Forum › Pages in Search of a Bookmark discussion

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Oh no! My girlfriend is dead! Oh well, I guess her twin sister who deceived me and pushed me down the stairs is the next best thing! Too bad I don't have any other people in my life who love me deeply that I can turn to!

Jokes aside, it wasn't that bad. There was potential here, but it just felt like Chitose got over Touka being dead and forgave Ayaka way too quickly. And then we just skip all their actual romantic development and jump straight to them living together. Oh well.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

It's okay for me. Not bad, it was rushed yes but I get the feeling that this is another manga that had to be shortened and it's such a waste. Anyway, since it hurts me more than I thought it would it's 9/10 for me

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

well.. this is something.. i don't know. it had potential at first. touka dying without confessing her feelings crushed me but overall, it felt empty. and rikako deserved a better ending not just throwing her away like that.

it's weird lmfao i've been staring on the screen about what the fuck just happened

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

well.. this is something.. i don't know. it had potential at first. touka dying without confessing her feelings crushed me but overall, it felt empty. and rikako deserved a better ending not just throwing her away like that.

it's weird lmfao i've been staring on the screen about what the fuck just happened

Trust me—the more you think about this one the worse it gets.

So best to not think about it very much.

joined Dec 28, 2021

I feel like it should've ended way better than that? This way felt rushed, which may be the case.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

That is an Olympic grade jump

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

I agree that it ended too sudden. As many have already pointed out, the Mangaka probably had to end it sooner as planned, therefore I don't feel that this is a valid critique. But I still feel that after the Touka has died reveal, the Manga drove off a little. Even the newly introduced characters felt a little out of place, since they just barged into the story without a proper introduction. For instance, I have no idea what Maria's purpose is in the story. Is she the doctors lover? Or did she have any connection to Touka? I don't mind having characters with not that much introduction in a one shot, but in a full serialization, I would like to know more about each character.

But that aside, I really enjoyed this manga, especially the first couple of chapters. I also think it covered some interesting points like how to act after a loved one is gone or dealing with an unrequited love. And before knowing what was up with Touka, I was really hyped to know and could not stop reading. So I think this manga did it's job well in giving me a fun time while reading :)

joined Jan 29, 2021

Sort of odd, I really don't know how to feel about it. The library scenes were really really cute though! Might have to favorite the first few chapters to reread later ^^

joined Apr 28, 2021

Just read this whole thing in one sitting. Idk...I wouldn't say I LOVED reading it and it wasn't great but I did enjoy it. I wish we could have seen more of Chitose's best friend instead of her just getting rejected with nothing. Cute art though.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Well, that was bland. I didn't hate the characters or anything (though the doctor felt out of place. I don't understand why the childhood friend couldn't be the one to reveal the truth about Touka's death), but the way things got solved was too easy for my taste, and it seems like MC forgot about Touka way too quickly.

joined Jun 9, 2018

Hello guys, I love the other works of this author but this one shows that it is something more serious and depressing. Tell me how wholesome is it??? or is it completely bitter?? Could you give me a brief summary of everything that happens until the end? It doesn't matter if it has spoilers.

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 2:22PM

joined Feb 13, 2022

another instance of the childhood friend curse...

joined Aug 8, 2022

Isn’t it me but I find that some Japanese Yuri mangaka is so bad at developing plot or writing character development in their manga?

The art is exquisite and top-notch, but the storyline… C’mon, it feels like they just disrespect their fans generally… if you tell me to pay a dime for this, with all due respect, no!

last edited at Nov 17, 2022 5:05AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.