Forum › Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan discussion

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Revealing my ignorance of food here... but how long does ham stay good for? That's the ham their father sent them back in chapter 1, isn't it? I mean... sure, almost anything can last forever if you freeze it, but wouldn't that eventually affect the quality?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Dicks on page 3

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Revealing my ignorance of food here... but how long does ham stay good for? That's the ham their father sent them back in chapter 1, isn't it? I mean... sure, almost anything can last forever if you freeze it, but wouldn't that eventually affect the quality?

It's covered in salt to draw out moisture and preserve. Then its dried. Lasts several months after you first start cutting into it as long as you cover the part you've cut with some of the rind or a cloth. Also you want it at room temp in a dry area. Not in the fridge.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

They mentioned they got another ham from Dad in the summer rolls chapter. They probably get a new one every few months since they can apparently afford it.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Baby BOY?... Are you telling me that we can erase the 404: men not found tag????

Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

(https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shinmai_shimai_no_futari_gohan_ch32#8)
At this point in history, not everything that glitters is gold. Only the ham makes up for it. Lol xD

Long live the pururuca revolution! \o/ \o/ \o/ xD xD xD

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This chapter reminded me that some people apparently sold peaches with "panties" somewhere.

I think it was in China.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

So lewd...

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

joined May 7, 2017

Men Found

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Feels like there needs to be a parents make a appearance tag for this chapter.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

They killed Bambi's mom though... Also she hunted at least two venison but she only gave them like 2kg of meat, so cheap!

last edited at Feb 15, 2019 11:30PM

joined May 7, 2011

Well, it was Bambi's dad (antlers). Most Japanese homes have no way to store large volumes of meat. Those who hunt regularly may have stand alone freezers, but those are rare.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

They killed Bambi's mom though... Also she hunted at least two venison but she only gave them like 2kg of meat, so cheap!

She gave it for free, licenses, permits, ammo, etc aren’t cheap. She could have sold some of the meat, or gave some to others as well.

Photo-1445
joined Dec 15, 2011

She gave it for free, licenses, permits, ammo, etc aren’t cheap. She could have sold some of the meat, or gave some to others as well.

The people helping butcher the meat (page 13) almost certainly got a portion as well, possibly from a quarter to half an animal as payment since they're providing expertise and facilities (and probably have the certifications to sell it officially themselves). Plus sport hunters (as opposed to subsistence hunting) can be a lot more free with the meat, and some will share it proudly among friends and acquaintances. Unless you've got the time and space to care for it all yourself, a deer hunt turns into quite a communal thing.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Men Found

(https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/023/106/002.png)

lol

last edited at Feb 16, 2019 9:28AM by Nezchan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

THEY KILLED BAMBI'S MOM!

And they ate her too.

last edited at Feb 16, 2019 3:09AM

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

THEY KILLED BAMBI'S MOM!

And they ate her too.

Wish they had killed Bambi too. (Sorry having had to sit though that film several hundred times with children I am more than happy to eat as much venison as I can)

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wonder if the parent's return means more drama?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

shanejayell posted:

Wonder if the parent's return means more drama?

Probably not. They seem to be a happy family.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

If sisters started to sleep in the same bed or something I'd see where drama might've come in. But it's all perfectly chaste.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

If sisters started to sleep in the same bed or something I'd see where drama might've come in. But it's all perfectly chaste.

Eh, the last time we saw that happen, the parents were about the only people not causing any drama. :D

last edited at Feb 16, 2019 4:38PM

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

404: Men Found
I hope we don't get hit with family drama

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

This is a question I've had for awhile now and I'm sure it's been asked before by someone else,but what must Sachi and Ayari's grocery expenses look like and where in the world do they store all that food? From the variety of ingredients from all the meals prepared in each chapter, you'd think half their apartment was pantry space. Ayari does mention that she grows some of her own herbs and vegetables on their veranda, but where would she store that humongous ham leg from 2 chapters ago.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

ciega posted:

This is a question I've had for awhile now and I'm sure it's been asked before by someone else,but what must Sachi and Ayari's grocery expenses look like and where in the world do they store all that food? From the variety of ingredients from all the meals prepared in each chapter, you'd think half their apartment was pantry space. Ayari does mention that she grows some of her own herbs and vegetables on their veranda, but where would she store that humongous ham leg from 2 chapters ago.

A pocket dimension in the kitchen, duh.

To reply you must either login or sign up.