Forum › Liberty discussion

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

It’s possible to interpret this series so it makes sense/bears some passing resemblance to actual human behavior.

But it’s not easy.

I don't know what you mean, it's totally normal to sign such a ridiculous contract calling yourself a slave and being treated as a thing instead of a person

She might have misgivings, but she'll brush them off and go shopping because our MC can't have any conflict/ thoughts of her own

Lol, what a cute romance this is

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I've come to enjoy this series, since with this absurd development I lost all respect for both MCs and I can finally accept, that it's just a story about two idiots. (focus on "just a story")

last edited at Dec 7, 2018 4:18AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Ranzo posted:

Manga's called liberty
"I want you to be my slave."
Well, alright then.

She has plenty of liberty. To say "yes," at least.

joined Apr 28, 2016

You've gotta be brain dead to agree to a contract like that. Hopefully it isn't as serious as it seems.

It is not like it has any legal power (unless japan has weird laws I guess) but yeah probably a sign to find a new crush.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

You've gotta be brain dead to agree to a contract like that. Hopefully it isn't as serious as it seems.

It is not like it has any legal power (unless japan has weird laws I guess) but yeah probably a sign to find a new crush.

Depending on how its worded among several other factors. Basically she signed a eula guidelines of what is and is not allowed and a basic punishment in this case probly being slaped. Will it hold up in court? No probly not.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Maki doesn't seem to be taking the contract very seriously at the moment, but Liz is insecure and unstable enough that I'm not sure I want to find out just how far she'd go to try and enforce it.

(And by "I'm not sure I want to find out", I mean "I absolutely want to find out, but I bet Maki won't".)

last edited at Dec 7, 2018 7:01AM

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

so....they are officially a couple now I guess somehow? Is this what that contract means?
Im in confusion.

Oh and the Ex is back, isnt that nice.

joined Oct 17, 2018

update after a month xD?
deym i want chapters more x.x ...
this manga have a potential T T ...

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I wish Maki has some backbone then maybe I can enjoy this manga better.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

You know what, after I wrote Maki off, I discovered I can actually enjoy this. A doormat gets no sympathy from me, so I can take the slave contract and laugh at it. I am actually starting to like Liz, lmao! If I knew from the start these characters would turn out this way, I might have enjoyed previous chapters more.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Well, that was ...vague.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You know what, after I wrote Maki off, I discovered I can actually enjoy this. A doormat gets no sympathy from me, so I can take the slave contract and laugh at it. I am actually starting to like Liz, lmao! If I knew from the start these characters would turn out this way, I might have enjoyed previous chapters more.

I probably won’t say this very clearly, but I don’t mind the kind of stories where things like Chapter 8 happen, but only when the story sends the signals that it’s that kind of story.

This one started off as if it was going to be in the mode of Kimi Koi Limit or its sequel (kinda clueless cute blonde, brunette beauty with an edge, yadda yadda), but then it was like someone thought, “Let’s do something with a kind of Happy Sugar Life feel, only make it really subtle!”

You know, like a band playing an emo ballad that takes on a bit of death metal tinge after the chorus.

I want to lock these two idiotic assholes in a room with Ena from Yuunagi Marbled and not let them out until she gets them sorted.

Images
joined Feb 5, 2018

I'm suddenly having a world without freedom flashbacks.

But nobody can top Naoko sensei's level of harassing characters. xD

joined Sep 6, 2015

I probably won’t say this very clearly, but I don’t mind the kind of stories where things like Chapter 8 happen, but only when the story sends the signals that it’s that kind of story.

This one started off as if it was going to be in the mode of Kimi Koi Limit or its sequel (kinda clueless cute blonde, brunette beauty with an edge, yadda yadda), but then it was like someone thought, “Let’s do something with a kind of Happy Sugar Life feel, only make it really subtle!”

You know, like a band playing an emo ballad that takes on a bit of death metal tinge after the chorus.

I want to lock these two idiotic assholes in a room with Ena from Yuunagi Marbled and not let them out until she gets them sorted.

Agree completely, that is why I wrote "if I knew from the start". I am a sucker for terrible characters, for example, I enjoyed "Netsuzou Trap" immensely, but there it was clear from the get-go what I am getting. Not the case here, hence my disappointment with earlier chapters.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Liz was characterized as rude and unreasonable from the start. Maki was shocked, but still bent over backward to appease her.

joined Sep 6, 2015

Liz was characterized as rude and unreasonable from the start. Maki was shocked, but still bent over backward to appease her.

It is more a matter of degree. It is not that Liz was not bad before, it is just how bad she is. Same with Maki, she was a doormat from the start, but it is the degree to which she is willing to let Liz hurt her that felt off-putting about her, and that was what I did not expect. I still remember when she did nothing wrong, proceeded to apologise regardless, got slapped for her trouble, and the first thought after being hit was along the lines of "is Liz alright". The badness and the doormatness were present from the get-go, I just did not expect both of them would take it as far as they did, and if I knew, I might have appreciated this work more.

joined Nov 21, 2017

???? Slave contract? Oõ

Ava
joined Dec 7, 2018

I waited for months and I’m disappointed. Honjou deserves better.

Agree... She deserves better!!!!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It is more a matter of degree. It is not that Liz was not bad before, it is just how bad she is. Same with Maki, she was a doormat from the start, but it is the degree to which she is willing to let Liz hurt her that felt off-putting about her, and that was what I did not expect.

Right—if this had been set up as the story of a sub finding her domme, well, that’s a kind of story that can be done well or poorly.

This comes off more as an idiot hooking up with an asshole.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Older chapters updated with fixed versions.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Fun fact: Liz's real name in Japanese is 橘花 いづみ.
Kitta Izumi in Japanese is written 橘田 いずみ.
The first kanji is the same. Also 橘花 can also be read as Kikka, but I'm not sure how widespread it is as a surname.
Kitta Izumi isn't even trying to hide that Liz is basically her self-insert and I'm pretty sure that some situations like having to hide her sexuality in order to attract male fans are based on her own experience.

Oh so interesting! But i dunno how to feel if Liz is supposed to be based off on her. I don't wanna think of Kitta Izumi as a yandere asshole :(

joined Feb 22, 2018

Is it just me or does it feel like if Liz was a real person, she'd definitively be diagnosed with either bipolar or borderline disorders?

last edited at Dec 19, 2018 9:51AM

joined Dec 21, 2016

Fun fact: Liz's real name in Japanese is 橘花 いづみ.
Kitta Izumi in Japanese is written 橘田 いずみ.
The first kanji is the same. Also 橘花 can also be read as Kikka, but I'm not sure how widespread it is as a surname.
Kitta Izumi isn't even trying to hide that Liz is basically her self-insert and I'm pretty sure that some situations like having to hide her sexuality in order to attract male fans are based on her own experience.

Oh so interesting! But i dunno how to feel if Liz is supposed to be based off on her. I don't wanna think of Kitta Izumi as a yandere asshole :(

Who knows, maybe she made one of her fellow seiyuu sign a slave contract with her.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Man, they erased the part when Liz said she liked women :( assholes those of the magazine... (I didn't see it the first time I read it, thought).

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I keep going back and forth on whether I like this or not. Rereading it from the start, Liz doesn't seem like as big of an asshole as she did when I was reading as it was uploaded. She's definitely an oddball with some significant issues that need to be worked through, but the parts that seemed really bad before are making more sense now. That's not to say that they're all excusable of course. She shouldn't have slapped Maki under any circumstance. The difference is that I can believe her character now... aside from that "slave contract" thing, but that definitely falls into the "some issues" category and I'll let it slide for the moment because suspension of disbelief. I'm looking forward to the next release though!

To reply you must either login or sign up.