Forum › A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Girl, you know you want that Indou all up in yah. Stop lyin

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ugh, she's still interested in that violent blonde. Please, Blondie-Chan, slap her face already so you can break up!

“Violent blonde”? What are you even talking about?

Kagami’s so-called “physical violence” amounts to two wrist grabs (one of Indou before a kiss and welcoming hug, and one of Ooba at the study session). Big Sis-chan Ooba manhandles Indou at the bath much more forcefully than Kagami does when she lifts her in Chapter 1, and Ooba also lifts Indou up right before the welcome kiss.

Then verbally Kagami sometimes scolds Indou who is a notably crappy student, and then she does what she can to help her get her grades up.

I swear some people seem to be reading an entirely different story than the one on the page.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

I swear some people seem to be reading an entirely different story than the one on the page.

i laughed at this for being so true

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'd rather see Ooba or Miharu with Indou, but the red string's been showing since chapter 1.

Jpeg_20190503_195855
joined Aug 21, 2016

Ugh, she's still interested in that violent blonde. Please, Blondie-Chan, slap her face already so you can break up!

“Violent blonde”? What are you even talking about?

Kagami’s so-called “physical violence” amounts to two wrist grabs (one of Indou before a kiss and welcoming hug, and one of Ooba at the study session). Big Sis-chan Ooba manhandles Indou at the bath much more forcefully than Kagami does when she lifts her in Chapter 1, and Ooba also lifts Indou up right before the welcome kiss.

Then verbally Kagami sometimes scolds Indou who is a notably crappy student, and then she does what she can to help her get her grades up.

Probably forget that Kagami is basically a superior and this is Military school. She isn't really suppose act buddy buddy with Indou but she still does which is nice of her. Honestly I would love this treatment when I was in cadets.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Guys, this is a military school

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Translation question: on p. 122, Ooba says to Kagami, "It's the first time I see you like this."

Technically speaking, it's the use of simple present tense ("see") for present perfect tense ("have seen").

I've seen this error many, many times in a number of translated manga (one that first comes to mind is A Kiss and a White Lily, but there are lots of others).

What's puzzling about it is that it shows up in translations that otherwise use even more complicated English verb tenses correctly, including conditional tenses ("would have been," etc.) and present continuous tense ("I am seeing"), among others.

Is there something about Japanese grammar that makes "I have seen" (or "I have never seen") a particularly tough one?

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Spanish Speakers!

Ch. 7 is up!!

https://tumangaonline.me/library/manga/34842/Koushin-Koinu-ni-Koibumi-

I knew my high school Spanish would be useful for something. Thank you for the link

Oh well this really is Strawberry Panic in a military way. Last chapter (3) remembered me when Etoile-sama teached Nagisa in studies.

Yes! I think so too. There’s some differences, but I see them as: Shizuma/Kagami, Nagisa/Indou, Miyuki/Ooba, Tamao/Miharu

last edited at Sep 23, 2018 11:15AM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

kabedon

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

This really reminds me of Strawberry Panic.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Kagami reminds me a lot of "The Master" from My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Translation question: on p. 122, Ooba says to Kagami, "It's the first time I see you like this."

Technically speaking, it's the use of simple present tense ("see") for present perfect tense ("have seen").

I've seen this error many, many times in a number of translated manga (one that first comes to mind is A Kiss and a White Lily, but there are lots of others).

What's puzzling about it is that it shows up in translations that otherwise use even more complicated English verb tenses correctly, including conditional tenses ("would have been," etc.) and present continuous tense ("I am seeing"), among others.

Is there something about Japanese grammar that makes "I have seen" (or "I have never seen") a particularly tough one?

It's an English as a second language thing. It's a pretty common grammar construction in non native English usage. It's not a Japanese thing. I feel like I have and I'm seeing don't really make sense in this situation despite being what we use, they're a weird quirk of native English usage. The normal use of I have seen would be to describe to someone something you have seen before, not make a comment in the present about something happening right in front of you (in context, it's an act of commentary, which is a pretty complex move in speech, if common). Similarly, we use I'm seeing here, but I think that might just be straight up an incorrect usage becoming mainstream.

last edited at Sep 28, 2018 1:01AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

if someone here speaks spanish you can read the first 6 chapters at tumangaonline.me. also the same scanlators (rainy devil scans) that transalate this one also work on nettaigyo wa yuki ni kogareru and other yuri manga i think they upload the chapters faster than dynasty and they actually have a pretty large catalogue of yuri works so you guys should totally check it

Gracias por la información ♥

I can speak Dutch, French, German, English, I even studied Latin for 4 years.... WHY TF CAN'T I SPEAK SPANISH FML USELESS SCHOOL USELESS COUNTRY

jajajaja don´t give up on your spanish is a beatifull language kind of hard but beatiful nontheless the hardest part of the spanish is that you can know everything about it yet know nothing because is so diferent depending on wich country you are

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

Now it gets finally interesting.

This is getting interesting, can't wait to see what happens next.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

is this rape?

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ohh shieet~ it finally happend!

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

There's so much gay energy in this chapter, I think I swooned at least three times.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Being Brazilian has it's good points sometimes. I already up to chapter 07 at Mangadex... Liking It a lot so far.

joined Oct 14, 2016

Insert Zombieland Saga BANG! at the last page ahahahaha

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I KNEW IT! All military ladies are gay! Time to get me an official wife!

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

Omfg yass :’)

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Yessssss a kisssss!!

Yes! I think so too. There’s some differences, but I see them as: Shizuma/Kagami, Nagisa/Indou, Miyuki/Ooba, Tamao/Miharu

Me too! Finally our military Shizuma kissed Nagisa haha xD

Kagami reminds me a lot of "The Master" from My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel

I think so too!

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 8:56PM

Overwatch_dvaxmercy_icon
joined Sep 6, 2018

Wew, lots of interesting things happened this chapter. Looking forward to what'll happen next!

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Shouldn't this have an age gap now?

To reply you must either login or sign up.