Forum › Posts by ADT555

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Definitely gotta check out their other works now.

Public Planet is amazing. Unfortunately we only have 7 works typeset so far, you can read more of em on Danbooru, link below.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/gallery?commit=Search&search%5Bname_contains%5D=public+planet

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Cute final chapter but where the @#%$ is my Akira closure!?

last edited at Aug 29, 2023 7:25PM

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Anothaer banger from the DB scans

Thank you. The two doujins uploaded today were typeset by SealedinSkin who is just getting into typesetting with us and is already working on another Touhou book. I also plan to get a couple done this month myself as well so hopefully between us two and Levander's translations it will be a packed month for Touhou doujins.

last edited at Aug 13, 2023 8:21AM

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

And now, for something completely different from The Magician who Loved a Fake.

Which, Zounose published one about Marisa and Alice that looks pretty interesting. From what I can gather it seems to be about Marisa's relation to water magic, but that's mostly a guess. Do you guys mind translating it?

We'll probably get around to it because it's Zounose, can't say when exactly though. Can you link it?

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

With this story telling and art they can make other stuff but they are keeping their Touhou passion

At this point instead of just a bunch of Touhou fan stories he pretty much has created his own interconnected alternate Touhouverse. There are now 45 different works averaging 30-60ish pages on this site, all of them interconnected in someway to a previous one and that is just what has been translated so far. It's basically a manga.

last edited at Jun 19, 2023 2:59PM

_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Oh, touhou DJ are getting fewer those years
is kind of nostalgic see new ones

honestly hard to say if its just that scanlators are shifting focus into other IPs

Partially it was because took over the Strange Creators of the Outer World magazine releases.

Starving Marisa's Blessed Meal
The Magician Who Loved a Fake
The Tiles That I Cannot Cut Are Next to None!
Cheating Detective Satori
Go For It Gensokyo
Sanae-san Is on the Run!
The Shinigami's Rowing Her Boat as Usual

These series cut into our usual upload schedule and for the last year Levander has done the lions share of typesetting alongside doing the translating as I was dealing with some personal stuff that has recently passed. So besides our usual SCooW releases expect 2 new series of releases, a comedy Akyuu manga typeset by me and later a doujin series by Levander. Besides that we still upload weekly doujin translations on Danbooru, all the translations are in Levanders profile under favorites.

Expect the first Akyuu upload in a few days.

last edited at May 16, 2023 6:05PM

ADT555 Uploader
Liberta discussion 14 Apr 15:52
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Tatsubon channeling his inner Tomoko Kuroki.

Literally written by Tadokoro...

ADT555 Uploader
Liberta discussion 01 Feb 14:20
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

A food court wouldn't be a food court without at least several groups of people loudly boasting about their evil.

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

You would think scientists, religious folk and the government would be interested in this girl who is um... creating matter? teleporting animals? You know like really interested, really, really, really interested.

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

You would think scientists, religious folk and the government would be interested in this girl who is um... creating matter? teleporting animals? You know like really interested, really, really, really interested.

_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Give it to me straight fellas... Tae's going to end up in prison, isn't she?

last edited at Jan 11, 2023 9:12PM

ADT555 Uploader
VAMPEERZ discussion 30 Dec 08:00
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

God I hope they don't pull a redemption arc out of their ass for the psychopathic ancient geezer in the child's body. She's killed god knows how many tens thousands to their face and could not find a shred of sympathy then, if she does a last minute heel turn and it's all okay that would suck.

last edited at Dec 30, 2022 8:32AM

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Cute, but they always mix up being introverted with being shy...

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Is Shinohara is masking alone in her own house on page 06... did she put it on to use the phone?

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

3 chapters at once, and that has to be where the mass release ends!? Please God no!

There is no mass release, the translator is releasing one chapter daily on 4chan's /a/ board which is uploaded to MangaDex a couple hours later. Dynasty upload is often a day or two behind.

last edited at Jun 13, 2022 6:02PM

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

^ we did see the corpse tho. Admittedly, I don’t think it looked much like her and suspect that she’s actually still alive myself, but the corpse Tokiko identified as Rina was shown to the audience back in ch. 9

There is a conspicuously empty space on the new murder chart that could fit a returning character. That body looked too fat to be Rina even with bloating...

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Is anyone else hoping for Miyuki to pull through?

_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

ah. I am betting that this orange haired guy needs to be stabbed. looks like he is the one responsible for turning Theo into a grouchy jerk

My prediction: He's gonna try and to drag off Liane in front of Glamour, she'll have some change of heart and go for help and he'll get bodied by either Sara, Theo, Astral or all 3 of them in a scene that will make that broken bottle stabbing look tame.

_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

i wanna see that whale hunting story!!!

Spoiler, Miyoi dies at the end...

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

That's a Hachishaku-sama (lit. "Eight-foot-tall woman"), from the Japanese urban folklore.

https://para.wiki/w/Hachishaku-sama

Also a canon character in Touhou now. She was Ichirin's partner in ULiL.

Of course she was an Urban Legend brought to Gensokyo by the Occult Balls and not a Youkai so her appearence her is a bit weird. Still though, a great story.

last edited at Oct 11, 2021 2:45PM

_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

When did they mention Mokous current age though? And I guess without the historical knowledge, I really cant understand much of it.

The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter is over a thousand years ago and tells the story of Kaguya's life on Earth, Mokou gains her immortality during this story.

last edited at Aug 28, 2021 8:42AM

_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

She escaped from japan (so gensokyo does not exist here) and traveled until somewhere arabia,

Mokou is over a thousand years old, Gensokyo was established a century ago(the barrier at least). This is well before she met Kaguya again.

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

The first marketeers doujin on dynasty!!!

The second, we did this one as well.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/one_day_ill_become_your_hundredth_leg

It feels weird to be weirded out by a lack of cannibalism

I almost tagged it as "wholesome" but figured given the author people would think I was trolling...

ADT555 Uploader
Fairy Rouge discussion 18 Jul 18:33
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Im not Up to date on the lore, does clownpiece live with Reimu now?

Yes, Clownpiece lives with Reimu, specifically below her shrine. Fairies can make homes in nature that are sort of like pocket dimensions, the three fairies for instance have a full sized 3 bedroom house crammed into a tree that looks no different from the outside. Clownpiece put hers right below the shrine and since it is themed after hell it serves as heating for the shrine.

Her living situation is shown in the manga Visionary Fairies in Shrine.

last edited at Jul 18, 2021 8:47PM

_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Dont forget, its officially a doujin, what ZUN creates I mean. Any fan work has the same canonity (is this a word?) if you so desire. After all, Gensokyo accepts all. So whether you take this as canon, or maybe the work of komachi and akyuu (which are both great, but contradict each other) is up to you.

Just to clear this up so no one gets the wrong idea but yes, Touhou has an official canon.

Doujin only means self published and ZUN has stated numerous times that there is a canon. In fact Strange Creator Doujins have an introductory page that states that they are non-canon which we omit from the typeset.

The official canon includes the Window Games, official manga like Foul Detective Satori, Forbidden Scrollery and Lotus Eater, the fake in-universe like Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red and Perfect Memento in Strict Sense and information provided by ZUN in interviews. I think there is a bit more too like the stories with Merry and Renko and such.

It's fine to have a head canon but it's false to tell people Touhou has no canon, fan works are just fan works.

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 6:17PM