Forum › Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

This series is getting a Dorama

https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/1166153439191003136

what a surprise! anyone knows a good place where to watch it online when it starts? do these dramas get fansubs?

last edited at Aug 27, 2019 5:45PM

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

It's kind of rare to see curry cooking in a manga or anime that doesn't load it up with potatoes and carrots. But this recipe is still a bit too heavy on fat, isn't it?
I never put potato in curry, but I do put lots of other vegetables in, and as a result, usually I don't have to add water. How do you guys normally make curry?

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

Serious question: That is Japanese style Curry Powder no?
I wanna try making this but unsure about the curry powder as curry from different countries have different spice base (thai, indian, england?)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Now my life is complete

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

So, is curry the new codeword for "pudding" ?

Also, I'm in love with the first two pannels. XD

joined Jan 6, 2017

It's kind of rare to see curry cooking in a manga or anime that doesn't load it up with potatoes and carrots. But this recipe is still a bit too heavy on fat, isn't it?
I never put potato in curry, but I do put lots of other vegetables in, and as a result, usually I don't have to add water. How do you guys normally make curry?

If I were to make Butter Chicken, I would put tomato purée to after the juice and together with the spices make it into a very thick roux. Then I would just add cream to make it into a masala. I would also cook the chicken separately in an oven or a grill to give it a nice char.

I might at times put some stock into the roux inatead of just cream or yogurt, but never plain water. I also very rarely put any vegetables besides tomato into an Indian curry (onion, garlic, and ginger all count as aromatics), but with Japanese curry it's a different story.

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

I usually went the easy route of using a curry roux block with stock and tomato paste with seasonings to taste (caramelized onion, garlic).
I usually add the veggies when making the stock (potato/carrot, grated apple) but never together with the curry.
Afterwards I just baked my left over potato and toss it in the curry when i serve alongside some cut apple slice and my katsu of choice.
Yeah, I've only ever made Japanese curry.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

It's funny how much I like this series, as I basically don't cook. lol

moresymphogearseasonsplease
Douman
joined Sep 30, 2019

i created a fan wiki for this manga a few months ago, most is done but some pages still needs some work

is anyone interested in helping write the pages for the main characters (sachi, ayari, eri)
those are the most popular pages but they still are kinda empty in the history/personality/relationships sections

most chapters have full summaries yet i get some sort mental block when trying to get anything done with the character pages, any help is welcome

https://shinmaishimainofutarigohan.fandom.com/wiki/Shinmai_Shimai_no_Futari_Gohan_Wiki

moresymphogearseasonsplease
Douman
joined Sep 30, 2019

sachi classmates know her pretty well, they know she talks about food only

always surprise me how the main characters relations are so well developed yet we don't even know their full names

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 6:58PM

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

This chapter is really cute, but something is bugging me. I'm really enjoying this series, yet I can't seem to see the supposed subtext no matter how hard I look. All I manage to see is two sisters bonding in a very sisterly, non-subtexty, and non-yuri way. Am I look for the subtext in the wrong place?

last edited at Oct 12, 2019 2:08AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

It kinda sounded like a confession at the end of the tuna chapter. Also, poor little girl got creeped out badly. XD

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

This chapter is really cute, but something is bugging me. I'm really enjoying this series, yet I can't seem to see the supposed subtext no matter how hard I look. All I manage to see is two sisters bonding in a very sisterly, non-subtexty, and non-yuri way. Am I look for the subtext in the wrong place?

I agree, I can't really read into it that way either. Now Eri on the other hand...

Sachi's arm looks freakishly long on the cover, and she looks kinda short too. I guess she looks more like a little kid than usual. Or maybe it's just me.

Anywho, thanks for all your hard work and happy 600th release yuri-ism.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lewd hand holding, with intertwined fingers at the end.

It needs NSFW tag now.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Also, is this the first chapter they don't cook something?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You just look it in the place you want, i don't think there a wrong place to look for subtext here. If you want to see subtext between Sachi and Eri then go for it,if you want to see between the sisters it's possible too.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

How is that subtext?

Short of them kissing, it's obvious that intertwined fingers is proof that their relationship is much closer than sisters.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also, first chapter where they don't cook or eat.

last edited at Oct 12, 2019 12:21PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

This chapter literally starts with Ayari getting blushy and excited about her date with Sachi the next day. Aquarium dates are also a super common trope in romantic manga.

It's true that there's nothing explicitly romantic about their interactions, but that's why it's subtext rather than just being called Yuri.

Eri also sure likes Sachi an awful lot. Again, nothing explicitly romantic, but she put a lot of effort into that valentines chocolate back when.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

It's definitely yuri, they want to be Atlantic Bluefin together

joined May 1, 2015

The hand holding was too strong on this one. It needs the insane amounts of sex tag.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Woo, 600 comments! Also I love the swimming sushi roll lmao

joined Dec 30, 2018

I miss this...

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Me too ;o;

To reply you must either login or sign up.