Forum › Posts by jovewolf

joined Nov 14, 2013

Did she ever say she was marrying a guy, or is it an assumption? She didn’t say much after all about who the someone is

Well she's getting married in Japan, which still doesn't allow same-sex marriages (as far as I'm aware), so unless we find out that Japan in the manga does, assumption would be that she's marrying a man.

joined Nov 14, 2013

For those who wanna read the light novel series: volumes 1 & 2 on MF:

You know I don't think we should be posting links to pirated official translations that are still freely available for purchase - scanlations and fan-translations of non-localized works are one thing, but this doesn't seem right.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

I mean - Edogawa is the one that said she wanted to break up, which is we remember from the last series is pretty on point for her. Mari is just playing along because she knows this is just how Edogawa is.

joined Nov 14, 2013

if she's so famous why is she entering rookie contest lol.

She's a famous artist/illustrator, but a rookie mangaka - probably hasn't published any stories and/or manga that she herself wrote before.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

@Roshi710 they are talking about visual novels - computer games- so no, not on here. On steam for PC.

Some are on the Nintendo Switch too - the Nurse Love ones are at least.

joined Nov 14, 2013

We know a fair bit about Kageko, and she's just finished an arc, but we still don't know much about Sakurako's past (in fact this is the most we've heard about it in this chapter) so I imagine going forward we'll have a Sakurako focused arc.

joined Nov 14, 2013

They're so cute... I ship them so much!! (o ≧ ꒳≦ )b

I don't mean to be mean but how do you ship a couple in an actual/canon relationship

Just becuase the ship is canon, doesn't mean it's not a ship.

Would that be a gunboat or a ship of the line?

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

I do like Iroha intentionally prodding Fujishiro's jealousy several times this chapter - girl knows what's up.

She also unintentionally becomes friendly fire in Izumi's charm blast at the boys so that's pretty great too.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

The one who's useless is him. He's stuck in this little town and just tries to belittle the woman next to him so he can feel better about himself. Calling a woman "useless" because she makes mistakes from time to time is an habit of men with a complex of inferiority.

She could find a much better man (or woman) than this mediocre man.

I mean I'm pretty sure Yoshioka would be the first to agree with you - based on what we've seen through the entire story he's not calling her useless to make himself feel better, he's doing that in an effort to drive her away because he doesn't believe himself to be worth worrying about/loving/etc. when she could have something better.

jovewolf
Dear NOMAN discussion 12 Sep 16:51
joined Nov 14, 2013

Wow, that was crossovers nobody asked for

And BocchiMou hasn't been translated yet, afaik.

BocchiMou has an official translation from Seven Seas under the title "Beauty and the Beast Girl" which has been out for over a year now.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Try to "seduce" a man and end up with a Yuri harem.

Worked for Oddman 11.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Neeko has also exhibited development through the series as well - in this latest chapter she still went around to interview people with Urei and Imouko without being tricked into it, which is something she never would have done at the start of the manga, plus the video editing skills she picked up are starting to pay some dividends and she's both able to speak frankly about her worries with Urei as well as get snarky about her mother's efforts in front of others.

The development is slow no question, but that's honestly true to life for someone in Neeko's situation.

jovewolf
SHY discussion 07 Sep 01:56
joined Nov 14, 2013

And here I almost thought that Khufu was the Joker of this universe...

More the Harley Quinn - both in terms of her co-dependency and in terms of her not quite being as bad as the Joker while maintaining a similar motief.

jovewolf
Roid discussion 05 Sep 06:52
joined Nov 14, 2013

all this technology and they could’nt make Exo suits for disabled people? or just robotic legs

Given what we know of Yui currently, it's probaby likely that was the intended purpose of Anne's body to begin with - Yui probably intended to do a full transfer instead of a copy until she was talked out of it.

Robotic prosthetics are likely available but they're probably more like robotic exo-frames, where Yui seems the type that would want prosthetics that work almost exactly like human legs (but better maybe?) - which is exactly what she built in Anne.

jovewolf
Roid discussion 25 Aug 01:26
joined Nov 14, 2013

It's especially interesting that if the copying process works as described in chapter 1, neither Anna nor Yui likely have a full set of the original Yui's memories since it's an Extract-copy-load back to both Anna and Yui, and if Anna's memories are not complete due to imperfect copying, Yui's probably in the same boat (perhaps indicated by the fact that she can't remember where her shirt is).

There's also likely a third version of Yui's brain stored in the computer they used to do the copying unless someone erased it.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

Ponko needs another cheer up dance herself

joined Nov 14, 2013

I'd guess it was just something like Carol, for instance, which is PG12 in Japan.

Here's a trailer for a Japanese PG12 film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exvzDZ3lx7o

Watching that was hilarious. The absurdity of how it was classified as being material suitable for an elementary schooler/pre-teen to watch.

If I remember correctly, the manga that movie seems to be based on is basically sex-ed with an overall plot so it kind of makes sense in that regard?

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

Huh. Isn't Touma's friend basically a gyaru herself? She might not have the tan, but her hair seems to be dyed (since it's two tone and mostly blonde), she also has a pretty modern cut and a bunch of bracelets.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems odd that she'd be freaking out about Manatsu, just because of her looks.

I mean in chapter 2 the blonde hair wasn't even mentioned - to Touma a gyaru is "dark skin + long nails + strong makeup" which seems to be what all of Touma's friends and admirers think too.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Ah yes another manga when the conflict resolves and the series ends, fucking hell can the authors not write anything past that? Such a shame...

That is literally the definition of a narrative.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Why is Uzuki's skin light in some panels? Was the author too lazy to fill it all the way through? lol

It seems like Kobayashi was running up against their deadline in this one (see also the villa shot at the start with the blue stick figure placeholders)

jovewolf
Citrus + discussion 22 Jun 16:08
joined Nov 14, 2013

I'm pretty sure Yuzu is wearing her hair like that to show off the bruise she got from being punched in the last chapters - likely as a way to show she's not hiding anything when she talks to Sayaka, plus if she flaunts it she takes most of the heat herself like she prefers to do.

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 4:09PM

joined Nov 14, 2013

Essentially this is a vampire with a major food allergy. In her case it seems she can only digest rare blood types (or something to that effect).

This is something real people have to deal with, I don't know why it wouldn't be different for vampires if they existed?

joined Nov 14, 2013

Well this does also help give a meta-explaination of Rin's love of tracksuits - they're comfy, easy to wear and easy to draw!

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

I'm starting to wonder how did the editor and author pair meet in the online game. And how did editor realize the online person = chronic procrastinator she's been working with. Will love to see how that opens

The author has been pretty open about complaining about deadlines and her editor during their play sessions, and the editor obviously knows what the deadlines are and what she's said so it's not that hard to put two and two together.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

I was really hopping Momo was gonna get up and pummel the prince for touching her senpai like that.

Yeah, all that protectiveness from page 5 amounted to squat when it actually would have been useful.

Page 5 wasn't protectiveness. Page 5 was wanting to hurt someone.