Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Right, just thought "being together just because you are the only gay people you know really is not the most solid basis for a relationship ..." then the comments reminded me of the one shot. So, makes sense to me.

Also, get the fuck away from a band with romantic complications before it's even properly started. That drama nobody needs ^^;

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Na, not for me, given what the oneshot was about - I'm not in the market for adding sadness into my life. Even tho they may also find love with others, which would be noteworthy since it's rare, I want fluffy and happy and romantic yuri atm thanks - not realism.

• I WILL check how it turned out once it's finished, since I can't say for sure atm I wont want to read it.

last edited at Sep 1, 2018 4:31PM

joined Jul 14, 2016

And this is why I love this site <3

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

I actually like this. Just because the one-shot happened and this will most likely go the same way doesn't mean that's all it will be. I'm hoping we see more of what happens in the middle and after. Plenty of ways to expand the "universe" with new characters and show how the two main characters grow, together and apart(?), yet still together(?). Breaking up also doesn't need to be angsty and sad (it wasn't all that in the one-shot). We've seen the "first love forever" stories so many times already, so something different is always welcome.

last edited at Aug 31, 2018 9:26AM

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

I actually like this. Just because the one-shot happened and this will most likely go the same way doesn't mean that's all it will be. I'm hoping we see more of what happens in the middle and after. Plenty of ways to expand the "universe" with new characters and show how the two main characters grow, together and apart(?), yet still together(?). Breaking up also doesn't need to be angsty and sad (it wasn't all that in the one-shot). We've seen the "first love forever" stories so many times already, so something different is always welcome.

Yeah. There’s a lot of avenues that rarely get explored because usually we don’t dive into not-first love, or the first love introduced in the series.

For example, say Miwa does get together with he younger girl from the oneshot. What does she think of the fact that Miwa’s still bffs with Saeko, who is very gay?

joined Feb 18, 2015

It'll be interesting to see if the series follows a similar story line to the one-shot or if it will have a different type of feel to it... But it's great that it's been serialized!

joined Mar 3, 2017

This had better end well. I don’t want to wake up tomorrow morning and find a dead lily in my garden.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I am really looking forward to this and I really don't think people should view the one shot as having a bad end.

Sure, they didn't get together in the end, but the idea that true love means you need to have your happily ever after with the first person you get together with and if their are any problems then it was never love andeverything's terrible needs to die in a fire.

Yes, in the one-shot they got together and eventually broke up. But the one-shot isn't about immediately finding true love. It's about two girls who are leaving home for the first time and just beginning to really explore their sexuality. That means they are going to make mistakes and start relationships they don't really understand. What a lot of romances don't really touch on, and what the one shot handled well, was what you do after one of those first few romances that don't actually go anywhere. In this case, we saw that it doesn't have to end in a fight or enemies. They realized they were better as friends, so they stayed friends and started supporting each other in moving on to their next relationship. I think that's actually a very, very, good end. Especially if a longer series might mean we get to see those next relationships.

tl;dr: It's not a story about heart break. It's a story about growth and we need more of those.

Also, if nothing else, this manga gave us the phrase "platonic form of tiddy"

last edited at Aug 31, 2018 1:23PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Omega Deuse posted:

I am really looking forward to this and I really don't think people should view the one shot as having a bad end.

Sure, they didn't get together in the end, but the idea that true love means you need to have your happily ever after with the first person you get together with and if their are any problems then it was never love andeverything's terrible needs to die in a fire.

Yes, in the one-shot they got together and eventually broke up. But the one-shot isn't about immediately finding true love. It's about two girls who are leaving home for the first time and just beginning to really explore their sexuality. That means they are going to make mistakes and start relationships they don't really understand. What a lot of romances don't really touch on, and what the one shot handled well, was what you do after one of those first few romances that don't actually go anywhere. In this case, we saw that it doesn't have to end in a fight or enemies. They realized they were better as friends, so they stayed friends and started supporting each other in moving on to their next relationship. I think that's actually a very, very, good end. Especially if a longer series might mean we get to see those next relationships.

I support this, like... I repeat, we don't know where this story will lead us, but let's think about it for a minute people, this first chapter as one shot is really really good and fluffy, but what about it as a serialization? remember their words, first they met only recently, they haven considered each other as romantic partners prior to that, and the main reason for them going out is that they were lucky to find each others and they're scared of not getting that chance again any time soon... So is like "Hey I'm lesbian, you're lesbian too? that means we should go out!" but that's a gamble... I know there are gay couples out there in this situation, just trying to make things work somehow because is really really hard, specially in Japan.

SO! if they can't stay together, it wouldn't be strange........ But I hope they will.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

They did it! They done serialized it!

The one shot was wonderful. A little miffed to hear what the comment section for it apparently turned into. At least, according to a comment here. But that story had one of the things high on my list of things I want to see more of in yuri. Actual relationships! Even if they don't turn out well.

Can't understand how some people think there is no value in this story just cause they don't end up together.(in the oneshot it's based on. This might be different) A lot of people date people and it doesn't last. How they get to that point is a story in and of itself. One not covered very much in yuri. (unless it's in the stuff I won't read based on tags alone)

I don't blame people wanting to avoid heavy stuff though. It's the "they don't end up together so it's worthless people" I'm not getting. Now if they story has other flaws, which it very well could, that's something else.

last edited at Aug 31, 2018 3:47PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Yassss, another gem!!

also.. loving Miwa's earrings

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Umm the mangaka said in the one-shot that it was a prequel done instead of a manga about two girls in a band where they were exes before the story starts. So now it's presumably a series where the first few chapters are recapitulating the one-shot, then they're exes and the band goes to the forefront and it develops from there. Also, the viewpoint girl is probably, all things considered, more into the other woman than vice versa so i would guess there will be a little one-sided drama.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Oh my god they're back. And they're cuter than ever. Ready for more bittersweet?

Images
joined Feb 5, 2018

All things aside, I just want this to go further than the one shot, & explore what happens to miwa & saeko after they break up. Do they both find happiness elsewhere or with a strange twist they get back together. I just need more!

joined Sep 11, 2014

"let's start as friends first,"

HAHAHAHA as if that ever works. Miwa is going to feel like it's awkward being friends since he's got clear ulterior motives and he's going to get his hopes up.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

why i still ship those two?

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

I hope this is a successful series. I wish more adult life manga in general would be adapted to anime, but definitely college/adult life yuri. Maybe now that CR is producing their own content maybe they'll pick one up someday

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This looks like it's gonna be good.

joined Oct 26, 2016

Dunno. Those two seem to work better together as friends and wingwomen. How often do we get two friends who are both gay and just hang around and support each other? Maybe talking about the perks of girls the see in a club.

Yeah I feel that way too; plus, I'd enjoy reading some wingman teasing, nudging, and overall fun. Really down for some yuri with close friendships on the side; you don't get that so often.

Also would like to see how they interact when they talk to each other about their girlfriends.

last edited at Aug 31, 2018 11:40PM

549487_1
joined May 10, 2018

♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This was such a nice surprise! Totally loved it! The mangaka really did a good job conveying the mood of the situations (and the feelings of the characters) through a flurry of little visual hints and details in every panel of the story. It's a style I really like ! That was masterfully done! d^.^b

And also: thumbs up to Akiba Detectives, the scanlators! I love when a Japanese manga with a college setting (read: sex, booze, clubs & parties) is translated this way, making the characters sound just like their Western counterparts would in a similar ambience. It's so funny! It had been a long time since I've last read one of those, hehe.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

This is so good and the artstyle is amazing. It's hard to read it knowing how it will end, though

By the way, kuddos to Sexy Akiba Detectives. That accent they gave to Saeko fits her awesomely

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

And also: thumbs up to Akiba Detectives, the scanlators! I love when a Japanese manga with a college setting (read: sex, booze, clubs & parties) is translated this way, making the characters sound just like their Western counterparts would in a similar ambience. It's so funny! It had been a long time since I've last read one of those, hehe.

I completely agree with you. It fits perfectly and adds a lot a value to the manga.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

older characters. refreshing

joined Mar 5, 2016

i liked the one-shot and this is really quite promising too. there's just something about the art that is so expressive and approachable. it's relaxed but still professional. it's real good shit without trying to be hyperrealistic and flashy. great sense of detail, too. miwa has four different big earrings in just this chapter alone.

good translation as well, with pretty decent lettering.

all around this is an extremely refreshing comic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.