Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

women are scary

joined Apr 18, 2018

I find it easier to just wait until the whole manga is completed before reading this type of manga. Drama can be really heavy if it's done well, and it's better not to wait for more updates as opposed to committing continuous reading because that way, you can see the inevitable happy ending. (doesn't apply to all drama heavy manga)

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

They all know
Just they want to speak out or not
that's it!

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

This chapter was depressing. The fact that the exact same thing happens in female friendships in high school makes it even sadder.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Pretty much what I figured Miki's situation was. Her childhood friend just acts like a bystander, but I kinda get that too. Some people don't want to confront anything.

I wonder if these two can ever be reconciled....

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Wow thats a good .5 chapter.. Now I kinda want to see 4th friend girl step up and smack some sense into bitch girl

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

women are scary

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

This Maho girl is the real motherfucking MVP

joined Oct 10, 2016

Jesus christ end this pointless manga already.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Even if they won't, I hope you find the courage to move on with your life.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Or at least from this comment section.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Can I order a salt chips for post and a regular popcorn for comments?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Can I order a salt chips for post and a regular popcorn for comments?

It's high time I stop being the only one... I can't remember the word I wanted to use, so I'll just say "confronting"... Loralei.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 13.5, pg 6 "sobnot"

joined Feb 18, 2015

ch 13.5, pg 6 "sobnot"

Anybody know what that means?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

ch 13.5, pg 6 "sobnot"

so + not

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That turned out to be exactly what I thought was going on with the other friends. Kinda wanna see them work it out but not sure I expect they will.

Untitled%20(3)
joined Jan 7, 2019

Not sure if I will feel bad for Miki or not, I kinda feel bad cuz hey, she just really love nanaki and idolize her then suddenly their friendship got broken in an instant, I kinda not feel bad cuz Izumi is right, their attitude is kinda on the bad side.
But we can't deny that Maho is indeed the best gril here.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

ch 13.5, pg 6 "sobnot"

so + not

I laughed when I saw that cause I make that typo on my phone all the time.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Everyone in this story is Stupid in Love™ and it's starting to get a little silly. We also forgot about heterosexuality remarkably quickly, now that I think about it.

last edited at Jun 12, 2019 7:45PM

joined Aug 14, 2018

I don’t feel bad for Miki at all. She decided to keep being a mean girl despite her idol having a change of heart. This was literally her choice, so she has no right to complain. Also, the other girl shouldn’t just go along with everything Miki does. She should actually talk to her and convince her to change. It’s so funny and realistic how the popular group acts as a soundboard to each other. They’ve personally got reservations about the evil things they do, but they go along with it because the person they idolize in the group is doing it. Maho idolizes Miki who idolizes Fujishiro...Izumi also has quite a “fondness” for Fujishiro, but she’s the only groupie who has independent thought. I was unsurprised when she left the other two. I love this manga and how the author portrays relationships. I can see that it’s getting mixed reviews from the people here, but in my personal opinion, I’m siding with those who think it’s genius. There are lots of nuances here that some people are glossing over. Also, I really enjoy how the art can get dark and portray intense emotions. I don’t mind waiting a month usually because it’s easy to tell a ton of work went into the pages.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This really does -- still -- feel like a cross between Ajichi's usual drama-school lesbians and Morinaga Milk. It has heavy, heavy aspects of Girl Friends, Secret Recipe and Secret of the Princess.

joined Aug 14, 2018

This really does -- still -- feel like a cross between Ajichi's usual drama-school lesbians and Morinaga Milk. It has heavy, heavy aspects of Girl Friends, Secret Recipe and Secret of the Princess.

I can see the influences there for sure. Girl Friends was the first Yuri manga I read in full, and only my second after Citrus, which was not yet complete at the time. That said, the two main characters’ personalities are both more extreme in their presentation. Kurokawa’s deep seated inferiority complex, which Mari did have, but not to the extent Kurokawa does; Fujishiro’s superiority complex and meanness, which were traits Akko never possessed (she was popular, but kind!). These two have a lot more changing and accommodating to do than Mari and Akko. This is the first work from Ajichi that I have read, and I’m excited to see where the story goes next.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I can't hate Miki despite how she acted, because it really is as Maho says. Miki's just too dumb and immature to be in control of her own feelings, let alone the situation. She'll wise up some day, hopefully, but until then at least she has a friend to lean on. Anyway I thought this mini-chapter was sweet in its own weird way.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

cuz thats what bros do

To reply you must either login or sign up.