Forum › I Hate Things Like Love discussion

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

We live in a civilized society. Normal people don't go around kicking and punching other people, even if they're assholes. In fact, responding to assholes by kicking/punching them is a great way to get yourself in jail, most places.

Neither Yuu nor Emi even told the guy "fuck off" or "go away" or communicated in any way that they wanted him to leave. Emi just ran in and knocked him to the ground. If you use violence as your first resort rather than as your last, then you are not a balanced person, not fit to live in a civilized society. That rapid escalation to violence, in addition to her own obsessive behavior, clearly indicates that she's unhinged.

Edit: I should clarify. I don't think she's completely off the deep end, I just mean that there's something not quite right about her. Apparently she only has one friend in the world, and the closest thing to a friend she has besides Yuu are the men she seduces to keep them away from her. That's just not a healthy way to go through life, and it seems to have taken its toll on her.

Any threat against yuri must be terminated without delay and with extreme prejudice.

pokes Lily-Maria

C'mon. Do something.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Dat drama! Dat aaaaaaaaaangst! Only 2 chapters in

Smoltopbun
joined Mar 2, 2018

Series about angst
Expecting communication in the first few chapter
????

Don't like some boy ...You're terrible at it
Does that imply every guy Yuu ends up with is either after her to do her or two timing?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is such a good manga. Such a multi-layered realistic story.

So blonde meganekko is aware of the other girl's feelings. And of the other girl's doings as well. And she is even aware that only a girl with a dark, sinister, obsessive side would act like that! And she doesn't find it attractive at all!

But at the same time she feels kind of good about that. She doesn't like it (cuz it's dark, slimy, etc.) but she also likes it (cuz it makes her feel superior to the other girl). It's rare that a mangaka goes the extra inch to make her characters' reactions so complicated and true to life.

Most of the stories I read lately seem to aim for the "simple" and "happy" feel. Girl A likes girl B, and, surprise, girl B always liked her too! Girl A is rejected by girl B but keeps chasing after her until girl B realizes how cute and adorbz she is and accepts her feelings! Girl A agrees to have sex with girl B just to humor her, and finds that it's ten times better than het sex, so they become a couple -- happy end! Next to these, I Hate Things Like Love is really refreshing. It's not every day that we get to read a story where the characters are so complex, just like real people! Two thumbs up to the author! d^_^b

joined Aug 7, 2018

Waiting for the moment the Yandere tag gets applied.....

No one died... yet.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Slayin' tropes. Woo!

joined Jul 23, 2017

Why do men even exist! Jeez

Chapter 3 will be the last chapter.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was underwhelming for an ending.

The girl is just possessive and afraid to be abandoned and doesn't even love glasses girl.

Their relationship will never go anywhere.

joined Jul 11, 2015

lol wtf

joined Feb 23, 2016

What the?

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

...What?

joined Jun 12, 2015

Whoa, I didn't think this manga would end in such a ridiculous and disappointing way. It's not even yuri.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Well that was a massive waste of time

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Wait, what? Did this just end? I don't think that was even a full volume, did it get axed?

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

After this I've come to a conclusion. Some artists better just stick to doujin or oneshot.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Wait, what? Did this just end? I don't think that was even a full volume, did it get axed?

looks like it,since last month there was no chapter,which is weird for a new manga,and then this month the end.
that's probably why the ending doesn't make any sense

joined Jan 15, 2018

looks like it,since last month there was no chapter,which is weird for a new manga,and then this month the end.
that's probably why the ending doesn't make any sense

The author said it will be 'very short' before it started.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

What?

joined Jan 15, 2018

https://www.pixiv.net/fanbox/creator/280282/post/179417

Here is author's afterword if you can read Japanese.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

That punchline doesn't quite match the size of the issues between them...

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

The credit page is my face after reading ''fin''

Icon_flower-flower
joined May 14, 2015

I'm so lost... So then, Eimi likes her but hasn't realize her feelings well? Or is it just really her selfish feelings/obsession for her friend and not wanting to be alone?
And it makes me wonder if Yuu migh have some feelings for her since she seemed fine to kiss her... or she is just an amazing friend to still care about her after all Eimi has done to her.

Maybe I'm thinking too much but I was liking this manga, oh well I'll just think they end up happy in the end T-T

1523068069413s
joined Jun 2, 2017

75 watts

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I'm so lost... So then, Eimi likes her but hasn't realize her feelings well? Or is it just really her selfish feelings/obsession for her friend and not wanting to be alone?
And it makes me wonder if Yuu migh have some feelings for her since she seemed fine to kiss her... or she is just an amazing friend to still care about her after all Eimi has done to her.

Maybe I'm thinking too much but I was liking this manga, oh well I'll just think they end up happy in the end T-T

Emi is possessive and too immature to make sense of the emotions involved, and her friend is mature enough to see right through her and, if she so chooses, to move on in life.

last edited at Oct 28, 2018 8:38AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.