Forum › Salad Bowl discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Go out to buy groceries and end up in some random girl's bed the next morning. Being gay sure is tough!

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

this looks promising

joined Sep 19, 2015

C9B is back, it seems? I'll read anything with their name on it.

Dayum, this series has style.

last edited at Apr 25, 2019 3:37PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OrangePekoe posted:

Go out to buy groceries and end up in some random girl's bed the next morning. Being gay sure is tough!

And then police chase followed by economic crisis... It really is, all lesbians can relate.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... why salad bowl?

joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm sure others will love this manga, but right away I can tell this isnt for me. The only real complaint I have beyond that is the use of g***y, although even then I can't necessarily blame the author too much, that word has unfortunately become a part of pop culture. Most ppl don't even know it is a slur.

joined Feb 11, 2014

Seems like the setting is Great Depression-era Western/Central Europe? I hope that means they get to beat up some Nazis.

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

Tossing salad was my first thought

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Atheme-logo-frag-square
joined Jun 2, 2018

Well, the dialogue is a bit excessive with the "as you know" exposition. But damn me if this isn't one of the most interesting and unique premises I've seen on this site recently. I look forward to seeing how this develops.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's a bit messy, but looks promising.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

^ "a bit" is an understatement. Still good though..

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I can't follow a story that moves like this.

This feels like a slice of life but reads like 10 shounen manga chapters crammed into one.

Hope the pace slows down a bit.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is kind of a hectic mess that I simply can't be bothered to try to parse plus there's the slur issue on top of that.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Exactly what I want from a spiritual successor to Love Flag Girls.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Interested

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You know, rather than enjoy the zany antics and the flamboyant panache of the MC trio, I cannot but feel sorry for that lady whose house was wrecked.

I'm such a bourgeois.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Artstyle reminds me a little of Little Witch Academia

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

is this kill la kill x the rolling girls?

Av
joined May 25, 2015

Artstyle reminds me a little of Little Witch Academia

Definitely, from time to time I saw some Akko faces from Avan; there’s also a similar cartoony feel to it.

Ferhog%20profile%20pic
joined Apr 13, 2019

I'm liking the setting and premise so far, and I always welcome a story with a gay protagonist that isn't primarily a romance or strictly focused on them being gay (Which this seems to be), but that large exposition dump in the middle really should have been delivered through narration boxes rather than unnaturally spoken aloud by the characters in-universe. I know I'm definately not the only one who's reminded of Studio Trigger from this chapter, and that's a positive thing in my eyes.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I think I got anxiety from reading the first 4 or 5 pages. But the good kind, reminds me of some of my favorite old school shonens.

And say what you will about the style, but you gotta admit a shonen adventure with 3 lesbians set during the Great Depression (or at least a great depression) is a very unique concept.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ferhog posted:

I'm liking the setting and premise so far, and I always welcome a story with a gay protagonist that isn't primarily a romance or strictly focused on them being gay (Which this seems to be), but that large exposition dump in the middle really should have been delivered through narration boxes rather than unnaturally spoken aloud by the characters in-universe. I know I'm definately not the only one who's reminded of Studio Trigger from this chapter, and that's a positive thing in my eyes.

Yeah that's the only thing I found weird... Like, I'm surprised the other girls didn't react with "...................yeah we know"

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

It’d be a lot easier to invest in if I didn’t have the sneaking suspiscion that the slur is going to remain a casual component of this world’s “lore”.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Love everything about this, can't wait for more.

To reply you must either login or sign up.