Forum › Posts by Suigetsu

Suigetsu
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Kaoru is pretty desperate. I still don't believe she loves Uta in that way though...how could it ever turn sexual?

At this point I think Uta might want to keep Konatsu's story in mind. Even if Kaoru wants to sleep with Uta as a source of comfort at the moment since she's in a bad emotional state, lonely, and thinks Reiichi is cheating on her, she hasn't confirmed any romantic feelings for Uta. It would likely end in heartbreak if they hooked up now.

Despite Uta's feelings, she would be better of rejecting any advances Kaoru might make at the moment until Kaoru sorts herself out and decides what she really wants. She needs to confront Reiichi and Risako first.

Suigetsu
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

That exchange on page 19 is really... odd, though.

K: It just means you're really falling in love with him.
R: Is this what love is?
K: I think so?
R: Then I just can't understand. I've searched so many times for a reason, and now I feel gross unable to find one.

Maybe it's the translation, but what is she talking about in that last time? A reason... she's in love with Reiichi? Why would she 'search so many times' for a reason that she loves him, when she was just now led to the conclusion she loves him?

I think Kaoru made an incorrect assumption here. She assumes Risako is jealous due to Kaoru spending close time with her boyfriend in the past, when the reason she's actually jealous is that someone other than her was close to Kaoru.

So, "Is this what love is?" is Risako questioning her own feelings toward Kaoru.

"Then I just can't understand. I've searched so many times for a reason, and now I feel gross unable to find one."

Shows that until now, Risako didn't identify her feelings toward Kaoru as romantic love. It also shows that said emotions confused her and she constantly questioned what she was feeling toward Kaoru. And she doesn't seem too happy with the revelation and wishes she could keep making up excuses for her feelings. Or at least that's how the phrasing makes it seem to come across.

Suigetsu
Citrus + discussion 20 Jun 11:54
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

I hope that means season 2 is coming. So many good moments to be had. Too bad they likely won't adapt much if any of the volume bonus chapters, since season 1 skipped over most of them as well.

Suigetsu
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 19:35
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Yuzu tells Mei to kiss her if she feels the same way about her, so if Mei kissed her without loving her then Mei was lying to start their relationship.

And what Mei told Yuzu before Yuzu confessed was that there wasn't anything she wanted to hear from Yuzu, but Yuzu called out that Mei was lying.

last edited at Jun 19, 2019 7:36PM

Suigetsu
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 18:05
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

I wonder how fast word will reach the students. Rumors were already spreading about them before this.

Suigetsu
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 17:28
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

To put it simply, Citrus was about Mei entering a faux relationship with Yuzu to repay her for all the kindness she showed her, but in the process ended up actually falling in love with her.

This really seems to contradict volume 4. Mei was genuinely very hurt that Yuzu rejected her. And wanted someone to care about her, which is why she agreed to date Sara.

Yuzu chased after Mei and confessed her true feelings at last. Mei was very happy at the confession. And the fact that Mei was carrying around the bear that Yuzu gave to her (fixed for her in the anime) was a sign that she was thinking about Yuzu the entire time.

So while unsure of her own feelings, Mei agreed to date Yuzu because she wanted to, not out of any sense of repaying her. I think even the letter Mei left to Yuzu said how scared she was of the feelings Yuzu gave her.

last edited at Jun 19, 2019 5:51PM

Suigetsu
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 14:20
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Hmmm...okayyy...so this series is essentially a miquel? That's one way to go about progression, and it kind of makes sense, (maybe??) but, why bill it as a sequel if that's the case?

From what I remember reading it was billed as a spinoff, but people kept calling it a sequel.

Suigetsu
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 12:19
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Why it look like the relationship has regressed

Mei wants a fresh start after getting back together with Yuzu, so it's like they're starting their relationship again from square one so that they can go through the proper steps this time.

Edit: And as others have pointed out, Citrus+ began after the balcony scene when Yuzu and Mei first got back together. It's an interquel that covers events set before and during the final chapter of Citrus. Most likely it'll cover Yuzu and Mei's final year of high school.

last edited at Jun 19, 2019 12:24PM

Suigetsu
Citrus + discussion 20 May 19:54
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

While Mei might've been referring to Himeko hugging her and breathing on her ear when she brought up jealousy to Yuzu, given how the previous chapter ended, I'm starting to wonder if Mei is beginning to realize that she's jealous of how close Yuzu is to Harumin.

Edit: Mei bringing up if she's suitable for Yuzu also ties into this. Maybe Mei's starting to think that Harumin's more compatible with Yuzu, since Harumin was able to help Yuzu when she wasn't.

last edited at May 20, 2019 7:57PM

Suigetsu
Citrus + discussion 20 Apr 10:53
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Well the only other possibility is that Sabu is planning for Mei and Yuzu to reach breaking point of holding back and then just make out like crazy.

I mean, I am fairly sure Yuzu’s behaviour is like pent-up frustration misdirected towards studying lol and same with Mei’s depressive state. As I don’t want to think she suddenly decided to portray the 2 have zero chemistry.

This is all just build up to the scene where Mei awkwardly confesses her love to Yuzu on the couch like we saw in the final chapter of Citrus. They just got back together after being separated for months, so they're trying to get things sorted out.

Harumin after this chapter, I would even consider that she is most likely straight lol Definitely she is behaving like a somewhat protective friend and showing zero romantic or sexual interest in Yuzu. If she was doubting her sexuality or having any feelings for Yuzu, that would be shown very differently during the changing clothes scene.

Mei is feeling insecure because of Harumin understanding Yuzu better though. So if there’s a triangle, it’s more in her own mind.

Harumin acted awkward when Yuzu kept hugging her, then she made the joke about Yuzu getting so cute that everyone will be after her. And then there's whatever the bunch of things Mei's talk with Harumin helped her get over. So far Citrus+ has teased us with Harumin's odd behavior, then had Matsuri point blank ask her her thoughts on love, which we were never shown. She might not be in love with Yuzu, but the story is obviously building towards something with Harumin.

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 10:54AM

Suigetsu
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Some people thought that the story was going to be Uta getting over her feelings for Kaoru and falling in love with another girl who she could end up with. But then the heavily implied cheating happened and the most recent chapter has Kaoru's thoughts about Uta implying she may be attracted to her.

Suigetsu
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

My heart won't stop pounding. I'm getting so nervous just to talk to her. I've never felt like this before.

This sounds like signs of attraction, which is very weird, since that would mean that Kaoru was never truly attracted to Reiichi romantically. Then again, given their past and his constant rejections of her, it seems there might not have ever been a genuine romance there. They were both just seemingly using each other to fill a void (Kaoru's loneliness) or role (Reiichi probably wanted a mother/sister figure for Uta). They were childhood friends with issues, but that might have been all they've really ever been to each other.

Suigetsu
Citrus + discussion 20 Feb 17:15
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

When Matsuri confronted Harumin that she's being too affectionate with Yuzu. Harumin acted like she was being caught in the act but she only played it cool. Her expression look like she was being called out for something she always gets away with.

Well, the original series had moments like Harumin feeding Yuzu etc. Harumin's just the touchy feely type. However, Harumin did those things without realizing Yuzu and Mei were dating at the time and Mei likely wouldn't be too happy if she ever saw them doing those things together, especially since Mei herself is having a hard time trying to become more affectionate with Yuzu.

Suigetsu
Citrus + discussion 20 Feb 10:39
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

So either Harumin does have feelings for Yuzu, or Matsuri is too focused on Harumin and is making overreaching assumptions about Harumin's motives.

Things like Matsuri saying that Harumin is too affectionate with Yuzu could be read as Matsuri's observations being clouded by jealousy. Even the cover of the story is Matsuri staring at Harumin in the hallway at school, plus Matsuri following Harumin around and spying on her could mean that it's Matsuri's feelings that might be love that the title could be referring to.

Curious to see where it goes, but so far it seems like a plotline that will result in Harumin and Matsuri getting closer.

last edited at Feb 20, 2019 10:39AM

Suigetsu
Citrus discussion 15 Nov 11:26
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

A promo from this month's Yuri Hime magazine confirms that Citrus + spinoff will start next month in December.

Suigetsu
Citrus discussion 31 Oct 11:08
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Seems like the “plus” in the title really might refer to more adult content in the new series holy moly==

Plus just means bonus or extra, like Fate/Extra. The title has absolutely no tie to adult content. In fact, all of the volume bonus chapters for Citrus were titled Plus. That's not to say that Citrus Plus won't have some more mature content now that Yuzu and Mei are together for good, just that the title isn't any indication of that.

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 11:11AM

Suigetsu
Citrus discussion 30 Oct 18:16
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

I'm still looking forward to the Chaosteam version since the fan that did the quick translation wasn't sure on some of the lines.

Suigetsu
Citrus discussion 30 Oct 17:40
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

It was posted on the Citrus discord.

Suigetsu
Citrus discussion 30 Oct 15:22
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

The volume 10 author's notes were translated today. It seems Citrus plus will indeed be happier in tone. It will also continue the stories of the side characters.

Suigetsu
Citrus discussion 29 Aug 02:05
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Masamune-Kun no revenge having its spin-off beginning in September with exactly what Citrus plus may be : shorts stories about the main characters...

From what I read, that announcement said the protagonists would be some of the characters focused on. That phrasing implies that the side cast will get stories about them too. And in that sense I think Citrus plus will likely do that. Saburouta did tweet during the anime that she wanted to tell a story about Harumin's family. Citrus plus would be the perfect opportunity if it's just short stories covering various cast members.

Suigetsu
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Risako's words about Reiichi while Kaoru was in the hospital seem to show that he isn't a reliable person in her eyes.

One of the latest volume bonus chapters had young Kaoru encouraging Risako to look cuter while at the same time looking envious of her attractiveness on the cover. That implies some tension Kaoru feels toward Risako.

And lets not forget Reiichi's mom's comments this chapter being completely surprised Kaoru and Reiichi married, while Reiichi puts up a flimsy denial that things are going well and they're happy.

Suigetsu
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Kaoru is an odd case to me. It seemed pretty obvious in flashbacks that Reiichi liked Risako and not her, but suddenly his mom is responsible for her mom dying and he asks her to marry him. That right there should've set off alarm bells that he's not marrying her out of love. In fact, if he's really cheating with Risako it's because Risako is the one he really wants to be with.

Suigetsu
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Imagining something isn't the same as actually going through it. It seems that Kaoru brushing off her feelings so casually hurt Uta much more than Uta expected it to. And to top things off their horrible mother shows up and starts messing with Uta's emotions even more which causes Uta to be unable to control her outbursts.

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 10:57AM

Suigetsu
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

With how things are going for Uta at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if the story goes the route of her having a one-night stand with Konatsu. That's what usually happens in these kinds of scenarios. The MC ends up temporarily hooking up with a promiscuous acquaintance.

Suigetsu
Citrus discussion 27 Aug 09:24
Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Matsuri always calling Harumin "Taniguchi-senpai" has been Matsuri teasing her more than anything. She even called her that right after meeting her in volume 3 when they didn't even go to the same school, so Harumin wasn't even her senpai at the time.

How I've always interpreted it is that Matsuri realized Harumin figured out her manipulative nature right away, so to tease Harumin she called her "Taniguchi-senpai" out of mock respect. Over time I think it became more of a gentle tease since Matsuri still calls her that even after they get closer in the later chapters.

Meanwhile, Matsuri doesn't refer to any of the other characters formally. The closest is calling Shiraho "Shirapon-senpai" but even that is using Yuzu's nickname for her. See https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch31#14 for how she refers to the rest of the cast in one convenient list.