Forum › Posts by skulll

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Clueless1 posted:

Holy plot moves, Batman! Chapter 186 has definitely solidified the relationship! I’d love to see how the other relationships get serious. I’m curious to see which relationships survive the test of time. (Like a flash forward to a reunion—although that would be cliche... how about a funeral instead? Like “Three Weddings and a Funeral”— but Yuri style!)

What do you mean by funeral xD no ships shall die here! they'll all live foreverrrr

Well, Kaoru x Shizuka died...well, nobody liked that ship anyway. lmao

Hibiki x Kaoru died too lol

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Between Haruka and Mio, I can't decide who the thirstiest is lol
Btw no one noticed Shizuka's face for a moment before the kiss? I think she was thinking of Kaoru :( since they kissed in front of the sunset too

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 8:11PM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

really disappointed by the lack of development of sayaka, we didn't even saw her girlfriend, it's like she's no more than a side character now.

I thought she was getting a spin off from this series, I assume we see her girlfriend in that. Or was that just rumors.

Sayaka already got spin-off, it’s not a rumor lol. It’s just that it’s a light novel not a manga but Nakatani was the illustrator. There were already 2 books out, and the third book will be released on 2020. And we surely see Haru’s design on this 3rd book.

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko

If I’m correct that it was Haru-chan in the end of the 2nd book, Sayaka indeed described her like a “dog”, and sort of lively... so she seems an opposite of Touko, more like Yuu probably.

And more importantly, when Haru called Sayaka "senpai," Sayaka got reminded of Yuu, who used to call Touko "senpai" as well. Basically, the novel makes it pretty clear Haru is meant to be Sayaka's "Yuu."

(Reply to Shojie's and this comment)
The vague description we got from Sayaka about Haru doesn't make her seem like either Yuu or Touko. A girl full of life, clothed in spring, a lot of movement, seemingly shy enough but still had the courage to approach Sayaka... yeah, definitely not a Yuu. Yuu is much quieter, not very energetic, a kind girl but can be blunt when the time calls for it. Haru seems more genki? Not totally but kinda like that (we'll find out later I guess...). Touko is closer personality-wise since she is a cute dork, but is still remarkably different.
I do agree that Haru is "Yuu" in a way- she will be the girl who will "save" Sayaka, but in a different way Yuu did with Touko.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Anyway, too lazy to post my thoughts on the end because it will be too long, I'll just say I love the irony. Sayaka and Yuu went from having just a senpai-kohai relationship with Touko as the only topic of their conversations and certain tension occasionally (mostly on Sayaka's end) to be basically best buds. Sayaka couldn't care less about Touko now kek (just kidding, she is still a good friend as shown when she worried about Touko's grades in college and being glad at Touko doing well in acting) but yeah, it's nice to see Sayaka is really a mature, nice girl. Now we gotta wait months until the cover of novel 3 is out to finally see Haru-chan...

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 3:31AM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I've been thinking of what to say here... And gather courage too.
From start to finish, this manga sure made me really happy, it was a really good reading.
I'm sure this manga made an really big impact in the yuri genre, and I'm so happy for it, all I want to do is thank Nakatani Nio for this masterpiece.
I'll be waiting for more yuri works from her, I really hope she does more. I'm really thankful.
I can say lot more but well, It would be too big to read, I just really wanted to thank.

She said she won't make more yuri manga after yagakimi :,(

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

How much of a time skip was this chapter? One year or two years?

2 years

No. (Almost) 4 years have happened. The story started in 2015, you can corroborate this by looking at the few calendars that appear through the series. By chapter 44, it was either end of December or the first days of 2016. The career seminars that Yuu mentioned don't happen in the first year of college in Japan. Yuu is at least in her second year, which should happen in 2019. It could be 2020 too, but that's too further. Making the story start in 2015 and end in 2019 both in-universe and in real life seems very Nakatani-like in my opinion. Oh, and the month should be October, since the Cultural Festival is taking place.

Yagakimi still hasn’t totally ended since it’s still has short story compilation as a part of Yagakimi Curtain Call Project... soon.

This announcement and the artbook one are the only ones that don't have the Yagakimi title in them. Of course the artbook will obviously have ygkm illustrations, but I don't think all the book will be about it. It's only stated as "Nakatani's artbook, title undecided yet" , same with the short stories. Given that all the other annoucements including the artbook will feature yagakimi, I do think one of the short stories will be about yagakimi, but all the others won't. I may be wrong and maybe none of the stories will be about it, though.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

There is just as much evidence for Yuu simply wanting to be closer and sleeping over in a non-lewd way. (Remember the dream where they were sleeping normally and clothed in the same bed? Yeah, not sexually laden).

Remember when Yuu had a sexual fantasy in chapter 42? Yeah, not sexually laden.
I don't think you're totally wrong- Yuu had been thinking about the idea of having sex as ch 42 showed, so when she made her request, while I don't think saying she was asking for sex is right, saying that she only had sleeping together with nothing happening at all in mind is wrong too. It's more of a "let's see what happens" kind of request, with a fair amount of uncertainty imo.

last edited at Sep 3, 2019 12:55PM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I found the amateur translation better than the translation at Dynasty.

self-employed translator here (not from Japanese though), cannot attest the translation accuracy but for sure Kusoshop translation looks more informal, easier for English-born readers/speakers to understand, more relatable to them that is, 4s seems to translate word by word which is not wrong since they're simply following the original text, again I do not translate for Japanese so cannot attest its accuracy, just my two cents from 5 years of experience

It's rather the opposite, Kusushop is more literal and closer to what the Japanese says while 4s takes a fairly amount of liberties in some parts for localization and flow or so it seems.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I found the amateur translation better than the translation at Dynasty.

If you mean Kusoshop's translation which is on Mangadex I agree.

Either way, speaking of KS, I also liked their translation of chapter 42 and 43 better than 4s'. They are more literal which manages to capture some nuances 4s fails to include, and they have improved over time compared to their translation of chapters 38 & 39 (which they fixed to make it more "English" later on anyways).

last edited at Sep 1, 2019 11:06PM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Any last chapter predictions? I have no idea since we don't know how many pages it will have yet. The only thing I am fairly certain is that we will see some pages about their future life, living together and enjoying domestic life like they wished for.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Thank you, then I can wait peacefully for 4s =A=)

I admire that patience xD

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

skulll posted:

Just to be safe, this month we will have a chapter, right? no delays or anything in yuri hime?

Yuri Hime?

I have a bad memory, sorry. I thought it was published in yuri hime (is actually Dengeki)...I'm just asking if there is any news of delay in the publisher for this month release, because is not unusual to see "There won't be chapter this month!". Just want to be safe before I get my expectations too high.

Ever since yagakimi started, it has been published every month without cancellations (not including all the times Nakatani finished a volume, because every mangaka takes a one month break when this happens or a special chapter was published instead) , except for one occasion when chapter 30 was postponed for the next month due to unknown circumstances.
At the end of each chapter there's a date that states when the next one will be out, and as such chapter 44 is programmed for this month on the 27th per usual. A preview is also out on Twitter, and another one should be posted this week.

last edited at Aug 20, 2019 12:41PM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Just to be safe, this month we will have a chapter, right? no delays or anything in yuri hime?

Yuri Hime?

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I've always though this was an important scene in terms of the Touko-Yuu power dynamic:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch09#11

Well it's important to address the fact that Yuu didn't give a fuck back then so that was a big reason for her alpha status. Same with the first name calling. Now she's as blushy and shy as Touko was.
IMO Touko will top for the first time then Yuu will become more top as she gets into it

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

You would think her dream following that would go in the same direction, but it was pretty innocent instead.

You do realise dreams don't even work like you seem to be assuming here right.

Oh? Is that the only thing you could cherrypick out of my reply?
Dreams are influenced by desires and memories of the previous day. What weighs on Yuu's mind would influence it. But frankly I don't even care. That is mostly irrelevant to my point.

Speaking of misconceptions about Yuu's desires though, someone said Yuu asked Touko to stay over at her place for the explicit reason to have sex, which is why she couldn't finish her line, but that makes no sense. She couldn't have known that Touko's parents wouldn't be home and visiting her girlfriend's home and having a sleepover are actually far more likely. Rather this is another point for Yuu still being innocent/naive, because she thinks it`s a big ask to demand to come to her senpai's place like that. Just another hint that she was thinking of a legit sleepover.

I wouldn't say her unfinished sentence being wanting to ask for sex is totally unlikely. She expressed her wish and then got all nervous trying to convey something. What could it have been? A paraphrase for "I want a sleepover"?
Her unfinished sentence could have been: "I mean, in other words, I want us to sleep together" (just sleep, like her fantasy at the beginning of the chapter) or maybe she was trying to say she wants sth more than that but was too flustered to be clear. Unfortunately Touko interrupted before Yuu could finish. Now we are left hanging till next chapter (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧
However, I can also see Touko misunderstanding what Yuu meant and assuming she wants to have sex only to realise it's not the case when sleeping time comes.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I like how Yuu is is using the book cover even in the dream. It's all about the little details~

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Well, not wanting to fully dive into the complexity that is japanese psychology & sociology, I'd take it as Yuu putting Touko, her cool and beautiful girlfriend, on a pedestal, mentally, to the point she just can't think of her without honorifics and the regard that comes with Japanese using the other's last name.
I'm not sure if we can call this distinction "normal", but I'd consider it in-character and even relatable :)

Well that's interesting. Are you perhaps Japanese?

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Pilot posted:

money on yuu being the top

My bet is that Touko will be under the false impression that Yuu wants more than just sleeping in the same bed until the very last moment.

I think she does want more than sleeping though

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

It's a bit strange Yuu wanted to call Touko by her name in chapter 41 and indeed does it occasionally (when she isn't saying just "senpai") but keeps calling her Nanami-senpai in her mind. Gotta wonder if Nakatani has a reason for this or just sees it as something perfectly normal so far.
Anyway, really sweet chapter, it would be nice if lewd happens before it ends, I think Nakatani would be able to pull it off, but I won't get my hopes up to avoid getting disappointed. Regardless, I am sure Yuu's stay in Touko's house will be worth it (maybe Touko will finally make the cheesecake, and them cuddling while sleeping is pretty much guaranteed).
:^)

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 10:06PM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Um, did you even read the last two chapters?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch43#4
That is literally the furthest Yuu imagined anything.

Yeah, imagining touching someone with her shirt open and her bra showing is pure enough. It would be degenerate if Touko had been fully naked.

Now actually proof to me that she was thinking of something lewd there. All she did is touch her throat (whatever that is about). She was imaginig something further than kissing there. Not exactly "Oh I wanna do this now".

I assume you don't knowing what "touching her throat" is about is a joke. She was clearly losing herself on her thoughts there which conveyed a desire, either conscious or unconscious. And she wouldn't call herself "naughty" in this chapter if all she wanted was cuddle, something pretty innocent, I think.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Yuu's actually still pure. The worst she could imagine is sleeping in the same bed.
And Touko also didn't reveal her true thirst yet. Maybe the readers are projecting just a little. Of course nobody knows what will happen once they are alone in an empty appartment. All alone~
Touko the schemer strikes again.

On the other hand, Koyomi has another chance to get closer to Renma-sensei. I think everyone predicted the way it would happen. Whether we get to see it though is a different matter. Maybe in a special.

Now excuse me as I rob my local pharmacist for copious amounts of insulin!

Yeah, imagining touching someone with her shirt open and her bra showing is pure enough. It would be degenerate if Touko had been fully naked.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

So, which translation is more accurate?

• "I want to sleep over with you" (Kusoshop)
  • "I want to stay over at your house" (4s)

Because the implications are not the same. First case, she just want a sleepover, second case, she invites herself in someone else house.

I kinda find the 4s translation weaker this time. "Please do your best" vs "Break a leg!"... Meh... I can't imagine Yuu saying "Break a leg!"

I don't have the original to compare.

Yuu literally only says she wants to stay over. That's it. There's no "with you" "at your house" "sleep" or whatever. The verb used has no connotations besides "spending the night outside your house". Make of that what you will.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Translation by a fansub (not 4s)
https://mangadex.org/chapter/672777/1

... I wonder if I shouldn't share it here

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Wow I think that was the first time Kasumi smiled and blushed so much while staring at Sakurako. Really gay chapter :^)

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

SAYAKA SAEKI:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ab1d606eba91e859fc7b50aa3781dc87/tumblr_pj0i82exjv1vs148d_1280.jpg

That's a bit too true...

Project "Cloning Touko" for happy Sayaka ?

That Touko would also be in love with Yuu, which only multiplies the problem.

You can make a yagakimi alternative universe where that happens. Maybe it can turn out like Gantz... the cloned MC was still in love with his gf but she just wanted the original MC, so he had to settle for the third wheel and eventually fell in love with her for real