Forum › Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! discussion

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

another thing to look forward to in the new year!

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

OH NO ... SHE ASKED HER MOTHER TO TEACH HER HOW TO DO MAKE UP D:
WE NEED TO STOP HER BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE !!!!

joined Jul 31, 2013

Secret kiss

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Off-screen kisses should be illegal.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

It's a secret because she didn't kiss her on the cheek

joined Dec 10, 2017

Does anyone else think the anime's art style and entire mood are just a little off? It's definitely adorable and I'm going to continue to watch, but it doesn't have the same appeal that the manga has. (Not that it's less appealing. It's just different)

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Does anyone else think the anime's art style and entire mood are just a little off? It's definitely adorable and I'm going to continue to watch, but it doesn't have the same appeal that the manga has. (Not that it's less appealing. It's just different)

The anime is one of the rare cases where I everyone slightly cuter tbh

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Ofscreen kisses should be punished for heresy

It's probably the overall tempo of the anime vs the manga. In the manga it seems like the speed of things are faster, the tsukkomis, deadpan jokes, and characters reactions to stuff comes across dynamic and high octane, but for some weird reason, the anime inverts this and opts to go for a more laidback tempo, which doesn't really fit imo.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Nyoro~n

Neko
joined Dec 27, 2014

You know what actually felt wrong in the anime ?

Best girl only appeared at the end of ep.1...

joined Jul 23, 2014

i like how the author kept the slightly shorter bangs on Miyako

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

For Noah's birthday, Miya should have just wrapped Hinata in a ribbon and gave her to Noah, would have been the perfect present. XD

joined Dec 16, 2017

Nyoro~n

I laughed out loud when this happened. The cutest little lolidiot.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

It was her cheek, but the other kind of cheek.

Suguru-doujima-136886
joined Sep 20, 2017

Same thing here. I imagined Miyako's character totally different and some scenes were just a bit off
But I did like it, as two separate things

last edited at Jan 17, 2019 7:41AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

It was her cheek, but the other kind of cheek.

Goddamn, do you think this is yuru yuri?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

kirakazumi posted:

Ofscreen kisses should be punished for heresy

It's probably the overall tempo of the anime vs the manga. In the manga it seems like the speed of things are faster, the tsukkomis, deadpan jokes, and characters reactions to stuff comes across dynamic and high octane, but for some weird reason, the anime inverts this and opts to go for a more laidback tempo, which doesn't really fit imo.

Anime tries to make it feel more like your standard anime with pacing and episode progression instead of being blatant "anime based on yonkoma". Just copy pacing jokes from manga very often fall flat, because of very huge difference in format, so straight adaptations usually don't work as well, but WataTen seems to go into opposite extreme, by trying to distance itself from yonkoma as much as possible. Entire opening where we see Miyako going about her day and all the times she is agonizing about her friendship towards Hana is all added to make it feel more than just your standard comedy. I'm honestly not sure whatever I like this approach or not. I really liked the way Kyuuketsuki-san was adapted. It did great job with pacing its jokes, while still keeping true to its yonkoma, slice of life format.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I don't like the anime's character designs. The manga's faces are precious little squished potatoes, while the anime's look like the sides of their faces were pinched in to make their heads taller. It's a small change, but it loses a lot of the charm that made me like the designs.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

It's probably worth remembering that the early chapters weren't so snappy on the comedy as the later ones, so I think the anime's as good as I expected if not better. I like the visual choices too.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

RIP SnowBunny

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

RIP SnowBunny

You beat me to it lol.
Cute chapter as ever.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Combine! Poor snow bunny. xD

Also, unless I didn't visit the site before it disappeared, I don't think this chapter made to the first page.

last edited at Jan 25, 2019 3:14PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Also, unless I didn't visit the site before it disappeared, I don't think this chapter made to the first page.

Happens with chapters that have a release date earlier than the date they're added. I've been always checking the Recently Added page as well ever since I first noticed this, to make sure I don't miss something.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Happens with chapters that have a release date earlier than the date they're added. I've been always checking the Recently Added page as well ever since I first noticed this, to make sure I don't miss something.

Oh, thanks for pointing out. I've missed on new chapters multiple times.

Sometimes due to forgetting the manga's name lol

joined May 1, 2015

I like how nonchalantly Matsumoto calls Miyako's mum "Mother"
Also, I somehow get the feeling that Miyako's mum used to be a deliquent, and she used to beat up girls like her daughter. Omegalul.

To reply you must either login or sign up.