Forum › Posts by acelaten

joined Jan 15, 2018

Why patriarchy exists? Because of the war. (not because "man hunts woman gathers" or "men are breadwinners" since in the old times every hand on deck are needed to survive, 19-20th century men breadwinner model is result of patriarchy not cause).
Why war is related to patriarchy? Because on average, male human has higher upper body strength which wield weapon.

But why fantasies with "magic" where magician exist in both gender still has patriarchy?
Author of LN tries to put justification for that in LN.

joined Jan 15, 2018

Is it just me, or did it get axed real fucking hard?

2 volume end is quite usual (especially in Yuri). It is axed but not hard.

joined Jan 15, 2018

https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000180010000_68/

First chapter dropped and it has quite changed.

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018
joined Jan 15, 2018

Kotone's story was sad and all, but it doesn't excuse her from pushing her own ideas and insecurities on Mogu, because she was hurt and assuming Mogu is "weird" like her, so Mogu will never find anyone as well, so only option for them is to settle for each other, since they're better off like that. All under the disguise of pretending to know better what is best for Mogu, while completely ignoring Mogu's identity and their own desires. She couldn't even not see Mogu as "just another guy" and reacted with disgust, while at the same time forcing them to "be a girl" so she can feel safe and secure with them. All she did for Mogu was self-serving and focused only on making her life better. Surly the best relationship for Mogu.

This.
But the author seems to love happy ending, so I expect admission of guilt and redemption story, and possibly new love story for Kotone.

joined Jan 15, 2018

Here the “normal” is not the antonym of “abnormal” but “extraordinary”.

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018

And this is what happens when you try to get an author out of the Touhou doujin circle.

She got award from Dengeki Award like Nakatani.

BTW, author’s first idea was the love between courtesans in high end brothel. She’s into such things.

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 8:44PM

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018

Maybe it's the same author and I'm missing something, but this almost seems like direct plagarism of this one shot

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bully_bullied

...except without the good humor and lightheartedness.

This is the original from this author which predates above (August vs. June).
https://twitter.com/gasai_cc/status/1009096767273484289

joined Jan 15, 2018

Since my interpretation got so lengthy that this forum refused to accept it, head over to Pastebin to read the whole thing.

Here's summary of her afterword:
- She drew this like a "poem".
- She intended to make this 2 chapter story, one for Eimi's POV and other for Yuu's POV but editor suggested three-parter.
- She was surprised that she recieved many positive message although the story was not catchy enough for getting attention like her last work "One Night Friend" since she wanted to end this with straightforward questions of each other's feelings.
- She didn't put clear answer but she tried to put hints here and there so she wanted reader to interpret bit by bit.
- She will write another afterword for further elaboration.
- Other thing includes her life (Like the fact she works in some firm and draws manga as second job) and her next move (She doesn't know whether she can draw next manga but she wants to do more so she is asking for reader's help)

I can't recommend "One Night Friend" enough (oneshot in yuri hime 2018-3) but it seems it doesn't have a translation. (My fascination of her manga started from there.)
The original Japanese phrase for "It's gross" is "ぐちゃぐちゃだよ" and according to J-E dictionary, ぐちゃぐちゃ means "soggy, squashy, mucky, marshy etc.". I'm not an English native nor Japanese native but I will interpret that as "It's a mess" or "I'm a mess".

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 10:34AM

joined Jan 15, 2018

https://www.pixiv.net/fanbox/creator/280282/post/179417

Here is author's afterword if you can read Japanese.

joined Jan 15, 2018

Wait, what? Did this just end? I don't think that was even a full volume, did it get axed?

looks like it,since last month there was no chapter,which is weird for a new manga,and then this month the end.
that's probably why the ending doesn't make any sense

The author said it will be 'very short' before it started.

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018

Just super friends or really gay for each other?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch01#4
友達未満から始まるラブストーリー
Love story starting from less than a friend.

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018

Original text of the last textbox is 女の子にドキドキする which indicates Catulus have tendency to fall in love with other girls.

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018

Really? I only found it as 創作百合 (basically "original Yuri").

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/1030773596430327808
The author decided the title quite after the series started though.

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018

This has a title you can find in Pixiv: 不揃いの連理

Oh nice, thanks for pointing that out...I'm gonna go torture myself for hours coming up with a clever translation for that. "The Intimacy of Irregularity" already sounds dumb and bad. (Or I just call it "Fusoroi no Renri" and call it a day)

Sorry for that. Renri (branches from different tree intertwined together) can be irregular I guess...

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018

This has a title you can find in Pixiv: 不揃いの連理

joined Jan 15, 2018

Is that just me or was the extra chapter longer than the regular ones?

That is from dojinshi. Others from twitter short comic.

acelaten
Yuri Moyou discussion 05 Sep 01:59
joined Jan 15, 2018

Finally a Hachiko Manga! I'm really looking forward to reading this.

Looks very promising :) Will follow this on for sure.

I don' really like the artists line style tho - how they are a bit broken and a bit fuzzy - makes it look a little messy and even sometimes a bit out of focus.

I'm pretty sure it's just a low quality scan, if you look at Hachiko's Wholesome Yuri series, the linework is much cleaner there.

I think scan quality is the problem.
ComicWalker (free) original size 650*933
https://imgur.com/qfZPNOM

MagazineWalker Comic CUNE (540yen/mo) original size 1114*1600
https://imgur.com/4au0tI8

Comic CUNE from e-book sites such as Amazon has same original size as MagazineWalker's.

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018

Ultimately, as in most stories like this one, the whole premise is demolished by the author's failure to make the main character ugly.

She's not ugly though. She is just not putting her effort to make up.

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018

It has "The love story starts from less than a friend" blurb in chapter 1 so I believe they will become lovers eventually.

acelaten
Killing Me! discussion 26 Jul 23:27
joined Jan 15, 2018

This is really hard to believe, is some crazy development happening in the untranslated chapters that made she series unlikable?

There is no untranslated chapter. It is weird cancellation.

acelaten
joined Jan 15, 2018

I'm glad someone take this!

By the way, there is a girl who is obsessed with other girl, is that enough for yuri crush tag?

acelaten
Killing Me! discussion 03 Jul 12:13
joined Jan 15, 2018

Aren't all these chapters from a tank?

Chapter 1-9 and extra is in Volume 1.

joined Jan 15, 2018

It’s a pity that this have ended prematurely. I’m looking forward to see more of Fumio Aya’s works.

acelaten
Killing Me! discussion 19 Jun 08:29
joined Jan 15, 2018

Cune has a bit of a history of cancelling series right in between volume releases, so the fact that it's still running doesn't necessarily make it safe until volume 2.

(They've also got a history of not actually officially cancelling them, but just having them disappear from the magazine, without an ending.)

That's harsh. I'll be so sad if they do that to this... 
At least amazon sales ranking is better than other cune books released same day.