Forum › Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan discussion

Fb_img_1506323085663
joined Apr 2, 2017

¿No one is going to talk about the Adventure Time reference here?
[!https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shinmai_shimai_no_futari_gohan_ch32#16]
(I don't know how to attach images xd)

last edited at Feb 28, 2019 1:51PM

Av
joined May 25, 2015

Oh wow, that was so wholesome; we are basking in the light at the end of the tunnel for this family.

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

Their parents ship them. Confirmed

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awww. So cute. Clearly my drama fears were unfounded.

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

Why is there a 404: Men Not Found tag?

last edited at Mar 3, 2019 3:59AM

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

First time you've seen her dad or a guy at all in the whole series.
Would a Men:found tag for chapter 34 make you feel better?

I like how 34 chapters in and they still emphasize the hair tie she was given in the first chapter, super cute.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

First time you've seen her dad or a guy at all in the whole series.

Not strictly true. There were several guys in the manga up to this chapter. They just weren't as prominent as her dad was.

Some examples I can think of without searching:
- when Erie walks over to Sachis place, there is a guy in the front of the panel (with his wife and child I think)
- the Swiss Cheesemaker
- Ayaries dad whom we've seen on a picture before
- several male High Schoolers when the panels show Erie and Sachi in school
- Sachis dad whom we've seen from the back when he receives her letter

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Their parents already approve of their relationship

Mogami Yuriko
6d773abd5093e0f04807bae3fb796be4cee752bf
joined Mar 27, 2015

I'm usually the type to complain when something isn't yuri enough for me, but darn, this chapter made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside even I can only say good things. Loved every page!

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

now I'm hungry

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the name “Olivier salad”, like, does someone know about our salad?! Funny enough, foreigners usually find this salad strange and too fat, because it’s meant to have really big amounts of mayonnaise and there are too many different ingredints for a salad. In other countries the salad means some green with light sauce, but here it means “slice everything you have in the fridge and put as many mayonnaise as possible”.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Funny enough, foreigners usually find this salad strange and too fat, because it’s meant to have really big amounts of mayonnaise and there are too many different ingredients for a salad.

Sound pretty much just like regular potato salad to me. Then again, Estonia is right next door to Russia. :D

joined Jun 29, 2015

wow never know this was named as olivier salad, in my country it just known as russian salad

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the name “Olivier salad”, like, does someone know about our salad?! Funny enough, foreigners usually find this salad strange and too fat, because it’s meant to have really big amounts of mayonnaise and there are too many different ingredints for a salad. In other countries the salad means some green with light sauce, but here it means “slice everything you have in the fridge and put as many mayonnaise as possible”.

The US has similar things, we call pretty much any combo of meat + mayo a salad (ex; chicken salad, ham salad, etc), we also have things like macaroni/pasta salad, and of course potato salad.

Then there's weird stuff like "Jell-O Salad".

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Angry Ayari is cute

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

Funny enough, foreigners usually find this salad strange and too fat, because it’s meant to have really big amounts of mayonnaise and there are too many different ingredients for a salad.

Sound pretty much just like regular potato salad to me. Then again, Estonia is right next door to Russia. :D

That's because Estonians just call 'Olivier salad' a 'potato salad' for some unknown reason. Is that because potato is present in every variation I can remember? I always thought of it as a mix of various ingredients with equal impact on the dish, and potato salad is just, like, potato.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Why is Ayari a yakuza?

And the "Olivier Salad" doesn't have a fixed recipe anymore anyway. The French chef in the Moskow restaurant Hermitage that invented it took it with him in the grave.

it's not even sure it ever had a fixed recipe, since he may have changed it according to what was available depending on the season.

So, several chefs/restaurants/countries imitated it, but the original recipe is lost.

last edited at Apr 5, 2019 1:34PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Why is Ayari a yakuza?

Pffft, get a look at this dummy. Didn't even pick up on all the hints from earlier chapters! We've known Ayari is a high ranking member of the yakuza for ages.

joined Nov 14, 2013

At the very least Sachi has always figured that cutting off her pinky was an acceptable punishment for messing with Ayari's stuff since way back in chapter 2, so maybe Sachi just has secret yakuza plans of her own and is prepping her mind for it?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Must be that harsh look she had in her eyes especially in the early chapters when they still weren't used to each other.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Sachi ate both of Ayari’s puddings? Someone please take my mind out of the gutter....

Ayari pouting is super cute, when see missed out on nee-san cookies

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 10:33PM

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

so she wants to drink Ayari's pee? im down for that doujin XD

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

"It's a clamfest!"

Well, you're certainly on the right site for that....

joined May 1, 2015

Sachi is into waterworks. Brilliant.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Clams being boiled alive... It's worse when they boil octopuses alive too...

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 1:21AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.