynasty Reader and how it affects it to today. Preferably, send that over to Dynasty Café. I don't know anything about this war, but I feel like it's an important part of the history of this site, and if there's anything I'm overly enthusiastic and obsessing about, it's history.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Dare I even ask? Good to know that this place was always hopeless.

Anything with age-gap or even the suggestion of lolicon (as in Yuzumori-san ) always has the potential to metastasize in discussion very quickly, and . . . at various points that one did.

Thankfully those issues didn’t really come up in this one. Although various teapot-sized tempests have blown up from time to time, I think really serious conflict was avoided by the story making abundantly clear that, beloved as she became to many readers, it was Never Going to Be Sayaka.

So the Secondary Shippers were just sad rather than becoming combative.

@BV The easiest thing to do is read the Yuzumori-san series yourself, if you haven’t already (it’s more than worth it, IMO—one of the quite good ones), then skim the series thread, focusing on the dates around when new chapters appeared.

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 5:16PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Anything with age-gap or even the suggestion of lolicon (as in Yuzumori-san ) always has the potential to metastasize in discussion very quickly, and . . . at various points that one did.

Thankfully those issues didn’t really come up in this one. Although various teapot-sized tempests have blown up from time to time, I think really serious conflict was avoided by the story making abundantly clear that, beloved as she became to many readers, it was Never Going to Be Sayaka.

So the Secondary Shippers were just sad rather than becoming combative.

So a mix of shipping wars and the usual morallly questionable stuff, eh? Good thing I stay away from landmines like Yuzumori-san and other lolicon shit like it...

Yeah, in a way YagaKimi was really predictable on some points, intentionally of course. Though I want to add that "not going to be the one" technically doesn't stop things from escalating. If Sayaka were an annoying 3rd wheel love rival like the usual archetype she would still have caused much of a fuss, even if it's obvious she has no chance.
I find that in most stories with triangles or even wannabe harems, there is always a rather obvious authorial choice. One girl that is obviously the "main" heroine. So while it is predictable who, for a lack of a better term, wins, the shipping wars are still unencumbered for the mere reason that competition exists.

EDIT: I just realized that Ejima Eri is the author of Yuzumori-san. Should have connected the dots there. Yeah no shit that caused a war lol

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 5:28PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Cryssoberyl posted:

Ah, this chapter is blissful... The best part of the story is beginning to unfold right here. No more misunderstandings, no more hurt. Their feelings are connected, finally. And now Yuu is fantasizing about closing the last gap...

I'm fond of saying that "Yuri is the Crown of MIracles". This is both a Strawberry Panic reference, and a recognition of the fact that in so many stories, it is yuri, the power of two girls in love, that creates a miracle and saves the day, the world, the universe. There can be little doubt left that YagaKimi deserves to be what it seems to have become - the current Crown Jewel of Yuri.

It is arguably the best yuri of the decade... Can't say the best in history because of course, personal taste and stuff (like I love Notes From The Garden Of Lilies) but is hard to compete in writing, story, art and characters too, it always feels like you have to pick only 2 and the other 2 is average but YagaKimi really stands out in every aspect.

But There's 3 Chapters Left ~ who else is a little scared? :)

I would talk about the war but all details are sealed above my rank, sorry.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So a mix of shipping wars and the usual morallly questionable stuff, eh? Good thing I stay away from landmines like Yuzumori-san and other lolicon shit like it...

Just want to say that while its lolicon tag isn’t wrong, there’s really not much else like Yuzumori-san, and, while the theme may not be to everyone’s taste, it’s not shit.

My last word on this off-topic subject. Shall we renew the “YagaKimi—plotless slice-of-life” discussion instead? Lol

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Just want to say that while its lolicon tag isn’t wrong, there’s really not much else like Yuzumori-san, and, while the theme may not be to everyone’s taste, it’s not shit.

My last word on this off-topic subject. Shall we renew the “YagaKimi—plotless slice-of-life” discussion instead? Lol

Uhm... I mean, you can like what you want, but I could summarize Yuzumori-san best as this: Bipolar. Occasionally revolting. Cop-out ending.
It is kinda unique... in that it doesn't go all the way with it's bad theme, but still pretends to do so. Well, I shouldn't complain too much. The alternative would be worse after all. Being one of a kind must be one heck of a contributor to likability for you.

Oh wait, this was the YagaKimi thread? Whoopsie~
spins gears
RIGHT. I actually have something to say that doesn't end in reheating old brain pain.

I have noticed in this chapter in particular that Yuu has a confusing habit. When she is alone with Touko she calls her Touko-senpai as expected. When she is in front of others she calls her Nanami-senpai as expected.
But for whatever reason she also calls her "Nanami-senpai" in her thoughts. That strikes me as really odd. I honeslty can't find any rhyme or reason for this.

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 5:39PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

But for whatever reason she also calls her "Nanami-senpai" in her thoughts. That strikes me as really odd. I honeslty can't find any rhyme or reason for this.

Maybe she's still not fully used to calling her Touko-senpai yet?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

So she can do it vocally, but not mentally?
It just kinda shows to me that she hasn't really arrived in the girlfriend mindset yet. I would say calling her senpai in private is bad enough, but it issss Japan after all, so whatevs.

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 5:55PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, what exactly would we expect a kouhai to call a senpai with whom she is romantically involved in her thoughts at this stage of their relationship?

My point being that the naming conventions between the two of them have always been somewhat complicated by their asymmetrical relationship. It was fine for Touko to use the form “Yuu” in public, but Yuu always knew that she “really” was supposed to be both outwardly close to Touko when they were alone together, but still distant in her heart.

I just said that confusingly. Trying again—the awkwardness with the names mirrored their relationship; now that the relationship is in order, the names still aren’t, quite.

Things should get rectified once they’ve been naked in bed together, would be my guess.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Things should get rectified once they’ve been naked in bed together, would be my guess.

That's a weirdly specific time to get over her issue of calling out her partner's name- Oh. OH. Oh.

To reply you must either login or sign up.