Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

The uselessness strikes again!

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

sanapomu posted:

everyone in this class is gay huh

It's as if the school took all the lesbians in the school and put them all in one class.

last edited at Jun 5, 2019 3:15PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Useless lesbian princesses, indeed.

As someone with extensive experience of high-school low-self-esteem, I will say that this is some world-class high-school low-self-esteem.

“Person would never want to be with me” when person is with you right that very second.

Well-played (or poorly played—not sure which is praise in this context.)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Damn, all the comments here since my previous one are comedy gold!

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

God, this manga doesn't have a single likeable character.
Edit: also they should remove the glasses tag, this manga doesn't deserve it.

I gotta say I feel pretty much the exact opposite like I liked every character in this chapter.

joined Nov 5, 2018

waaa Kanade is seriously annoying with her inferiority complex. She's the cutest girl in the school, she's best friend with Nanaki what more does she need? Though she's starting to realize how nice it is to be gay so at least she's not hopeless.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This last name first name stuff is always reeeally annoying

Izumi seems pretty chill though

Rsz_3inshot_20230212_001112125
joined Jun 20, 2013

we can all agree we're like Iro xD WE CANT STOP SHIPPING PEOPLE!

joined Feb 23, 2016

Dramallama

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Ranzo posted:

This last name first name stuff is always reeeally annoying

It seems to be far more common in Japan than western nations to refer to people by their last name. Here it's typically reserved for teachers or coworkers above you in the foodchain or, if you work in customer service, for customers you need to refer to by name. In Japan though it seems to be quite common to refer to anyone you're not particularly close with by last name.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I loved the "Useless Princesses in 3 seconds" summary. I admire authors who can look at their own works from a mocking perspective.

God, this manga doesn't have a single likeable character.
Edit: also they should remove the glasses tag, this manga doesn't deserve it.

I gotta say I feel pretty much the exact opposite like I liked every character in this chapter.

I think it's safe to assume everyone reading this manga loves the characters. The couple of trolls posting nonsense to rile us, they are just the exception that proves the rule.

I mean, really, what's not to love???

joined Jun 12, 2015

I'm really disappointed in this series.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I can't help but roll my eyes at the pointless melodrama in this series... why am I still reading it. Kind of because it reminds me of Girlfriends but it's not nearly as good. Like I'm not even sure if it's yuri at all.

Like what is with her saying "We're not equal?" its so stupid.

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch13#15

That genderswap BL comment is way too real LOL

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Just have sex already you useless lesbians.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I can't help but roll my eyes at the pointless melodrama in this series... why am I still reading it. Kind of because it reminds me of Girlfriends but it's not nearly as good. Like I'm not even sure if it's yuri at all.

This development has been pretty blatantly foreshadowed from the outset. Kurokawa has always put Fujishiro on a pedestal as a "princess" and viewed her as better than and apart from her it's completely unsurprising that she'd view herself as undeserving of being close to her. It's hardly like the author pulled this issue out of their ass for the sake of drama.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Call me crazy, but I'm kinda feeling Iro/Izumi.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This development has been pretty blatantly foreshadowed from the outset. Kurokawa has always put Fujishiro on a pedestal as a "princess" and viewed her as better than and apart from her it's completely unsurprising that she'd view herself as undeserving of being close to her. It's hardly like the author pulled this issue out of their ass for the sake of drama.

Exactly. Character development so far has rock-solid coherence. One wonders if the people complaining have actually read the previous chapters.

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I mean... something of a distance briefly made for something as minor as how you call each other? I'm a teenager, and even I'm baffled at how weird teen logic can be

Well, if you're not Japanese, then that would explain it. There's a very big emphasis on what you call each other and how you speak in front of others in Japanese culture, hence things like honorifics, teineigo, and etc. Letting Izumi call her by her first name and not Fujishiro is like saying, "I consider Izumi a closer friend than you, even though I've only spoken with her once or twice." Fujishiro honestly had every right to be pissed at Kurokawa.

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Useless lesbian princesses, indeed.

As someone with extensive experience of high-school low-self-esteem, I will say that this is some world-class high-school low-self-esteem.

“Person would never want to be with me” when person is with you right that very second.

Well-played (or poorly played—not sure which is praise in this context.)

I don't think that's what Kurokawa was saying. She wants to be with Fujishiro, and I think she honestly believes Fujishiro wants to be with her too. It's just that Kurokawa doesn't want to stand in the same spotlight as Fujishiro. She wants to "support her from the shadows", more like a sort of 'groupie' than a 'give and take' role. I think that's what she was getting at in the first few pages too, where she says, "I didn't understand what Fujishiro was thinking when she hugged me... Whatever it was, it's not the feeling that I'm having right now" and "Fujishiro crying is something I can't allow." Kurokawa idolizes Fujishiro and wants to push her up, rather than stand side-by-side, due to her inferiority complex. I don't think it has anything to do with how Kurokawa thinks Fujishiro sees her as, but rather it's about how she sees herself.

Unless you were talking about 'being together' in a romantic sense. In that case, I don't think either of them have consciously even considered it a possibility yet.

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I can't help but roll my eyes at the pointless melodrama in this series.

You know, I was thinking this after reading the credit pages too, but I would hardly call highschool girls getting a bit jealous over their friends and then quickly making up after shedding a few tears melodrama. As for Kurokawa's monologue, the story has centered around her inferiority complex right from chapter one, and has only influenced her character and motives in subtle ways, which would be more apt to be considered regular drama rather than melodrama in my opinion.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

F*** this garbage, I'M DONE, drama over a surname/first name? I AM OUT...

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Exactly. Character development so far has rock-solid coherence. One wonders if the people complaining have actually read the previous chapters.

Lmao... I have read the past chapters. It still doesn't make sense. I get Kurokawa is insecure but they've been friends this entire time. Shouldn't they be past this? It's completely forced drama.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Lmao... I have read the past chapters. It still doesn't make sense. I get Kurokawa is insecure but they've been friends this entire time. Shouldn't they be past this? It's completely forced drama.

Why would they be past this? It's never even been meaningfully addressed. Kurokawa has had a deep-seated inferiority complex from the start and a makeover and the power of friendship aren't going to instantly resolve that. Her magically getting over her major emotional issues because of a few hugs and kind words is what would feel forced seeing as that's sure as hell not how low self-esteem works in reality. This drama flows pretty naturally from the established characterizations and I really don't see where you're getting the impression it's forced.

last edited at Jun 5, 2019 8:43PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm disappointed in Kurokawa. I was too optimistic hoping that hug would indicate more growth. It's nice that Kurokawa is picking up on some of Fujishiro's nonverbal signals, but this ...complacency with being admirer is clearly a point of content to be resolved in upcoming chaps. Looking forward to it... for the most part, heh. ^^ ;)

To reply you must either login or sign up.