Forum › Citrus discussion

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I believe that are multiple universes out there. And in each one there are different versions of Mei and Yuzu. And I know for certain that in none of these universes Yuzu is topping Mei...

Also: Never an "I love you" was so awaited...

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Fucking finally

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

It's...unfortunate. I'm glad it ended, but there is much too much left to be desired. It went too well after all that trouble. Everyone seemed to have casually accepted the outcome of a conversation between these two -one of which was to inherit something massive for the family.

Right—did I miss it, or was there any clue whatsoever about what happens with the school/inheritance business that was supposedly driving the entire endgame plot?

Chapter 36,
Mei to Yuzu: “I wish we could be together, but we can’t because I need to inherit the school and save the family.”

Chapter 41,
Yuzu to Mei: “We need to be together.”
Mei: “OK.”

You didn't miss it.
I wonder if Saburouta had the sudden realization that it was such a cliche plot point and decided to ditch the whole affair.

Image0
joined May 22, 2018

I'm so glad I stuck around

Darynka Makarchuk
joined Jun 2, 2018

Jesus fucking crist the finaly made up
Only needed 4 years to see the ending
I hope that there will be series for background couples

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I'm glad it's the Yuri ending, thanks translation Team :).

...But where's my Kiss between Matsuri and Harumin? xD

Indeed, I knew what the ending would be and was kind of over Mei and Yuzu. Where's the MatsuMin ending at!?

_20180813_030223
joined Jul 25, 2013

I didn't realise it was ending this chapter ;_;

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Now that's an unrealistically clihé ending if ever I saw one but gosh darnit, I love it!

GuiltyBoomerang
20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

My feelings went from "Damn it make up already!" to "...well that was a bit too easy..."

At the very least an ending was produced, and there can only be hope for side character epilogues too.

Fb_img_1505910576160
joined Jan 8, 2016

The best part is where the father confronts the grandfather. . . At last and forced by the little sister it seems.

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 12:03PM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

And I must also say: my theory way back in February that Mei was just being insecure and simply needed Yuzu to step up and be firm about wanting to be with her turned out to be true. She needed a "grandiose demonstration" of love. Problems were all in her head.

Ah, yes my dear. As a woman all of your horrid problems were merely a figment of your imagination. Now, do not fret as it was none of your fault, but that of the cycles of the moon and tides of the sea.

I do not assume that is how you meant it, but saying it was all in her head reminded me of this. That said, Mei's problems were hardly "all in her head". Her life and even Yuzu didn't make is easy for her to speak up. And often times both moved to silence her. I once defended Citrus, and I do think there may be some good qualities worth discussing though no longer to defend, but I will say that it does paint a clear picture of why Mei was the way she was and why she had such a hard time trusting and believing others. None of her problems were simply in her head.

If Mei's problems were not all in her head, then why did all of them magically go away once Yuzu said some reassuring words? So looks like to me she was just being a drama queen, or worse: merely a plot device. The story does give reasons for her to think all these factors would be a problem, but the fact that NONE of the problems turn out to be real really decrease her credibility as a character.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The script for most of the silent panels on pages 21-23 has been found! (Not completely sure of some of these translations):

Page 21: tier 2, right hand panel:
“Udagawa-san, we’re sorry, but we really want to be together.”
“That’s fine—I’m just relieved that I’ll now have a chance to go explore my own sexuality. Call me if you guys ever need anything!”

Left hand panel:
“Gramps-sama, we’re sorry, but the marriage is off because reasons.”
“Harumph.”

Next tier, right:
“Harumin, you have been promoted from Mayor to Queen of the Friendzone.”
“Baka—I knew that before you did.”

Left-hand panel:
“Grandma-san, you look like you need Matsuri’s special nuru massage. Let’s go get comfy.”

Page 22, Top right:
“Girls, as usual Mom is really, really drunk. Tell me this news again in the morning.”

Left:
“God, those two are so boring—and I still don’t like the way Drill-Curls looks at Mei!”

Middle tier, Right:
Matsuri: “Yuzu, do you realize what these nails will do to Mei’s mucus membranes?”
Harumin: “Matsuri, you are so disgusting!”

Left:
“Shipping computer attempting to calculate square root of pi—core stack failure!”

Bottom right:
“Wait, when you said you needed a “sugar daddy” I thought you meant in the confectionary sense.”

Left:
“Good news, my friends—two sisters can have sex!”

Page 23, Top right:
“Back off, old man! Or should I show everyone the secret dossier that made me throw over the whole school thing in the first place?”

Left: (caption): “Aihara DNA prevents the expression of joy.”

Middle tier, right:
Shirapon: “So, Himeko-san, I observe that you’re not wearing any underwear.”
Himeko: “As of course I knew you would.”

Middle panel: (thought balloons from both): “So, two girls CAN have sex . . . .”

joined Oct 23, 2016

I went through 4 relationships, messed around with 6 diff. people (one night stand and one date type of thing) through these years and finally the end of Citrus comes...and boy was it boring AF. Yuzu steps up, asks Mei to marry her, and Mei says yes yes, a thousand times yes, then says I love you, then the writer recklessly marries them all in one chapter, without explanation of how long they had to waited to marry, the process of their marriage, where they married, where they are now?
But you know what I am more disappointed about... WHERE IS OUR LEWD SCENE?! Even Kase-san the fluffy manga that we all know and love gave us a lewd scene!!

I will say this once more, Kase-san was the one that truly deserves the 12-13 episode animation, not just some rushed movie. It deserves more recognition than this overhyped and prolonged series.

Glad its freaking over, angry that the writer wants to make a "spin-off" series, because I am soooo sick of these characters and with the way the mangaka finished this it looks like they are sick of it too.

End of Rant.

joined Mar 18, 2018

I can't believe it's actally over...
I'm not sure how I feel about the final chapter... It just felt somewhat rushed.

Gudako%20profile
joined Nov 9, 2015

Well I got a joyous squee from the necklace scene, so I can rest easy now.

joined Jan 11, 2018

The best part is where the father confronts the grandfather. . . At last and forced by the little sister it seems.

Honestly that really was the best part and saved this ending.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Loved every bit of it, yes even the stupid ass drama, looking forward for the spin-off, I only have one question...

How long was that time skip at the very end? 3 years,6? 1 month? lol someone please enlighten me

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I can't believe it's actally over...
I'm not sure how I feel about the final chapter... It just felt somewhat rushed.

Man... I could've been so much better. I wanted for once - JUST ONCE - for Mei to be the one running after Yuzu. But our delightful blonde spent the entire of the series chasing after Mei. I mean, she caught her eventually, but it would be nice to have something different in the end. How was this final scene any different than the other thousands of times Yuzu had to try her best to bring down one of Mei's emotional walls before? The only difference is that this time it worked? Come on...

The ending was... Good, I guess? But was way below what I was expecting... I would love to defend Saburouta-sama, but she really needs to polish her writting skills...

joined Jan 22, 2018

I have so much to say but to keep it short, the ending was blatantly rushed. Ugh, i expected a more definitive wrap up. It felt like i played a game passionately and at the end i used a cheat code to complete the final stage.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

... It's finally over... all that hype and still no hanky panky?! Meh well maybe you'll give us some ecchi in the spin off. Thanks for all the hard work Saburo Uta, it's been a beautiful ride (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

How long was that time skip at the very end? 3 years,6? 1 month? lol someone please enlighten me

That's the thing, nobody knows.

Well that was underwhelming.

yaaayyy finallyyyyy.....

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

IS OVER!
This day apparently will never come but here we are.
Damn, Citrus is over and I still don´t graduate...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the full color wedding spread. Thinking back on it I guess I shouldn't be since they hinted at it a lot, but it was really beautiful.

Too bad the ending was rushed af after creating all that ruckus with their drama. I liked how Yuzu's lesson for the story is "if we have problems, we should communicate" cuz godfuckin yes please communicate, but even til the end Mei just didn't get it and we get thrown a deus ex machina.

Ah well in the end my thoughts:
-Mei is one of the worst characters ever.
-I hope spin off is about Matsuri/Harumin.
-Thank fuckin god we can finally RIP.

To reply you must either login or sign up.