Forum › Citrus discussion

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Man... don't expect too much form that manga...

joined Jun 9, 2018

You know

What bothers me the most is that Yuzu had a very bad time, she is the only character that had a kind of development and even then, she did not get a satisfactory ending for all the sacrifice that she made or represented? Yes she is a fool, yes she always spent her time worried and desperate, she always groped in the dark, but she never gave up and kept on getting married to Mei in the end, which made her admirable, but more nevertheless It does not seem that everything she did was worth it.
I feel that a good comparison with the final Bleach, Saburo Uta had no ideas and only repeated the same plot over and over again until the fans got tired or he felt that he could not continue, half made a final and ended the story.

All right, he or she received the money and the fans guess they will be satisfied.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Looking at Mei: You might deserve happiness, but don't deserve Yuzu

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 5:10PM

joined Jun 30, 2016

Its good that that they ended up together but are they for real?! this ending was rushed as hell! they even use a time skip! they left a lot of things aside, Meis grandpa, did he really just give up like that? all that drama built fell so wasted now... and Mei even though she finally accepted her feelings, I think she could have done much more with her character, anyway i hope the spin off show us more about the new life Yuzu and Mei have, without any heavy drama..

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

The most rush ending i have ever seen, so rushed it didn't make any sense. What a big disappointment

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I never thought I would live to see this manga ending. Still, this ending feels a bit rushed, they could have extended that ending montage for a couple of chapters, the heroines overcoming a huge challenge should give them a more substantial reward.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Well that was really rushed xD but oh well. No use prolonging it. Idk if i will miss citrus. When it first came out i was really interested and it got steadily worse and worse... but yay happy end. Kind of wish mei would of apologized for being a shit head the entire time

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 5:41PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

We got one full f**** chapter (pardon) of Yuzu feeling bad, and one full f**** chapter (pardon again) of Yuzu running towards Mei and then we get... this as a last chapter.

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 6:19PM

17e2534476126e6af1df1108eee8f0d1
joined Apr 9, 2018

Is this the end of the manga ? if its yes then im sooo happy that this happend x3 i hope mei and yuzu an eternal happy love life for ever !!!

17e2534476126e6af1df1108eee8f0d1
joined Apr 9, 2018

The end is kinda rush im agree but at the same time im happy :3 but they could really have continue it more :/

0000slan1
joined Apr 7, 2018

Well, it was rushed but I expected much worse, maybe the spin-off will show us what happened before the marriage, etc.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

So all the other yuri schoolgirls in this cast will still marry older businessmen? They were all engaged like Mei if I remember correctly. And grandpa is suddenly okay with everything? Okay then.

Ryokoayeka2
joined Sep 6, 2017

A better ending would've been Meitron losing control and Harumin coming from a window blowing off the crazy android head with a shotgun, and take Yuzu saying "The time has come, come with me... We're running out of time and she will recover soon, I must take you to safety"
Yuzu: W- What hell is going on?! Why is this happening, Harumi?!
Harumi: I'm not Harumi... I'm your daughter, Yuzuha.

I actually want this to happen.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Finally, it's over and on such a meh finish

joined May 20, 2013

The script for most of the silent panels on pages 21-23 has been found! (Not completely sure of some of these translations)

That's golden. I wouldn't mind seeing an edited version.

Man of the Year MVP right there.

There was speculation about which man will be needed to set the solution in motion. Maybe the fiancé was one of the candidates, behind the dad somewhere, but I'm still utterly disappointed by the implications. If it was the teacher from the beginning of the manga, Yuzu would have been sent away... Two people need to work for a good relationship and that's clearly not what happened, not to mention it just had to be a guy because two girls can't solve any problem on their own, even with a whole group of friends. I get that he's supposed to be a good guy and their friend (although I find him creepy), but this made the whole rushed ending even worse in my eyes.

I don't know what to expect from the spin-off... It would have potential if it left most of Citrus' themes behind, focused more on the solution of everyday problems instead of the forced drama, on more interesting characters, and if maybe someone helped writing it. It seems the main characters remain these two, though. It could complement the story that just ended, finally giving Mei and Yuzu a (deeper?) personality, but after all these volumes it's hard for me to trust the author not to just create more artificial drama with poor (at best) execution. Even its strongest point, the art, suffered at times during these years, and I'd really prefer if Saburouta tried something else (yuri, of course).

RomanticGuy153
joined May 21, 2018

Very cute :)
When Mei finally said she love Yuzu :)
Very cute, but not enought for really wet my eye to be honest... Also, the author should have asked to Miki Yoshikawa for some advice about time-skip and wedding... Personally, "Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches" is one of my reference in this field (a het supernatural manga I really recommand! One of the few one that managed to move me to tears).
Here, as everyone said, the wedding was way too rushed...
But, I have to say the happiness in the eyes of Mei at the last page were wonderfull. It was the eye of a person that accepted to go through sadness for the rest of her life, to the point of losing their light, and that finally light up like a newborn star in the darkness of the cosmos before a brighter futur full the happiness that she had previously given up.
Yep, truly wonderfull eyes. :')

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 8:09PM

_rpehnod92y
joined Sep 24, 2017

It's over?

...for reals?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I think Mei has said more words this chapter than she did in the entire series. It's a miracle?

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 8:59PM

SorryNotSorry_
joined Feb 17, 2018

Wait I just thought about something.
Did we just go through 41 chapters and not a single chapter hinted to Yuzu and Mei doing the beast with 2 backs?
.....3 years......3 years I wanted them to bang....blue balled....

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Wow, a yuri wedding. I guess it "isn't just an all girl school thing" after all. Love and yuri to death do us part!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I want follow up story. A dramody about there married live together. I really want a semi-serious look on how a lesbian married couple make their way in a heteronormative world.

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Given what Citrus plus' promo image looked like it will probably be set in high school and be a comedic slice of life series.

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

Well that didn't felt rush at all!

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 9:53PM

joined Dec 13, 2013

10 years of waiting and saburouta finishs ALL the drama in a couple pages with ONE CONVERSATION AND APOLOGIES CJDIDKDKDK AjodjdokodkdoKAKAKAKKAKA AAAAAAAA

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

HAPPY ENDING YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

To reply you must either login or sign up.