Forum › Pages in Search of a Bookmark discussion

joined Aug 23, 2018

Ugh poor rikako, confessing like that is almost always a bad move.

Bet chitose is gonna gun for ayaka and then when that fails she gonna get with rikako.

Or they both go a little crazy and chitose stays with ayaka.

Definitely think Rikako is coming out of this empty handed, and that Chitose will get with Ayaka.

If her and Chitose were going to get together, I can't imagine then getting together this early unless this manga is nearly ending already.

It be great if this did a totally u-turn and turn into something like Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo, with Chitose making Ayaka just continue pretending she's her late sister and Chitose becoming a bit less sympathetic as story goes on. With Ayaka soon wanting just to be herself rather then her sister.

But I doubt it go down that route, I agree with you that Chitose will say she doesn't like Rikako in that way just as a friend, Rikako stops been friends with her. Chitose and Ayaka get closer, as Chitose falls for Ayaka rather then her late sister. Ayaka and Chitose get together but Ayaka sees that Chitose is unhappy without her friend Rikako, Ayaka tries to reconnect the two friends. At the end they reconnect and Rikako ends up the third wheel. It wouldn't surprise me if they throw in another female character to try to get her together with Rikako.

last edited at Oct 21, 2018 8:22AM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Doctor has that bad ass Danny Phantom hair, nice. MC just found out her girlfriend is actually her girlfriend’s little sister, now is not the time Friend chan. One must be tactful, wait another chapter then forcefully kiss her

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

At this point, I kind of expect a variation on that last part, since from Chitose’s point of view, she’s never been with Ayaka at all.

So: Ayaka realizes that she’s actually fallen for Chitose, then has to convince her to a) forgive her for the deception; and b) consider her as a partner in her own right.

Of course she will forgive. She's perfect. She can forgive anything. She understands other people's pain (like Ayaka's), and doesn't care about the pain inflicted on her. She'll heal Ayaka's wounded heart and redeem her in a jiffy.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Heh, sounds like a princess with a heart of gold who's just too good for this bad bad world, and needs a dashing prince to come for her asap.

You do realize that describes about 80% of the Mary Sues out there, right? lol

joined Feb 18, 2015

This gets better every chapter! I wonder who phone her, the Doctor probably??

Um... The phone said "Incoming Call Yahiro Kei" and the doctor's name was Yahiro Sensei, so... yeah... I'd say it was a pretty safe bet that the doctor was calling...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

At this point, I kind of expect a variation on that last part, since from Chitose’s point of view, she’s never been with Ayaka at all.

So: Ayaka realizes that she’s actually fallen for Chitose, then has to convince her to a) forgive her for the deception; and b) consider her as a partner in her own right.

Of course she will forgive. She's perfect. She can forgive anything. She understands other people's pain (like Ayaka's), and doesn't care about the pain inflicted on her. She'll heal Ayaka's wounded heart and redeem her in a jiffy.

You snark (I take it), but accepting Ayaka implies that she rejects Rikako, meaning she'll actually have to take responsibility for a negative action.

That's why I think her best bet with Rikako is to play dumb (or actually be dumb--hard to tell with this one) using the old, "Of course, I love you too--you've always been my Best Friend, and you always will be!" gambit.

And she could always throw in the cruelest twist of the Friend-Love knife: "If it hadn't been for you, I'd never have been able to open my heart to accept senpai's (and later, senpai's sister's) love! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, dear friend!"

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Ugh poor rikako, confessing like that is almost always a bad move.

Bet chitose is gonna gun for ayaka and then when that fails she gonna get with rikako.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgFyCuKoEGA

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I sense that the whole point of the story is meant for Ayaka to overcome the grief of losing her sister... and Chitose too of course, but probably to a lesser extent (as in, she’ll most likely be the one to “get over it” first). I bet the rest of the story is just Chitose wanting to be more like Touka (warm and welcoming and all) and trying to break Ayaka out of her shell, and the two will fall in love because of all the time they spend together.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

And she could always throw in the cruelest twist of the Friend-Love knife: "If it hadn't been for you, I'd never have been able to open my heart to accept senpai's (and later, senpai's sister's) love! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, dear friend!"

This is where my money goes, sadly...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Well, I was definitely wrong about a bunch. Now that we know the score, there's a couple things I've got to say:

A) Touka's classmates are fucking reprehensible cowards. I mean, okay, Ayaka, evidently, is seriously messed up, showing up to school dressed as her dead sister and deceiving a first year into thinking she was Touka. But these shitheads, as a block, all knew EXACTLY what was going on, and did nothing. Every one of those girls is a piece of absolute dung. Ayaka is clearly mentally ill and grieving. What's their excuse?

I get being awkward and not wanting to interact with Ayaka, but somebody definitely should have gone to Chitose's class to set the record straight so she wasn't being deceived.

B) Man, Yahiro sensei is just kind of an asshole. What Ayaka was doing was wrong, and Chitose deserved to be let in on the truth, but christ, who taught this girl bedside manner? Ghengis Khan?

"Did she suffer?" "You sure you want to ask? I can pretend you didn't." Holy crap, lady. The correct answer is "We did everything we could to minimize her pain. She talked about you, and clearly cherished you. You should focus on that."

"Didn't I tell you? Touka-san is dead." Yes, you told her, she's freaking traumatized, you ghoul. Way to twist the knife. She gets a little better after that, but geez.

Also, she's a crummy doctor. Yeah, her foot isn't badly hurt. She also apparently whacked her head hard enough to lose conciousness. She could have a concussion and nobody's even checking for that when she wakes up. ;p

C) Is it just me, or are the Bloom into You parallels weirdly coincidental? You have a girl replacing a dead sister that is in a weird unhealthy relationship with a cute young kouhai, you have another girl with an unrequited affection for her best friend. Even some of the names are similar, although they're sort of mixed up. Touka/Touko, Ayaka/Sayaka...

I mean, it doesn't feel like a knock-off or even an homage, but it makes me kind of wonder if the author was subconciously influenced by the other series.

(edited to cool down the f-bombs. I was trying to convey astonishment, and I think the post came off as more "pissed off")

last edited at Oct 23, 2018 5:44AM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Well, I was definitely wrong about a bunch. Now that we know the score, there's a couple things I've got to say:

A) Touka's classmates are fucking reprehensible cowards. I mean, okay, Ayaka, evidently, is seriously messed up, showing up to school dressed as her dead sister and deceiving a first year into thinking she was Touka. But these shitheads, as a block, all knew EXACTLY what was going on, and did nothing. Every one of those girls is a piece of absolute dung. Ayaka is clearly mentally ill and grieving. What's their excuse?

I get being awkward and not wanting to interact with Ayaka, but somebody definitely should have gone to Chitose's class to set the record straight so she wasn't being deceived.

B) Man, Yahiro sensei is just kind of an asshole. What Ayaka was doing was wrong, and Chitose deserved to be let in on the truth, but christ, who taught this girl bedside manner? Ghengis Khan?

"Did she suffer?" "You sure you want to ask? I can pretend you didn't." Holy crap, lady. The correct answer is "We did everything we could to minimize her pain. She talked about you, and clearly cherished you. You should focus on that."

"Didn't I tell you? Touka-san is dead." Yes, you told her, she's freaking traumatized, you ghoul. Way to twist the knife. She gets a little better after that, but geez.

Also, she's a crummy doctor. Yeah, her foot isn't badly hurt. She also apparently whacked her head hard enough to lose conciousness. She could have a concussion and nobody's even checking for that when she wakes up. ;p

C) Is it just me, or are the Bloom into You parallels weirdly coincidental? You have a girl replacing a dead sister that is in a weird unhealthy relationship with a cute young kouhai, you have another girl with an unrequited affection for her best friend. Even some of the names are similar, although they're sort of mixed up. Touka/Touko, Ayaka/Sayaka...

I mean, it doesn't feel like a knock-off or even an homage, but it makes me kind of wonder if the author was subconciously influenced by the other series.

(edited to cool down the f-bombs. I was trying to convey astonishment, and I think the post came off as more "pissed off")

i didn't like the dr either, though i think the classmates should be given a break. how creepy would it be to have a sibling just start showing up in your class pretending to be her deceased sister? in real life, i'd be pretty creeped the fuck out, so they probably wanted nothing to do with it, which i get.

i like the art which is why i keep reading, but some parts of this story just don't make sense. in the beginning of chapter 5, there was a very clear and distinct age gap between the two sisters, so how is she able to stand in as her sister just like that? and second, if her hair was really that short before her sister died....hair does not grow that fast!! lol. from what i could tell looking back in the first chapter, it was only a month, 2 at MOST, that passed between the swap of the sisters. before touka died, chitose was studying for her entrance exam. she mentions how a lot of the questions on the test were told her by touka after all. then the story picks up again on her first day of highschool. there's only a week long break between switching grades in japan. i think men all across the world would love to know fake touka's hair growth secret lol. the only other explanation would be if she started growing it before touka died. which....why?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

i didn't like the dr either, though i think the classmates should be given a break. how creepy would it be to have a sibling just start showing up in your class pretending to be her deceased sister? in real life, i'd be pretty creeped the fuck out, so they probably wanted nothing to do with it, which i get.

That's my point though. It IS super creepy. Which is why it's pretty shitty of them to just let Chitose be deceived like that. I mean slip a letter into her locker. Pass word along through the school's gossip channels. Mention it to a teacher. Do SOMETHING.

i like the art which is why i keep reading, but some parts of this story just don't make sense. in the beginning of chapter 5, there was a very clear and distinct age gap between the two sisters, so how is she able to stand in as her sister just like that? and second, if her hair was really that short before her sister died....hair does not grow that fast!! lol. from what i could tell looking back in the first chapter, it was only a month, 2 at MOST, that passed between the swap of the sisters. before touka died, chitose was studying for her entrance exam. she mentions how a lot of the questions on the test were told her by touka after all. then the story picks up again on her first day of highschool. there's only a week long break between switching grades in japan. i think men all across the world would love to know fake touka's hair growth secret lol. the only other explanation would be if she started growing it before touka died. which....why?

If you look at the beginning of chapter 5, the age gap isn't actually that clear. You never see a clear shot of the two of them in relation to each other, Ayaka's short hair just makes her look younger. The framing of the sisters creates a sense that Touka is taller, but even that might just be a trick of the paneling. They could in fact still be twins, to be honest. Being the "younger sister" could just be Ayaka being the second born of the two. Or Ayaka could be a year or two younger (Making her Chitose's age) That could lead to a noticable difference in height when they were little which could easily disappear by the time they got into high school. The fact that Ayaka came to class in Touka's place suggests they're only a year or so apart, tops.

As for the hair, I don't think it's suggesting her hair was that short before her sister died, it was short when she was a kid, and she grew it out to be like her big sister who she looked up to.

joined May 1, 2013

It's actually really poignant and creepy that she's been impersonating her sister for weeks in school and everyone just ignores it. I wish they'd played that note more.

And yeah, that nurse is a weird extra character, the kind that would solely exist to get paired up with someone. Right now I'm thinking Rikako/Chitose and Ayaka/nurse.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

There is one odd thing about this series, even in a world where girl-girl relationships where totaly normal, it's still a big decision to decide that one is not going to persue a life of building a family of one own and instead live a life of self gratification. Yet the notion seems to go completely silent in this series.

Nobody in this series is making long-term life decisions, so why would it come up? You've got a couple of helpless gay girls who are pining for their crushes and haven't thought beyond that, a terminally ill girl who has no life to pursue, a heartbroken little sister who doesn't know how to mourn, A doctor who sure as hell isn't going to give any shit to her dying patient or the girl that now has to mourn her, and a nurse that seems to be a blank and endless void bereft of anything resembling a personality.

Who's gonna comment on "hey, are you sure you don't wanna have kids some day?" under those circumstances?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 2: "I can't push her to hard, I don't want to break the glass."
Chapter 6: "Fuck it, let's blow this glass to smithereens, I've waited enough."

…I mean, I get her rationale that these two sisters bring nothing but pain to Chitose, but couldn't she wait at least a few days? It's like no one in this series has ever heard about basic human decency.

…But I kinda enjoy it so far.

last edited at Oct 27, 2018 5:15PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You know, it's still over-the-top Gothic melodrama, but this is the first chapter where I thought things were actually coming together a bit more.

Loved Shitty-Attitude-Doctor-sensei in this one. Cigarette burns--now there's a bedside manner for you.

(Oh, and Rikako who?)

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Dammit but what about the childhood friend!!!!!!!!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Dialogues are bad. Like, godawful bad. >_<

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Sadly we might as well forget about a happy ending for her at this point

joined Aug 23, 2018

I think the friend will more then likely be rejected and forgotten about. This is now all about MC and her romance with her dead love's twin sister. I don't know i would have preferred to seen a slightly more twisted tale about a twin sister out for payback on the girl she blamed for her sister's death. I would have liked if they kept on that path.

But you can kind of tell where it's going with the romance. But I've enjoyed it even though my favorite character is still the childhood friend. Not feeling it with the MC and twin sister.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ Well, we can still have a twisted tale about a childhood friend out for payback on the girl she blames for her beloved's misery.

last edited at Oct 28, 2018 4:34PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Well, we can still have a twisted tale about a childhood friend out for payback on the girl she blames for her beloved's misery.

I like the way you think.

Couple of possibilities: flashback to the confession scene, where something happens (probably inadvertently, since Chitose is goodness incarnate second only to safely dead Touka) to send Rikako full-metal yandere.

And/or

Rikako is right around the corner overhearing this haircut/bonding scene, which sends her . . . etc.

(And I swear that's been a yandere hairdo from the get-go.)

If we don't get something like that, this series threatens to turn into a routine lovey-dovey romance story, thereby betraying its roots as a semi-coherent creepy thriller.

joined Jul 26, 2016

If we don't get something like that, this series threatens to turn into a routine lovey-dovey romance story, thereby betraying its roots as a semi-coherent creepy thriller.

Top 10 Manga Betrayals

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Why do you have to be my favorite character childhood friend? Why couldn't you have been the generic love rival that just has to be dealt with?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Rikako is right around the corner overhearing this haircut/bonding scene, which sends her . . . etc.

(And I swear that's been a yandere hairdo from the get-go.)

Even if she does turn yandere I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to hate her, she'll still be a favorite, unless she resorts to extreme violence of course

To reply you must either login or sign up.