Forum › Restart from Zero discussion

joined Nov 25, 2016

Gun x Clover

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

But most probably, this story doesn't want to be reasonable and the author just wanted to overdramatize the whole thing, because the external world doesn't seem to be relevant.

^ probably the crucial thing. We can debate the realism of the chapter until we're blue; given who the author is the story is going to go bonkers anyway, making these questions moot.

At least most likely.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Did Match walk through gamma radiation or something? She's seemingly incapable of drawing a single page without trying to make it the most intense page she's ever made with so much... just wasted energy. It's like a telenova written by a second-rate shonen author on speed.

The intensity of every page just makes it more fun hahahaha, I love it. Makes it unique and distinct to Match's style. I could tell from the first page that it was the same author that did heart exchange couple and the stepsisters with science babies. And I guess you could say one of the highest points you can get as an artist is being recognized instantly for your art style.

I'm all in for this crazy ride!

Sol
joined Feb 25, 2016

This was freaking intense. The artstyle too makes it even more. Took me 6 pages to realise that it was split personalities but JESUS that shift in tone. I think I just spent about 30 minutes reading this one chapter, scrolling back and forth checking which 'characters' were which.

I'm not gonna lie though, this is probably one of the best things I've read all month so I'm definitely hyped for the rest. A girl going all yandere on herself isn't something I've seen before.

20190101_004014
joined Apr 14, 2017

Whoa

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It'd be much nicer if this chapter was one tankoubon instead; allowing the readers to familiarize and getting attached to the girls before killing them off for higher emotional impact, let the disappearance mystery linger longer to invite curiosity, let us see if the Doctor was really subconsciously in love with Hajime, etc.

While longer tankobons would be great for match's style, that's just not the way getting manga published works unfortunately. This series was also published in the het hentai magazine Comic ExE as part of their experimental yuri sections. For match to have a long series collected in a tankobon, she'd first have to get a series published in a stable anthology and have a realistic expectation of how long her series would run for.

match does not do much, if any, self publishing/doujinshi publishing and so doesn't have the freedom to have full creative control of her work (I might be dead wrong on this one though). Our theory is that she works in the medical field in some capacity, considering her works tend to be visceral and focused, bringing a lot of real details one would learn if they worked in a hospital. It seems she prefers to get her work published professionally.

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 1:33PM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Me during the first half: Well, that's one way to jam all of your fetishes into one.

Me during the second half: Oh... Didn't account for a yandere.

I like the idea that she killed off the others. It doesn't feel that dark because it's a personality that was manifested. But, going after the original well... That's pretty dark. I like this art style but it's too intense all the time for me. Like it's really forcing the Yandere trope.

last edited at Oct 28, 2018 3:47PM

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Comic ExE

Whelp that makes a lot of sense all of a sudden. Wait no it doesn't matter, Match is just being Match.

Given the situation sensei was in, I'd say she handled it about as well as she could have honestly. In her shoes I'd have done the same thing with Ichigo for the thunder thing. Somebody got badly spooked by something terrifying, I'd have tried to comfort them. Also, it was Ichigo who instigated that hug. If Hajime has a phobia of thunder and it's something that was already known, sensei would have no doubt interpret that hug as seeking comfort rather than blatant sexual harassment. Because so far it seems only Ichigo is the one who can interpret physical contact as sexual, I mean, just look at what happens when sensei hugged back. That moment became twisted out of context by Ichigo because she's so starved for physical and sexual contacts with the doctor. Imagine for a second what happens if sensei at that point chose to push the hug away because "I gotta be equal with everyone." I'd call her a robot and think that's really unrealistic and douchey. The question you should be asking is would the doctor have tried to comfort Ichigo via hugging as well if she thought Ichigo was the spooked one, just replace the thunder with whatever phobia Ichigo has. There's potential for that flashback scene honestly. If Match omitted the Hajime name drop she can easily setup this scene later as "sensei knew the dominant personality at the time was Ichigo, but Ichigo went and had a brain fart" moment. I do love some irony in my manga at times.

Some readers want Ichigo to have sex with the doctor because ultimately, we all want yuri. But given the context of the story there is a definite shaky ethical ground if the doctor does give into Ichigo's demands. As already mentioned before, we also need to consider the other personalities. Doctor still wants to act as foster mother to all of them. By doing the horizontal mambo that's going to jeopardize a lot of the family dynamics in place, not to mention abuse of trust between doctor/patient and daughter/mother. The personalities may be aok and whatever, but the doctor will have compromised her moral standing and etc. Look, what happens if it gets found out if a foster mother has sex with her foster child? What's really going to happen? Will the doctor get arrested and be put in jail? Will the girl be forced to find another foster family who most likely won't be a good sensei replacement? There's a lot at stake here for everyone, by crossing that line there's the very definite possibility that all the party involved lose everything.

Could this have been handled better? Hindsight 20/20 etc. I'm racking my brain now, but short of a crystal ball that can see the future and a robot sensei, I'm not sure how this could have been done better honestly. This will also involve a lot of transparent communication and................. it's impossible to meet all the personalities' needs at all. For very obvious reasons. This was a situation set up for failure and manga drama. Outside mediator/professional might be possible to mitigate the situation, but it's also a lot of "what ifs" as well. ┐( ̄▽ ̄;)┌

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Really creative and interesting concept. It's rare to see an idea this exciting in romance in general, much less yuri. It's great because it successfully crafted challenging moral dilemmas that has no easy answers: can the Doctor fuck one of the personalities even though the others see her as a mother? Isn't it better for the girl to only have 1 personality instead of being a freak for all her life? Is it really a crime to kill off your alters? Can the alters truly be read as different people or it's essentially just 1 person who is going through a battle of the will to be who "she" wants to be, much like a person trying to kill off their inner cowardice because they want to be a brave hero? So on and so forth, so many questions.

for one of the questions, no, suddenly losing all her alters is not better, because she was clearly not ready for it. having split personalities has nothing to do with being a freak, it is a terrible psychological problem, usually cause by horrific trauma. people create alters because there is something in their life that they just can't handle, and have to work through their problems before they are gone. hajime was forced into losing them, and you can see by her reaction how well that went. and i do believe the method of dealing with split personalities is by treating them as each being an individual. it has NOTHING to do with a battle of who she wants to be. i can't say i'm an expert but i did take a psychology class in highschool, and this was one of our subjects. try reading sybil if you want a better understanding of split personalities.

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 3:55PM

maximumeffortbaby
joined Oct 25, 2018

while i understand the concept they were going for here, this is honestly kinda tasteless imo. it's just straight following the stereotypical "haha one of the alters is a murderous psycho" shtick. "killing off" alters isn't even remotely possible as far as i'm aware. the only bit of this i could honestly appreciate was when the actual communication between alters was shown, but that's about it.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

EVERY TIME I READ SOMETHING FROM THIS AUTHOR I READ IT AS IF EVERYONE WAS SHOUTING AND SPEAKING REALLY FAST. Just like when someone writes in capital letters.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I liked the artwork.

I hated the plot.

I loved the twists.

Summary: Two out of three personalities enjoyed the manga.

Hey, You (speaking to myself). You forgot about me, myself, and I! You didn’t forget, the three others were ignored... that’s how votes are done these days.

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

Epic failed by foster-mother. Result in the end continous non-stop f**king.
Murder personalities in the same body is not crime is it?

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

So Ichigo is the only personality left? Or "killing" the original personality meant she went away as well?

while i understand the concept they were going for here, this is honestly kinda tasteless imo. it's just straight following the stereotypical "haha one of the alters is a murderous psycho" shtick. "killing off" alters isn't even remotely possible as far as i'm aware. the only bit of this i could honestly appreciate was when the actual communication between alters was shown, but that's about it.

To be fair, it is the author's main gimmic to depict a word that looks normal except for it's medicine, which is way into the science fiction department.
It is also the author's gimmic to make an absolute clusterfuck of a story by the end, so let's see what happens.

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 8:17PM

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

This reminds me of the concept of the movie split, but yuri and emotionally deeper.

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

The only problem I see is Ichigo being underage. If "they" are all in adulthood, doc and Ichigo can ask permissions(doesnt seem like the others mind much).

But yea, doc probably dont love 15 that way.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Feels edgey for the sake of edge.

_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

The new Doc seems to have graduated top of her class at Hellsing Medical School...

joined May 21, 2018

The new Doc seems to have graduated top of her class at Hellsing Medical School...

I had the impression of seeing this kind of face before, but now you say it, i can only see sir Integra Hellsing now ^^"

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

way over the top manga continues to be way over the top. the way things happen so quickly is like whiplash for me. one scene rei's basically a 4 yr old the next 2 pages she's 17 flirting with the doc. and the giving rei up then directly having doc in a car crash is also wild. can't wait to see how it resolves in the next chapter.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Is it just me, or is the new doctor almost comically evil? I'm expecting her to drown a puppy and take candy from a baby.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Man what a spectacular execution, it got me on the edge the whole time

joined Feb 18, 2015

Somehow I think the science of this is pure bullshit...

Letty
joined Oct 19, 2017

why is i always Hattori Masahiko with the weird ass concepts

Images-1
joined Dec 3, 2016

Has no one realize yet that the Doctor is the same character from Hearts Gift? The attending physician for Shiro and Kuro. Also, the main character -I'm just going to call her Rei from here on- reminds me of that movie Split of which the protagonist has different distinctive personalities. 23 to be precise.

last edited at Oct 28, 2018 3:15AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.