Forum › Restart from Zero discussion

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I actually dig this a lot. This author makes a lot of weird wacky short series that just kind of hit you like BAM BAM BAM

they have a bit of a pacing and story telling issue, as things can be a bit confusing on a first read, but once you kind of get the gist it's very interesting.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

jesus. can we just bring those guys back to life and have polyamory (tho idk about the son...) :c

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It was a little hard to follow, but it seems like it's going to be good.

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

im reading this while sleep deprived and tongue burning from malaysian noodles. Every turn of the page after that "They're all gone!" makes me say "what the FUCK is happening?" successively

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I want to make sure I've got this straight. Each alter ego is essentially a person, and each crossed out number is one that Ichigo killed. So she basically murdered 98 people because she couldn't get what she wanted.

Yep. So everyone please help me spam Dynasty with the tragedy tag for this chapter.

NB: Dissociative identity disorder does not work like this, if it even exists

As for if it exists, well, it does. It's recognized in the DSM 5 and pretty clearly laid out, unless there's evidence to contradict it or undermine the particulars, I don't really see a reason to question the reports and diagnoses of it. Unless we're talking about the shakiness of psychology in general, but that's a separate issue.

match is taking some creative liberties with the whole everyone deciding things in a council (visual metaphor) and one hunting the others down (convenient for plot. This is how fiction works), but the basics of DID are all there and pretty accurate as far as the DSM description and how alters work are concerned.

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 9:22AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

From 0 to 100 in no time.

Gdamn I was about to make this comment

Interesting premise, but this twist would've been a lot better if it had come a lot later in the series, to find it out straight away it loses a lot of impact. Also it's weird we get no explanation on why this girl has like 100 personalities, even just a thing from the sensei being like "no one knows how she became like this" or something idk

Still quite interested on how this will turn out though. Can't imagine it's a long series with this much information in the first chapter though

joined Jan 10, 2017

I'm not usually one to reject out there and unrealistic stuff, but this is completely stupid. This is not how minds work. If you're going to go with a hundred fully formed and and somehow independent personalities you gotta pull in some kind of fantasy element. And you kind of have to flesh out how one can start murdering the others without any of them noticing... This is just really really lame.

V003
joined Oct 15, 2018

I want to make sure I've got this straight. Each alter ego is essentially a person, and each crossed out number is one that Ichigo killed. So she basically murdered 98 people because she couldn't get what she wanted.

Yep. So everyone please help me spam Dynasty with the tragedy tag for this chapter.

...And Aaaaaangst too, btw.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Yes, what a poor, murderous child indeed.

While not a realistic portrayal of this kind of disorder, it does sort of make you assume there's a supernatural element at play here.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Wow I didn't expect this, because the tags were still pretty normal, but... interesting!
I there a psychological tag? or thriller maybe?

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I just recently learned about DID, too, and got a little carried away learning about it, watching videos made by multiple systems. At the start of this manga, I was actually hyped, hoping that it would actually tell a nice yuri story about a system being in a healthy relationship with another person. But, I see it's just going for a Split story. It was nice seeing the head space for the alters, but of course one of the alters has to go nuts (which is unheard of as far as I know). There are "bad" or aggressive alters called introjects, which are alters based on people outside the system (celebrities, family, friends, or even childhood rapists/abusers), and they are not inherently aggressive, but have the capability of being so. Like other alters, they want to help the system but just don't know how or are going about it the wrong way. One thing they'll certainly never do is murder other alters. I don't even know if that's possible.

Guess we'll just have to wait for a real story about DID. sigh

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

looks at art style

Shit's going to hit like a runaway truck again.

couple of minutes later

Yep.

I like the concept for sure. Murderous inner you who goes on to murder other inner yous though, ehm. Not quite a thing I can subscribe to. My own take is that you can't really murder aspects of yourself. They kind of just comes and goes. Some aspects may not agree with one another, but to be able to just erase them completely is just ? Then again, I'm no student of psychology of any kind. So maybe it's possible to kill an aspect of yourself mentally....... Well. There's always the possibility they may come back.

I dunno. For me I have aspects of myself I can identify and they do drift in and out. I'd use the analogy of riding a bus here. I'm sharing a bus with specific aspects of myself, some leave, some get on, some just loiter forever in the back of the bus not saying a thing. But I know they are around somewhere, just not always there to engage. Erasing/killing a specific one is not possible short of murdering the host, ala me, as well. Forgetting/getting over would be the more likely scenario for someone to leave.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Wth I just read? She killed all them uh? Eh...

Edit: Uow.. I read it again and it was really interesting, I wanna read the next chapter! :3

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 5:21AM

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Woah that was intense. More so than it needed to be. Anyway I'm still super interested even if it's a warped version of what we understand as DID. Always up for yandere characters and this is a nice little concept.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What a failure as a parent. Her bias toward Hajime became obvious and Ichigo didn't take it well.

joined Feb 27, 2018

What a failure as a parent. Her bias toward Hajime became obvious and Ichigo didn't take it well.

Uhhhhh, no. Parents tend to treat their children differently depending on personality, Ichigo was a horn ball and just wanted to have sex. There probably was some favouritism but the "turning point" was that sensei would hug Hajime but not Ichigo, and sensei has a pretty good reason for that "what with the sexual harassment and all). Ichigo is probably a sociopath as most normal peoples' "not taking it well" doesn't include 99+ murders....

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 5:33AM

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

There wasn't really any bias though. She thought Hajime was terrified by the lightning and was trying to console her
like any parent would console her child. On the flipside, Ichigo's attempts at skinship are always much more ornately romantic in nature and thus she has her guard up more. In fact, it just goes to show how much love and respect she has towards this girl of many faces. She openly distinguishes each of them as their own individual entity and as a result has distinct differences in how she feels she can interact with each one as a result.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

She systematically retreated behind the pretense of being a family and she said it herself: "I've decided to approach you all equally, I cannot give special treatment to anyone". But then she failed just that by giving special treatment (a hug/skinship) to Hajime, which she always refused to ichigo.

She failed to understand, or accept, that Ichigo didn't want to be her child, but wanted to be her lover. Ichigo was probably unstable from the start, but Sensei rejected her again and again, pushing her over the edge.

And how can it be murder if there's no body? :D

For all we know, all the personalities may still exist. Just, they are sealed.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

She failed to understand, or accept, that Ichigo didn't want to be her child, but wanted to be her lover. Ichigo was probably unstable from the start, but Sensei rejected her again and again, pushing her over the edge.

What, so her only option was to give in? She clearly knew that that was what Ichigo wanted, but Sensei's still her own person. She has every right to say no.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

"Approaching them all equally" doesn't literally mean following some sort of textbook of acceptable mannerisms to each of them like some robot. She means as a family, she intends to not place any one girl on a pedestal above the other. Turning one of the personalities into her lover would be a grave violation of that wish to remain a family, and whether Ichigo likes the answer or not, it's not her decision alone. Sensei has the right to refuse to have such a relationship.

Regardless, given the circumstances around the "incident", we don't even know how she would react if Ichigo was the one genuinely terrified of the lighting. She's willing to take bathes with Ichigo still, even letting her sleep together despite literally almost raping the woman, so she's clearly not completely neglecting skinship in general with her. Ichigo literally took a moment of genuine concern given towards Hajime and jumped to conclusions about the intention behind it. Her jealousy was running wild, so it hardly matters what started the ball rolling at this point, she seems like she was destined to fall no matter how innocuous the cause.

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 6:40AM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

My favorite thing about this mangaka is everyone is always shouting

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

My favorite thing about this mangaka is everyone is always shouting

I like to think there's a really loud vacuum on in the background, or maybe the neighbors are doing some construction work, and they just have to do it just so they can hear each other.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

I freakin love this author’s works, so I’m pretty excited for the next chapter!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What, so her only option was to give in? She clearly knew that that was what Ichigo wanted, but Sensei's still her own person. She has every right to say no.

She didn't have to give in. Just tackle the issue, so that they could live together!

You know what responsible parents would do if they had a teen wanting to assault them sexually all the time? They would seek external help, a psychologist, to introduce a buffer, a neutral third party, that would help everyone in the process of living together. Foster children often have issues and it's not shameful to seek help.

Here, it seems like the signals were there for a long time. As early as when they met the first time! But Sensei obviously didn't want to see them and I think she was actually very selfish.

But most probably, this story doesn't want to be reasonable and the author just wanted to overdramatize the whole thing, because the external world doesn't seem to be relevant.

joined Nov 2, 2015

Really creative and interesting concept. It's rare to see an idea this exciting in romance in general, much less yuri. It's great because it successfully crafted challenging moral dilemmas that has no easy answers: can the Doctor fuck one of the personalities even though the others see her as a mother? Isn't it better for the girl to only have 1 personality instead of being a freak for all her life? Is it really a crime to kill off your alters? Can the alters truly be read as different people or it's essentially just 1 person who is going through a battle of the will to be who "she" wants to be, much like a person trying to kill off their inner cowardice because they want to be a brave hero? So on and so forth, so many questions.

The execution needs a lot of work though. Over-the-top reaction faces and F1-league pacing cheapen a serious work. It'd be much nicer if this chapter was one tankoubon instead; allowing the readers to familiarize and getting attached to the girls before killing them off for higher emotional impact, let the disappearance mystery linger longer to invite curiosity, let us see if the Doctor was really subconsciously in love with Hajime, etc. Honestly, I think this author is a genius in coming up with fascinating yuri premises, but she needs to stop drawing and just collaborate with a talented artist (like Nakatani, who is a genius at both storytelling/panelling and coming up with psychological plots).

To reply you must either login or sign up.