Forum › Pages in Search of a Bookmark discussion

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

what a twist. i seriously did not expect that

Things are getting interesting, can't wait for the next chapter.
I personally hope that Chitose ends up with Ayaka, at the end of all this.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Called it!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thank you, Exposition-Sensei.

Poor Rikako—“Am I not good enough?” is almost always a losing hand, but it’s the only play she’s got.

Best case, Chitose takes it as, “Can’t I, Chief Friend and Ruler of the Friend Zone, help you to forget your lost love by being your best friend and doing best friend things together and assist you to move on to your next love, who is potentially anyone except me, your friend?”

I kinda doubt if absolute worst case is on the table: “I found out yesterday that my love is really dead and you just see that as an opportunity to start macking on me? Ewwwww, disgusting!”

EDIT: Upon further reflection about the way this one has actually rolled so far, let me change that “kinda doubt” to “really hope that the absolute worst case isn’t.”

And I totally ship Nurse Maria with someone—I just haven’t decided who yet.

last edited at Oct 20, 2018 9:54PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Top ten worse moments to confess to your best friend that you're lesbian and in love with her

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Thank you, Exposition-Sensei.

Heh, you beat me to it.

Exposition-sensei: the Japanese little brother of Captain Exposition. Turns whole manga chapters into bricks of infodumping text.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

You know, this release made me realize something: Chitose doesn't have any personality beyond being perfect. She's perfectly cute, perfectly sweet, perfectly selfless, perfectly devoted to the one she loves, and her only reaction when someone hurts her is to cry and suffer in silence. She's the Japanese version of Mary Sue. No wonder people complain that this story rubs them up the wrong way.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I hope MC dies and her identical twin sister starts dressing just like her and falls in love with Rikako.

last edited at Oct 20, 2018 11:07PM

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Top ten worse moments to confess to your best friend that you're lesbian and in love with her

I was just going to comment that. Rikako is the most likeble character in this story, but the poor thing doesn't know what to do.

Came here to say these same things. I’ve had no luck picking up girls at funerals.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

This gets better every chapter! I wonder who phone her, the Doctor probably??

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

You know, this release made me realize something: Chitose doesn't have any personality beyond being perfect. She's perfectly cute, perfectly sweet, perfectly selfless, perfectly devoted to the one she loves, and her only reaction when someone hurts her is to cry and suffer in silence. She's the Japanese version of Mary Sue. No wonder people complain that this story rubs them up the wrong way.

Her flaw is she is socially withdrawn, emotionally fragile and friendless aside for her one childhood buddy and a dead girl.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Her flaw is she is socially withdrawn, emotionally fragile and friendless aside for her one childhood buddy and a dead girl.

Heh, sounds like a princess with a heart of gold who's just too good for this bad bad world, and needs a dashing prince to come for her asap.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

It's not with the doctor?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's not with the doctor?

Too on-the-nose. Plus Doc is a heavy smoker—not a complete deal-breaker, but it puts her way down the list.

Chitose herself seems like she’d benefit from a lush, soft Big Sis bosom to comfort herself upon, but I don’t think that’s where this one is going.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It's the old, girl meets girl, girl disapears, girl comes back, only it's really girl's younger sister in disguise, all the while first girl's best friend has been secretly crushing on first girl, plot. I've seen it a million times. These manga artist need to seriously, break out of their rut.

last edited at Oct 21, 2018 1:28AM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

It's the old, girl meets girl, girl disapears, girl comes back, only it's really girl's younger sister in disguise, all the while first girl's best friend has been secretly crushing on first girl, plot. I've seen it a million times. These manga artist need to seriously, break out of their rut.

name the mangas that are similar to this? So far I haven't seen much of this plot so far.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

name the mangas that are similar to this? So far I haven't seen much of this plot so far.

That was a joke. I'll post something later that's not a joke, and you can compare the two.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Fuck man, the one time you don't want to see the childhood friend loosing streak continued.

Now that the glasses girl is also a fraud and a fake as well as being a glasses girl

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

No Rikako you are pushing in too early, that's not gonna play out well AT ALL

Clearly gonna be Ayaka/Chitose at the end which i do not want as who wants to get with someone pretending to be their dead sister

joined Feb 27, 2018

You know... Ayaka's parents have to know what's going on right? I mean realistically you don't just watch your youngest daughter turn herself into her dead sister without doing anything.
I'm guessing either the parents only ever cared about Touka and neglected Ayaka so she acted out by skipping school and being a delinquent . Ayaka probably resented her sister and got angry and wished she would disappear, when Touka actually died it broke Ayaka who felt impossibly guilty so Ayaka decided to become her. And at the end of it all the parents either don't care or are happy that"Touka" came back.

Crying%20trash
joined Feb 8, 2018

Jesus Christ, this is just like Bloom into You, hell Touka and... Touka even share the same goddamn name.

Edit: I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, please help.

last edited at Oct 21, 2018 5:12AM

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

holy fuck ok, that was hard to follow

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Ugh poor rikako, confessing like that is almost always a bad move.

Bet chitose is gonna gun for ayaka and then when that fails she gonna get with rikako.

Or they both go a little crazy and chitose stays with ayaka.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ugh poor rikako, confessing like that is almost always a bad move.

Bet chitose is gonna gun for ayaka and then when that fails she gonna get with rikako.

Or they both go a little crazy and chitose stays with ayaka.

At this point, I kind of expect a variation on that last part, since from Chitose’s point of view, she’s never been with Ayaka at all.

So: Ayaka realizes that she’s actually fallen for Chitose, then has to convince her to a) forgive her for the deception; and b) consider her as a partner in her own right. In this scenario, Rikako would be likely to serve as the Relationship Disruptor, angry with Ayaka for having deceived and hurt her beloved (and perhaps humiliated by Chitose’s rejection). And Rikako’s hairdo would definitely work for going full-metal yandere.

Of course, with so many Crazy Balls flying around in this one, who knows where they all might end up landing?

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

Would be perfect if Nurse and Rikako would meet.

Aw, yes please! I need that age gap tag...

To reply you must either login or sign up.