Forum › Posts by Silfay

Silfay
joined Feb 22, 2018

I really miss this series, it's hard to find something that would be this particular type of relaxing, cute and drama-free at the same time.

Silfay
joined Feb 22, 2018

I just couldn't maintain my suspension of disbelief long enough to actually develop any real interest in the story. Not only are the characters bland and boring, the setting conflicts with my real world common sense too much, and author doesn't seem to introduce any elements to alleviate the discrepancies. Not gonna read any future chapters.

Silfay
Liberty discussion 19 Dec 09:51
joined Feb 22, 2018

Is it just me or does it feel like if Liz was a real person, she'd definitively be diagnosed with either bipolar or borderline disorders?

last edited at Dec 19, 2018 9:51AM

Silfay
Citrus discussion 22 Feb 06:59
joined Feb 22, 2018

At this point, it feels like Mei has become the Justin Bieber/Taylor Swift of Yuri manga/anime world; its just so much fun to hate on her. Everybody just jumps on the bandwagon of hate without even considering the damaged nature of her character or the fact that she is suffering so much. Why so hate? Because she didn't turn out like her f**ktard father and is actually a responsible human being?

It's all a question of whether you can excuse Mei's actions or not. If you see what she is doing as "being responsible", and understand that she's a deeply flawed character with lots of issues of her own, you might be able to "excuse" what she is doing to Yuzu. But that would require the reader to be sympathetic towards Mei, which is just not something a lot of people can do, seeing as she is not a relatable character all things considered.

And therein lies the issue. If you only see Mei's actions for what they are and not why they are (which is the way most people judge other's actions towards themselves in their day to day lives) you can only see Mei selfishly benefiting from somebody being in love with her, while not having the decency to tell them the truth before the inevitable meltdown, hurting the other person deeply in the process, and in the end instead of putting in the effort to help the other person understand, she just leaves them to deal with the pain alone.

So the real dilemma is deciding between which of these two questions hold more weight:
Did Mei have compelling reasons to do what she did? and
Did Mei end up taking everything she could from their relationship and severed it at a point most beneficial to her, disregarding the other person completely?

Most people seem to see the second question as more important than the first one, hence all the hate.