Forum › Liberty discussion

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

yayyy drama was solved. NOW FUCK!
who am i kidding, GIVE ME ALL THE DRAMA MOMONO MOTO!!

btw, many ppl are making a fuss over a single slap, yup it's bad to slap your girlfriend without her doing any fault and joke about it afterwards, but you need to get this, THEY BOTH LOVE EACHOTHER! some relationships don't require a "sorry" to fix things up. only the feelings that matter. if you really decide to leave your lover because of something like that, then you're not in love for real.

Bullshit. In my opinion.

Pretty much.

Also, at this stage I am almost unbothered by the unhinged grill, it is the doormat that irks me. In the last chapter, she got slapped for the terrible crime of apologising for doing something she had no idea whatsoever could set the crazy one off. And I mean really, that "trauma" is so beyond absurd, no one would ever suspect something like that. "Hmm, but what if she had her heart broken and the girl who did it also gave her these same earrings, no, best buy something else." But even when getting slapped, her first thought was whether or not Liz was alright after realising the latter was crying.

And now she is continuing the trend, almost every third sentence she utters is an apology. Not to mention the crazy one actually tells her it was her fault, lmao! At this point, I would probably not even blink at further abuse, Maki is obviously a moron, and I find any traces of my sympathy for her drained. But at least they match, I mean, Maki also blamed herself for the whole thing, and now Liz confirmed it was indeed her fault. Perfect couple, I wish them all the happiness.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

yayyy drama was solved. NOW FUCK!
who am i kidding, GIVE ME ALL THE DRAMA MOMONO MOTO!!

btw, many ppl are making a fuss over a single slap, yup it's bad to slap your girlfriend without her doing any fault and joke about it afterwards, but you need to get this, THEY BOTH LOVE EACHOTHER! some relationships don't require a "sorry" to fix things up. only the feelings that matter. if you really decide to leave your lover because of something like that, then you're not in love for real.

Bullshit. In my opinion.

Pretty much.

Also, at this stage I am almost unbothered by the unhinged grill, it is the doormat that irks me. In the last chapter, she got slapped for the terrible crime of apologising for doing something she had no idea whatsoever could set the crazy one off. And I mean really, that "trauma" is so beyond absurd, no one would ever suspect something like that. "Hmm, but what if she had her heart broken and the girl who did it also gave her these same earrings, no, best buy something else." But even when getting slapped, her first thought was whether or not Liz was alright after realising the latter was crying.

And now she is continuing the trend, almost every third sentence she utters is an apology. Not to mention the crazy one actually tells her it was her fault, lmao! At this point, I would probably not even blink at further abuse, Maki is obviously a moron, and I find any traces of my sympathy for her drained. But at least they match, I mean, Maki also blamed herself for the whole thing, and now Liz confirmed it was indeed her fault. Perfect couple, I wish them all the happiness.

Yeah, I didn’t give the original poster enough credit—“If you really love your partner, getting slapped hard in the face for trying your best to be nice is no big deal” is the kind of everyday bullshit you can hear in any bar in the world.

But “The two characters in this story love each other”—now there’s some top-grade, professional-troll-level bullshit.

Maki is obviously somewhat attracted to Liz for some reason, and Liz has some kind of fucked-up emotional dependency/abuse thing going with Maki, so who knows?—maybe by the end of the series they will manifest something that ordinary human beings would recognize as “love.”

But to claim “THEY BOTH LOVE EACHOTHER!” about this story? You won’t find that quality bullshit every day.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Yeah, I didn’t give the original poster enough credit—“If you really love your partner, getting slapped hard in the face for trying your best to be nice is no big deal” is the kind of everyday bullshit you can hear in any bar in the world.

But “The two characters in this story love each other”—now there’s some top-grade, professional-troll-level bullshit.

Maki is obviously somewhat attracted to Liz for some reason, and Liz has some kind of fucked-up emotional dependency/abuse thing going with Maki, so who knows?—maybe by the end of the series they will manifest something that ordinary human beings would recognize as “love.”

But to claim “THEY BOTH LOVE EACHOTHER!” about this story? You won’t find that quality bullshit every day

yes, THEY DO LOVE EACHOTHER! to the point that maki didn't care about being slapped and instead was totally concerned with why liz was crying. if that's not called love, i don't what is it called then, perhaps you could enlighten me?

the fact that you guys, are calling a simple slap "VIOLENCE!" ironically reminds me of those messed up feminsts shouting "RAPE!" over a single touch, and the fact that you're calling Maki a masohist over a single slap doesn't help it either. it's not like she's being slapped every min while being called a dirty pig. you guys need to distinguish between abusive relationships and relationships that are having a bad time. i'm not saying that what Liz did is right or was justifed just because she loves maki, she's indeed a spoiled brat who will take out her anger on her innocent girlfriend for no reason, sure, as a viewer, you will get bothered by this act. but in reality, true lovers won't leave eachother because of one fight. instead, true lover WILL have fights, but however, they will patch things up in no time. now i don't know what kind of perfect and happy relationship you're having in real life where no bad things ever occur between you and your partner, that's also great, but in reality almost all relationships go through hardships, but in the end, only true lovers will accept eachother's faults and patch things up in no time.

last edited at Sep 11, 2018 8:14PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But to claim “THEY BOTH LOVE EACHOTHER!” about this story? You won’t find that quality bullshit every day

yes, THEY DO LOVE EACHOTHER! to the point that maki didn't care about being slapped and instead was totally concerned with why liz was crying. if that's not called love, i don't what is it called then, perhaps you could enlighten me?

the fact that you guys, are calling a simple slap "VIOLENCE!" ironically reminds me of those messed up feminsts shouting "RAPE!" over a single touch, and the fact that you're calling Maki a masohist over a single slap doesn't help it either. it's not like she's being slapped every min while being called a dirty pig. you guys need to distinguish between abusive relationships and relationships that are having a bad time. i'm not saying that what Liz did is right or was justifed just because she loves maki, she's indeed a spoiled brat who will take out her anger on her innocent girlfriend for no reason, sure, as a viewer, you will get bothered by this act. but in reality, true lovers won't leave eachother because of one fight. instead, true lover WILL have fights, but however, they will patch things up in no time. now i don't know what kind of perfect and happy relationship you're having in real life where no bad things ever occur between you and your partner, that's also great, but in reality almost all relationships go through hardships, but in the end, only true lovers will accept eachother's faults and patch things up in no time.

Bullshit. In my opinion.

joined Jan 7, 2018

Bullshit. In my opinion

if bullshit is the only proper reply you have in mind, then you can say it as much as you like i don't have a problem ^^

joined Jan 7, 2018

No, they don't. They barely even know each other, there is no love here to be seen.

First, they are not in a relationship. Liz has seen to that. Second, Liz has slapped Maki twice, not just once. Third, what kind of abusive relationships have you been in that makes you think slapping your SO is normal? 30 years of marriage and I have never seen my parents lay a hand on each other. Slapping isn't normal.

it's been a while since i read the first chapters so my mind was tricked into thinking they were going out because of all the flirting. well, anyway, even if they are not going out it's cheap of you to deny the love between them after all the flirting and characters dialouge. it's a yuri manga by momono moto for god's sake.
I really forgot the first slap, which chapter was it?

what kind of abusive relationships have you been in that makes you think slapping your SO is normal? 30 years of marriage and I have never seen my parents lay a hand on each other. Slapping isn't normal.

i haven't said that slapping someone is normal, i said that it is not a reason to leave your lover. let us imagine if maki had left lez what would've happened? Maki would've caused Lez even more pain, a normal person/friend would've never talked to her again AND they totally have the right to do so, i'm not against it, however, maki does love lez and would never leave her alone. i'm not saying that you guys are wrong, you have all the right to break up or leave someone you don't feel comfortable with. however, what bothers me is that you guys are calling someone a masohist for tolerating their lover's bad behaviour/snapping out. love doesn't have to be perfect with perfect couples. and love is totally different for everyone, i'm saying what i'm saying because i tend to be tolerant, that's my personality, but you don't have the right to call my love messed up or weird.

last edited at Sep 11, 2018 9:44PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Bullshit. In my opinion

if bullshit is the only proper reply you have in mind, then you can say it as much as you like i don't have a problem ^^

That’s not a reply, it’s a simple description—statements as idiotic as you’ve been spewing don’t need replies.

joined Jan 7, 2018

Bullshit. In my opinion

That’s not a reply, it’s a simple description—statements as idiotic as you’ve been spewing don’t need replies.

another bad reply. are you trying to sound cool or something instead of actually discussing things properly?

last edited at Sep 11, 2018 9:45PM

joined Jul 4, 2018

Second, Liz has slapped Maki twice, not just once.

chap6 is the first time Liz has slapped Maki..

last edited at Sep 11, 2018 9:49PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Second, Liz has slapped Maki twice, not just once.

chap6 is the first time Liz has slapped Maki.

I believe that is correct. Liz just screams at her and throws her out for giving her a birthday present, and then slaps her for apologizing for giving the birthday present.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Some people on dynasty are really sensitive and overreacting too much.

Ve_honoka
joined Sep 8, 2018

I'd hate it if the next chapter starts with a skip to the next day or something. Liz says she feels refreshed after telling Maki everything, but she really explained nothing. If the next chapter doesn't continue in Maki's apartment, with Liz telling her why she was mad, then I would consider that a real problem with the writing of this series. How am I supposed to sympathize with the main character if she takes all this shit from Liz and her reaction is "I'm glad she forgave me" instead of wanting an explanation?

I may be jumping the gun here, since I haven't seen the next chapter yet, but those time skips are a trope that has always bugged me...

1. miscommunication
  2. conversation in which characters would have the chance to talk it out
  3. cut away in the middle of it
  4. new scene: "I haven't talked to senpai in 2 weeks"

A seasoned drama author like momono moto will hopefully not just stretch the existing drama out like this.

Edit: typo

last edited at Sep 12, 2018 4:54AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'd hate it if the next chapter starts with a skip to the next day or something. Liz says she feels refreshed after telling Maki everything, but she really explained nothing. If the next chapter doesn't continue in Maki's apartment, with Liz telling her why she was mad, then I would consider that a real problem with the writing of this series.

A seasoned drama author like momono moto will hopefully not just stretch the existing drama out like this.

Pretty sure Momono Moto is just drawing this; voice actress Kitta Izumi is the writer.

Ve_honoka
joined Sep 8, 2018

Pretty sure Momono Moto is just drawing this; voice actress Kitta Izumi is the writer.

I was hoping they would maybe talk about the planned story, if I was working with MM then I surely would ask for some pointers.

Edit: hopefully real English now

last edited at Sep 12, 2018 5:19AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I was hoping they would maybe talk about the planned story, if I was working with MM then I surely would ask for some pointers.

I would have thought so too. I have no idea how the two of them are working together in practice, but although this story reads like an MM story in its themes and overall tone, it feels like there's something rather askew in the pacing, scene development, and characterization.

joined Sep 12, 2018

Tsk, I'm so disapointed with this manga.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

i haven't said that slapping someone is normal, i said that it is not a reason to leave your lover. let us imagine if maki had left lez what would've happened? Maki would've caused Lez even more pain, a normal person/friend would've never talked to her again AND they totally have the right to do so, i'm not against it, however, maki does love lez and would never leave her alone. i'm not saying that you guys are wrong, you have all the right to break up or leave someone you don't feel comfortable with. however, what bothers me is that you guys are calling someone a masohist for tolerating their lover's bad behaviour/snapping out. love doesn't have to be perfect with perfect couples. and love is totally different for everyone, i'm saying what i'm saying because i tend to be tolerant, that's my personality, but you don't have the right to call my love messed up or weird.

Of course you can (and should) be able to forgive your partner. But there needs to be respect in a relationship, because love won't always last. At least not the fluffy-falling-in-love-feeling. But... from the way the slap scene was played out, it just felt bitchy. My point is just that Liz is a huge self-centered bitch-character, who believes slapping people is okay when she feels bad. I think she is not at all likable and that's to some degree because the story is kind of a mess.
At first she's supposed to be the mysterious beauty, surprising and kind of cool. Then she is a rockstar (also considered cool) and suddenly she is the girl with the horrible past, also violent out of nowhere and not cool.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh wow, this discussion.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

It's a shame this is just ending up as a blah attempt at a story. I can't even blame Kitta Izumi or Momono Moto (whose works I tend to dig), I just feel like this is a casualty of the Galette format. This last chapter was a whole lot of nothing, in my opinion.
Well, actually, I suppose I can blame them. They should have planned what they could and couldn't do in terms of page length and time gap.

last edited at Sep 18, 2018 1:53AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Oh wow, this discussion.

just a normal day on dynasty ;)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Chapter 8, seen elsewhere: “It’s so fun and exciting to be abused—I can hardly wait!”

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Wow what a not toxic at all relationship /s
if they try to pass this off as being a BDSM thing i'm going to hate this manga even more

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

They must be joking this time. We wait for months just for this? Did they not know Galette's format. Chapters are like a weekly series. Art is the only good thing for this manga

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I can't decide whether this is supposed to be a bad romance parody or what at this point...

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Some people on dynasty are really sensitive and overreacting too much.

And some people think the forums are only for uncritically praising everything.

I thought the forums were for kicking people who complain where it hurts most. That's ok, to each their own I suppose. =)

To reply you must either login or sign up.